Last call for recipes!

Old January 26th 05, 08:54 AM
Debbie Wilson

Default Last call for recipes!

Hi folks,

Many many thanks to everyone who has sent recipes for the Catslaves
Cookbook so far - we have LOADS! (also gleaned from Google)

If anyone still has something they were thinking of sending, can you let
me have it within the next week, as I will make a start after then.

Haven't had many pictures though.... if there's anything you want to
send - cats, people, places - just email it to me or tell me where it
can be downloaded.

TIA,

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old January 26th 05, 09:54 PM
Denise Clere

here's my contribution Shrimp Creole

3,4, or 5 lb. raw shrimp, peeled
1/2 stick butter
2 large onions, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
3-4 medium stalks celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 large can tomatoes, chopped
1 C. beer
2 T. parsley
1/4 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 T. sugar
1/2 T. Worcestershire sauce

Melt butter in large pot. Add onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic.
Steam under low heat until vegetables are cooked. Add spices, beer, and
tomatoes. Heat until it bubbles. Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are
done, 20-25 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

Old January 26th 05, 10:50 PM
Victor Martinez

Denise Clere wrote:
here's my contribution Shrimp Creole

Hmmmm.... shrimp creole.... hmmmmm

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 05, 11:12 PM
Helen Miles

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message

Hi folks,

Many many thanks to everyone who has sent recipes for the Catslaves
Cookbook so far - we have LOADS! (also gleaned from Google)

Sardines on Toast.

1 can of sardines in tomato sauce.
2 pieces of toast.
Some butter.

Lightly butter the toast.
Open can of sardines and split evenly.
Put sardines on toast.
Add pepper and salt to taste.

Helen M

Old January 26th 05, 11:14 PM
Helen Miles

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:34116fa492c4ee5a9b4fb92e0f99ace8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message

Hi folks,

Many many thanks to everyone who has sent recipes for the Catslaves
Cookbook so far - we have LOADS! (also gleaned from Google)

Sorry, that should be ammended....

Sardines on Toast.

1 can of sardines in tomato sauce.
2 pieces of toast.
Some butter.

Lightly butter the toast.

Remove cat from licking toast.

Open can of sardines and split evenly.

Remove cat from tin of sardines.

Put sardines on toast.

Remove cat from sardines on toast.

Add pepper and salt to taste.

Remove cat and eat remaining sardines.

Helen M

Old January 27th 05, 05:36 AM
Tanada

Helen Miles wrote:

Sardines on Toast.

1 can of sardines in tomato sauce.
2 pieces of toast.
Some butter.

Lightly butter the toast.
Open can of sardines and split evenly.
Put sardines on toast.
Add pepper and salt to taste.

Helen M

My version:

Same ingredients as above

Give sardines to the cats
Butter and eat the toast.

Pam S. gagging on the idea of sardines and trying & failing to be funny

Old January 27th 05, 07:34 AM
Jo Firey

"Tanada" wrote in message
et...
Helen Miles wrote:

Sardines on Toast.

1 can of sardines in tomato sauce.
2 pieces of toast.
Some butter.

Lightly butter the toast.
Open can of sardines and split evenly.
Put sardines on toast.
Add pepper and salt to taste.

Helen M

My version:

Same ingredients as above

Give sardines to the cats
Butter and eat the toast.

Pam S. gagging on the idea of sardines and trying & failing to be funny

You either love them or you hate them. I just love them. I prefer then
with saltine crackers and a really strong cheddar cheese.

Jo

Old January 27th 05, 08:13 AM
Tanada

Jo Firey wrote:
"Tanada" wrote in message
et...

Helen Miles wrote:

Sardines on Toast.

1 can of sardines in tomato sauce.
2 pieces of toast.
Some butter.

Lightly butter the toast.
Open can of sardines and split evenly.
Put sardines on toast.
Add pepper and salt to taste.

Helen M

My version:

Same ingredients as above

Give sardines to the cats
Butter and eat the toast.

Pam S. gagging on the idea of sardines and trying & failing to be funny

You either love them or you hate them. I just love them. I prefer then
with saltine crackers and a really strong cheddar cheese.

Jo

EUUUUWWWWCK

Pam S.
Old January 27th 05, 09:52 AM
Helen Miles

"Tanada" wrote in message
et
My version:

Same ingredients as above

Give sardines to the cats
Butter and eat the toast.

Pam S. gagging on the idea of sardines and trying & failing to be funny

Like Marmite, they are an aquired taste, and both taste good to cats.
)

HRFL Tiger respectfully asks Captain Pine Cone whether he would like
some more English tea-bags for the human and a jar of marmite for
himself.

Helen M

Old January 27th 05, 10:11 AM
Debbie Wilson

Helen Miles wrote:

Sardines on Toast.

:-PpPpPpP and pPp again!

I KNOW you can cook real food, woman! I've eaten it!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com