My Cat Got A Glue Trap Stuck To Him

Old January 26th 04, 08:23 PM
m. L. Briggs

Default My Cat Got A Glue Trap Stuck To Him

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:47:57 -0500, "Christina"
wrote:

It's kinda funny now, but at the time it happened (around 2 am!) it was not.
My husband and I have been trying to capture a mouse that's been in our
panty. We set a glue trap, a small one, right near the hole the mouse had
made. Well....we always have to make sure that the panty door is completely
closed otherwise the cats like to go in there and find their bag of food and
have a feast during the night. Well, apparently someone did not close the
door all of the way and Scooby decided to check out what was in there.We
heard a big commotion up front around 2 am, and we found our cat Scooby with
the glue trap stuck to his butt and left hind leg! He was freaked out
because he couldn't get it off!

So my husband and I tried to pull it off, which made him meow like crazy and
woke all the kids up, so we had to literally hold him down and yank it off.
Then we put him in the bathtub and my husband tried to scrub the glue off
him with shampoo, but it would not come off (and there was a lot of glue
stuck on him!!)

We ended up having to shave a HUGE area to get all of the glue off him and
now we call him bald butt. I'm going to take a picture of him and share it.
He's fine now, happy as can be, but our cats get into EVERYTHING!!!! Anyone
else have a story like this to share? I guess I need to "kittyproof" the
house better.

Christina

And mouseproof it too. Is the kitty food in a plastic or metal can?
Purrs for the barebutt kitty.
Old January 26th 04, 11:01 PM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

Just a thought: Did you try using cooking oil to dissolve the
adhesive?

Old January 26th 04, 11:03 PM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

I think I posted this thought incorrectly ---did you try using
cooking oil to dissolve the glue? It might work.

Old January 26th 04, 11:42 PM

Glue traps are extremely cruel and I would never consider using one to
catch mice. I think this was a sign from the universe for you to find
other means of dealing with the mice.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old January 26th 04, 11:52 PM
-L.

"Christina" wrote in message ...
It's actually just in the pantry in the bag. It wouldn't matter if it was in
a container or not because they get into everything every chance they get.
My curtains.....mini blinds..you name it, they destroyed it!!!

Christina

Those glue traps are *extremely* cruel. Do yourself, your cat and the
mice a favor and either get the kind of traps that kill instantly, or
get Have-A-Heart traps and release the mice elsewhere.

-l.

Old January 27th 04, 02:19 AM
Sherry

Those glue traps are *extremely* cruel. Do yourself, your cat and the
mice a favor and either get the kind of traps that kill instantly, or
get Have-A-Heart traps and release the mice elsewhere.

-l.

Amen to that one. I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. I
hate those traps. The mouse starves to death in terror if no one kills it. I
hate the other traps too, but at least getting whammed on the head by a
spring-driven bar has got to be a quicker death than those damn glue traps.

Sherry