Traitor!

Old April 10th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Traitor!

At least that's what my three think of me.

On Saturday we were in South Wales, as Nathan was riding an event (round 2
of Rudy Project time trial series). Whilst in the Welsh Valleys we went to
see Vernon's daughter and her parter. They have a cat: Charlie. Charlie is
an absolutely sweet and entirely mad black & white boy cat of about 18
months old. So when we got back to deepest rural Norfolk, there was mucho
sniffing by felines and looks of *disgust* that spoke volumes... "We *know*
you've been making a fuss of a strange cat...."

I am forgiven, though, as Waffles brought me a vole yesterday.

Nathan won the time trial :-)

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old April 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:16:49 +0100, "wafflycat"
yodeled:

At least that's what my three think of me.

On Saturday we were in South Wales, as Nathan was riding an event (round 2
of Rudy Project time trial series). Whilst in the Welsh Valleys we went to
see Vernon's daughter and her parter. They have a cat: Charlie. Charlie is
an absolutely sweet and entirely mad black & white boy cat of about 18
months old. So when we got back to deepest rural Norfolk, there was mucho
sniffing by felines and looks of *disgust* that spoke volumes... "We *know*
you've been making a fuss of a strange cat...."

I am forgiven, though, as Waffles brought me a vole yesterday.

Nathan won the time trial :-)

Cheers, helen s

Yay Nathan!

Funny, my guys never seem to mind when I meet another cat, just very
interested.

Now if I brought it *home* . . .

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old April 10th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, wafflycat penned:

Nathan won the time trial :-)

Congrats!

I got back on my bike this weekend. First time this year. Two
thoughts:

1) Owwwww, my sitbones hurt!

2) Oh, how the mighty have fallen. (Okay, I was never mighty, but I
was stronger than this!)

As for cats, Oscar doesn't seem to care if I've been playing with
other animals. As long as they don't come into the house.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 10th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

At least that's what my three think of me.

On Saturday we were in South Wales, as Nathan was riding an event (round 2
of Rudy Project time trial series). Whilst in the Welsh Valleys we went to
see Vernon's daughter and her parter. They have a cat: Charlie. Charlie is
an absolutely sweet and entirely mad black & white boy cat of about 18
months old.////

*SLAPS HELEN S*. You should have said! I was around this weekend and was
in Cardiff for a change!

Helen M

Old April 10th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:78a2569d49e5a5d181cd33b76cd26956.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

*SLAPS HELEN S*. You should have said! I was around this weekend and was
in Cardiff for a change!

Helen M

OOWW!!! ;-)

If we are down that way again, I'll drop you an email in advance. If we are
there for cycling, it's all very cycling intense and not exactly relaxing.
Working back from the start time of Nathan riding, we work out a timetable
literally down to when he eats before an event and what he drinks... and at
what time... he takes his cycling very seriously these days and his
improvements are starting to show. But it would be good to see you. The
event at the weekend was based around Llandeilo, and we met up with Vernon's
daughter Michelle (she works in Cardiff). Not this weekend, but the
following it's up to Doncaster (ish) and after that it's Devon... When he's
doing an event, I mentally cycle every pedal stroke round the course - I
cycle to the start & watch him off, then I pootle over to the finish & wait
for him to cross the finish line and in the waiting period, I fret.... and
worry... and hope he doesn't puncture, etc., etc.. In Wales there are hills
and I don't do hills, but I did a few of the inclines in Welsh valleys at
the weekend :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Yay Nathan!

Thanks. He's been working hard at his training and being a good little
cyclist trying to put into practice what his coach tells him.

Cheers, helen s

Old April 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
Go Nathan!

Go he went :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 10th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, wafflycat penned:

Nathan won the time trial :-)

Congrats!

Thank you, I shall pass the good wishes along.

I got back on my bike this weekend. First time this year. Two
thoughts:

1) Owwwww, my sitbones hurt!

Need to get buns of steel again ;-)

2) Oh, how the mighty have fallen. (Okay, I was never mighty, but I
was stronger than this!)

I *know* that feeling!

Cheers, helen s

Old April 10th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, wafflycat penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

1) Owwwww, my sitbones hurt!

Need to get buns of steel again ;-)

It wasn't so bad going on a little test ride Saturday. The trouble
was when I got on my bike *again* on Sunday! I tried "riding" without
touching the seat for a while, but eventually the pain in my thighs
from holding that position outvoted the pain in my tush from sitting.
Always does.

Today I feel kind of like someone kicked me repeatedly on my tender
parts! (Fortunately not *those* tender parts -- yay for cut-out
saddles.)

2) Oh, how the mighty have fallen. (Okay, I was never mighty, but
I was stronger than this!)

I *know* that feeling!

Every season. (Probably because I am a definite fair-weather rider,
and tend to show off my sloth ancestry during the winter.)

A guy riding by me (granted, it was my second lap of the trail) while
I was stopped, wheezing, offered up, "This sure is a long climb!"
Really, of course, it isn't. I offered up, "It wasn't a long climb
last year!"

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully