Writing purrs

Old April 3rd 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Writing purrs

On 2006-04-03, Singh penned:
I've been busting my onions with writing projects for quite a while.
It is my dream above dreams to be a full time writer, to be able to
leave the Job of Evil and spend my time researching and typing, sell
the movie rights, find a nice fat actress to play The Heroine Who
Secretly Looks Like Me. (I was thinking of Kirstie Alley, but now
that she's pimped herself out to Jenny Craig it wouldn't be very
realistic!) But I'm going on a tangent!

Can you all spare a few creativity purrs up to Buffalo?

Of course! Many purrs for the creativity to flow.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default breaking up purrs - was writing purrs

On 2006-04-03, Sandra penned:
Son came back this pm with ex? girlfriend - all very happy, so I
assumed they had made up. Now I am told they are still friends,
which after the hullabulooo last night has got me very confused! Why
can't kids just go straight to adulthood and leave this messy
teenage thing behind? I just can't believe the just friends bit is
going to work when they want to date others...

They're learning as they go. I also suspect that the just friends
thing won't fly, but only because it's so close on the heels of the
breakup. I do know people who are very good friends with their exes.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Breakup purrs (was: Writing purrs)

wrote:
Sandra wrote:

purrs coming your way, but could we exchange some? My 17yr old son
has (very suddenly and unexpectedly ) split up with his girlfriend

of 2 yrs. Just before she was due to holiday with us and only a
week after he bought her a very expensive present for her 18th,
which is coming shortly. Need strength for this one!

Lots of "I'll-never-forget-my-first-heartbreak" purrs for your son!
Did she end the relationship, or did he, or was it mutual? Anyway you
slice it, it's painful. That first heartbreak of mine happened when I
was 17, too. He broke up with me, and it was very sudden. It was such
a shock.

I was 16; he was 18. We'd been together 2 years. Suddenly he was an
"adult" and couldn't be with a "young girl" any more. Funny how when I
turned 30 he came back and declared we never should have broken up. I said,
"Of course we should have; looking back you weren't all that fascinating and
now I see why." LOL Sorry, that's a long story short. But the fact is he
said we should never have broken up and when I saw him in later years I
realized it was still all about HIM. We went to dinner one night; had a
nice time. Okay. Then I caught a cold or flu or something. He called. I
didn't feel like talking on the phone. I told him so. He persisted in
talking. I said I really don't feel well, gonna get off the phone, said I'd
call him tomorrow. He got all huffy, "Oh! you SURE you'll call me
tomorrow!"

With that attitude, do you think I called him the next day? Hell no.
Again, all about *him*. I took my cold medicine and went to sleep (I really
was sick, not that he cared).

I don't think this will help your daughter... you have to be thirty to
understand what a jerk a first love is.

Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Sandra wrote:

[...]

My first love... we met when I was 15 and he was 17, and we were together
for 11 years. We probably should have split up about a year after we met,
but didn't. I stuck around out of some strange naive notion that we were
married whether we were *legally* married or not, and the fact I was
depressed for the first 10 of those 11 years did not help one bit. The best
thing I can say about him is that I wouldn't have met Joel had he not been
in my life, and that I am a much stronger person because of the way he
treated me.

Yowie

Old April 4th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sandra" wrote in message ...
Son came back this pm with ex? girlfriend - all very happy, so I assumed
they had made up. Now I am told they are still friends, which after the
hullabulooo last night has got me very confused! Why can't kids just go
straight to adulthood and leave this messy teenage thing behind? I just
can't believe the just friends bit is going to work when they want to date
others...

sandra

omg how confusing. well at least he's happy for now.

Old April 4th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-04, meeee penned:

"Sandra" wrote in message
Son came back this pm with ex? girlfriend - all very happy, so I
assumed they had made up. Now I am told they are still friends,
which after the hullabulooo last night has got me very confused!
Why can't kids just go straight to adulthood and leave this messy
teenage thing behind? I just can't believe the just friends bit is
going to work when they want to date others...

sandra

omg how confusing. well at least he's happy for now.

To be honest, reading this, I have sudden insight into what my mom
must have felt like when I was in my yoyo relationship ... it lasted
something like 8 years (about 6 too long).

The only advice I can give, not that any was requested, is to *never
try to push him away from his girlfriend.* Really, any friend. The
harder you push, the harder they'll push back.

I honestly believe that if my parents had kept their lips zipped about
my relationship, it would have ended much sooner.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 4th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-04, meeee penned:

"Sandra" wrote in message
[...]

Yes! Totally true. I was with my first long term relationship for 2.5
years and that was about 2 years longer than I would have been if it wasn't
for my parents making such a big stink about how wrong he was for me. If
they would have just kept quiet, I never would have moved in with him and it
would have ended way sooner.
--
Britta

Old April 4th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I totally agree. As it happens I have no wish to separate them, if they are
not suited, going to different Uni's will do that. My main concern at the
moment is that we are all going on holiday together. If they are happy with
the situation, then so am I, I just don't want the holiday to be ruined.

My own mother made life hell for me when I was dating as she was unable to
let go.It caused a complete family break up, with me not allowed to see the
family because I refused to see her. I also married (over 20 yrs ago) the
person she was trying to split me up from.

As a consequence, I try to treat both my sons with respect. I will offer
advice or guidance, but always accept their decision with grace. All I want
is for them to be happy doing whatever they want to do, with whomever they
want to do it with. I figure that as long as they are nice people, are
reasonably law abiding and don't do drugs, I am doing ok as a parent!

sandra

Old April 5th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh wrote:

I've been busting my onions with writing projects for quite a while. It
is my dream above dreams to be a full time writer, to be able to leave
the Job of Evil and spend my time researching and typing, sell the movie
rights, find a nice fat actress to play The Heroine Who Secretly Looks
Like Me. (I was thinking of Kirstie Alley, but now that she's pimped
herself out to Jenny Craig it wouldn't be very realistic!) But I'm going
on a tangent!

Can you all spare a few creativity purrs up to Buffalo?

snip
Blessed be,
Baha

Lots and lots of writing purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Purrs for Mom, Please CatNipped Cat anecdotes 20 January 25th 06 08:40 AM
Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM