Traitor!

Old April 11th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Traitor!

That's what I like to see. A non-smoking establishment. :-)

One of those nearly got me killed a few years ago!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 11th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote
On the A386 northwest of Tavistock at a point 15 yards beyond the
Dartmoor National Park snip

Anywhere near your neck of the woods then? How hilly is it?? Will I
have to stand behind Nathan & give him a good thrashing to get up the
hill??

Yes indeedy, it's all within a few miles of me, I'm just across the
Tamar Valley in Kernow,
from the hill above my house I can see most of Dartmoor.

As to how hilly, I can't vouch for the actual course itself but the word
"Dartmoor" says it all.
Think Lake & Peak Districts and you'll get the idea - so bring your best
cane for Nathan

Keep in touch on the timing etc. and if I can I'll safari over the
border to your marshalling
area (or whatever) to say hello - I appreciate you'll be really busy.

You can email me privately by removing a zero from the addy in my
header.

Purrs
Gordon & the TT

Old April 11th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
That's what I like to see. A non-smoking establishment. :-)

One of those nearly got me killed a few years ago!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Aren't you going to elaborate? You've got me curious now.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 11th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Exocat" wrote in message

Yes indeedy, it's all within a few miles of me, I'm just across the Tamar
Valley in Kernow,
from the hill above my house I can see most of Dartmoor.

As to how hilly, I can't vouch for the actual course itself but the word
"Dartmoor" says it all.
Think Lake & Peak Districts and you'll get the idea - so bring your best
cane for Nathan

Keep in touch on the timing etc. and if I can I'll safari over the border
to your marshalling
area (or whatever) to say hello - I appreciate you'll be really busy.

You can email me privately by removing a zero from the addy in my header.

Purrs
Gordon & the TT

That would be good - I'll keep this in mind. Vernon's booked a B&B somewhere
near and what we aim to do is go down the day before and get Nathan to cycle
the course *slowly* as this gives him a chance to get to know the topography
of the course, hazards etc. without wearing out his legs for the next day.
The actual event is first off at 0900hrs on the Sunday morning. Juniors are
usually off early in the scheme of things and Nathan 'doesn't do' mornings,
so that should be 'interesting'... In the world of time trials, Saturday
starts are afternoon ones and Sunday starts are always morning ones... often
very, very early ones. We'll not be marshalling formally, but we (Vernon &
I) keep an eye on proceedings... in my case this involves mentally pedalling
every inch of a course and looking at my watch with a frequency that might
indicate a certain obsessiveness ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 11th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, wafflycat penned:

Nathan in full-flow on his bike at the Rudy Project round 2

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...2Llandeilo.jpg

He looks like he's doing a Quasimodo impersonation as he's got a
Camelbak on under his skinsuit so he can keep hydrated round the
course

Cheers, helen s

My sunglasses are Rudy Projects! That means we're practically
related, right?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 11th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, Chakolate penned:

It's so funny - if I pet animals from far away, they don't seem to
care. But if I pet a neighborhood animal, they can't get enough
sniffing.

Well, they probably get whiffs of the neighborhood animals all the
time, so it's somewhat familiar.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 11th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, wafflycat penned:

Nathan in full-flow on his bike at the Rudy Project round 2

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...2Llandeilo.jpg

He looks like he's doing a Quasimodo impersonation as he's got a
Camelbak on under his skinsuit so he can keep hydrated round the
course

Cheers, helen s

My sunglasses are Rudy Projects! That means we're practically
related, right?

Oh yes, especially iof you also have a pair of Oakley Zeroes.

Nathan has Oakley Zeroes for his TTs and he'll be wearing the RP Rydons he
won at the weekend (amongst the other stuff he won) for 'normal' cycling.

Thanks to cost of offspring's *serious* kit, his poor mother is reduced to
having the cheap stuff :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 11th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, wafflycat penned:

Oh yes, especially iof you also have a pair of Oakley Zeroes.

I just have the RPs. I have a fairly small face and haven't been able
to find any Oakleys that fit. (They may exist, but they're not in
stock at the shops I've visited, and I'm not about to buy a pair
without trying them on.)

Nathan has Oakley Zeroes for his TTs and he'll be wearing the RP
Rydons he won at the weekend (amongst the other stuff he won) for
'normal' cycling.

Thanks to cost of offspring's *serious* kit, his poor mother is
reduced to having the cheap stuff :-)

Awwww.

It'll all be worth it when he's at the front of the pack in the TdF.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, wafflycat penned:

Nathan in full-flow on his bike at the Rudy Project round 2

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...2Llandeilo.jpg

He looks like he's doing a Quasimodo impersonation as he's got a
Camelbak on under his skinsuit so he can keep hydrated round the
course

Cheers, helen s

My sunglasses are Rudy Projects! That means we're practically
related, right?

Oh yes, especially iof you also have a pair of Oakley Zeroes.

Nathan has Oakley Zeroes for his TTs and he'll be wearing the RP
Rydons he
won at the weekend (amongst the other stuff he won) for 'normal'
cycling.

Thanks to cost of offspring's *serious* kit, his poor mother is
reduced to
having the cheap stuff :-)

Cheers, helen s

Obviously parents are bottom of the food chain, after cats and kids. ;o)

Old April 11th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
news

Obviously parents are bottom of the food chain, after cats and kids. ;o)

About right!

Cheers, helen s