OT info about flash memory

Old April 11th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT info about flash memory

I can't find my size guide I got a 1gb compact flash how many pictures
can it store and the size of the pictures. My camera counter only goes to
1999
Sorry old age moment. Thanks in advance

Old April 11th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

never mind I found a chart thanks anyways
http://www.compusa.com/products/megapixel_chart.asp

Old April 11th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

I can't find my size guide I got a 1gb compact flash how many pictures
can it store and the size of the pictures. My camera counter only goes to
1999
Sorry old age moment. Thanks in advance

Well a 1 gig holds over a billion bytes of memory, does that help? How
big are your pictures? My computer teacher told us that a 1 gig can
hold the contents of an ordinary hard drive and then some. I'd say
that's a lot of pictures;

Pam S. still learning a lot more than she ever dreamed in beginning
puters class
Old April 11th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tanada" wrote in message
.net...
Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

I can't find my size guide I got a 1gb compact flash how many
pictures can it store and the size of the pictures. My camera counter
only goes to 1999
Sorry old age moment. Thanks in advance

Well a 1 gig holds over a billion bytes of memory, does that help? How
big are your pictures? My computer teacher told us that a 1 gig can hold
the contents of an ordinary hard drive and then some. I'd say that's a
lot of pictures;

Pam S. still learning a lot more than she ever dreamed in beginning puters
class

One problem with what your teacher told you is that hard drives come in a
wide variety of sizes, and I would consider 1 gif as "very small" by today's
standards (but it would have been "huge" only a few years ago). My desktop
computer has a 120GB hard drive and a secondary hard drive of 80GB. Even my
laptop has a 40GB hard drive, and my external hard drive that I use for
backups is still larger. Admittedly, I go overboard with computer stuff,
but that statement struck me as too "generic" considering all the variations
that are in use today.

MaryL

Old April 11th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, MaryL penned:

"Tanada" wrote in message
.net...

[...]

I agree. I have friends very into movies who have terabytes.

But for a camera whose pictures will be checked fairly frequently (ie,
not going on an african safari and expecting to keep all pics on the
camera for the trpi), 1G seems plenty sufficient.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 11th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, MaryL penned:

"Tanada" wrote in message
.net...

[...]

I found the chart for my camera but the counter only goes to 1999 according
to the chart something like 7000 pictures

My business server has over 3 tb I am currently waiting to upgrade I only
have a tape back up that is slow the dvd burners are currently not high
enough to record mass volume. There is products that should be released
soon instead on dual layer being only 9 gb it will soon be 40g plus

Old April 11th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL wrote:

One problem with what your teacher told you is that hard drives come in a
wide variety of sizes, and I would consider 1 gif as "very small" by today's
standards (but it would have been "huge" only a few years ago). My desktop
computer has a 120GB hard drive and a secondary hard drive of 80GB. Even my
laptop has a 40GB hard drive, and my external hard drive that I use for
backups is still larger. Admittedly, I go overboard with computer stuff,
but that statement struck me as too "generic" considering all the variations
that are in use today.

Sorry, you're right. I just looked at the specifications for my desktop
and it has 160 gig hard drive. I have so much to learn.

Pam S.
Old April 11th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:42:55 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR"

. ..
On 2006-04-11, MaryL penned:

"Tanada" wrote in message
.net...

[...]

Matt, did you check your camera's website to see if it has a firmware
update - it may correct that problem.

Patti
Old April 12th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yeah I did it is an old digital camera on a 3.2 that I picked up on a black
friday sale about 33 years ago. I need to upgrade I am waiting for the new
technology to get released. By this christmas I am going to upgrade they
are up to a 8mp with 12x zoom that can make a picture that can be blow up
to 13 * 19 and be excellent quality. I went to a recent photo trade show
they had here in florida and also a recent technology show. So much stuff
is going to hit the market so it is going to flip ours out the door WOW is
all I can say I put a order in for several things and got put on a waiting
list for a few others. One way the sanyo instant rechargeable battery you
know how regular rechargeable batteries loose there charge after a year of
storage these don't less than 15% and last longer and take less time to
recharge. I put my name on the waiting list for two thins one Canon is
testing a hydrogen fuel cell to power electronics two is Fujitsu is
testing a flexible LCD screen best example would be from mission to mars
with val kilmer in it these are supposed to hit the market by the end of
this year or late next year

All I could think about was I WANT ONE OF EVERYTHING

There is a current hurricane management show in town that I visited to day.
Red Cross finally admitted that they were unprepared and some new rescue
technology was being shown there. I bought a few things to upgrade my stash
including the new NOAA radio that is digital and can plug into your compuer