Sharing Recipes

Old October 19th 04, 06:15 AM
Sherry

Default Sharing Recipes

On Mon 18 Oct 2004 09:00:50a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

"Bobcat" wrote in message
. ..

I've heard privately from someone else in this newsgroup
(rec.pets.cats.anecdotes) and have apologized to them for
crossposting. Further, I think a group apology is required, so
this is it. Sorry. My only reason is that I have an aversion to
persons - especially trolls - who attempt to disconcert readers
of cat newsgroups for their own warped pleasure, and was
expressing my aversion of them to those readers.
Bobcat

We always welcome a chance to share recipes! ; (Other groups
trimmed from this message - YAY I remembered this time!!!)

Hugs,

CatNipped

I see you took the opportunity to snipe on my sarcasm about
recipes. My intent wasn't to put down trollbques. Not in the
least. I like em, and have read some recipes I'd never see
elsewhere, and laughed at what probably confused the troll being
torched. My point was that some of you enjoy a good flamefest as
much as the groups you profess to dislike and it was even more
evident when a reg crossposted a flame. I admire Bobcat for the
apology and IMO it should have been left at that but you just
can't resist posting a subtle jab at my expense. I think honesty
is refreshing, in this group in particular. [the rest is not for
you Catnipped] Some of you may have noticed I don't post anymore,
most of you are probably glad or don't care one way or the other.
I've been reading, we've been sending silent purrs for those in
need, and smiled over the happy news, but I've also seen attitude
that I've never witnessed in this group before. Maybe because I've
only posted for 2 years, and maybe there was more of this before,
but the side-stepping flaming surprises me. Maybe my own attitude
has changed, but I dare any of you to imagine having a
life-changing tragedy that doesn't bring you out of it on the
other side the same person you were before. I've always liked this
group. I'm sad to have to leave it, but most of you don't treat me
the same anymore, or even seem to care about me. I never thought
I'd think that about you. Thank you for the past, and the cards,
and being with me when I needed you then.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl! You will be missed. I understand perfectly what you're saying. This
group has either changed, or my perception has changed, and I"m not sure which.
I still read and post occasionally, and I suspect the change is part of the
normal ebb and flow for any group. Some of the core members are the same sweet
bunch that were here when I first started posting 3 years ago. But for the past
few months it's very easy to start feeling like you're perennially on the
outside looking in. I try not to take snipes personally, whether just perceived
or real, on this group, and on the other groups I simply don't care.
Take care.

Sherry

Old October 19th 04, 11:32 AM

Sherry wrote:

Cheryl! You will be missed. I understand perfectly what you're saying.
This group has either changed, or my perception has changed, and I"m
not sure which... I try not to take snipes personally, whether just
perceived or real, on this group, and on the other groups I simply
don't care.

I know I must have missed something, because I didn't see any sniping
going on. I did see Catnipped's post, but it seemed ordinary and innocuous
to me. But maybe there's more than meets the eye. My eye, anyway...

Joyce

Old October 19th 04, 01:24 PM
Victor Martinez

Sherry wrote:
I still read and post occasionally, and I suspect the change is part of the
normal ebb and flow for any group. Some of the core members are the same sweet
bunch that were here when I first started posting 3 years ago. But for the past

Groups change over time. I miss many of the old-timers, like Aim, Hazel,
TJ, and many others. However, there are so many new and wonderful people
to get to know. I know it's very hard for some people to accept or
embrace change, but it is a part of life. I for one enjoy meeting new
people and making new friends. I love learning about new kitties and
reading about old friends.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he