Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Old March 7th 10, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
mosey =^..^=

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Kelly Greene"

"Stormmee"

i meant this or that treatment works... to spew that sort of thing does
not allo9w for differences in cats or issues at all and i find cultish at
best and stupid at worst, Lee

Then take a break from these NGs and learn about cat nutrition.

Here's some good links to start you off:

shredded wif sharp clawz
Umkkkkkkkey..Mrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Kelly Greene , diz iz gnot da rite groop tew dixzcuz diz matur at awl n yoo
dunt git tew tawk tew Auntie Lee wike dat..nope
I taked owt da crosspoastz tew, so dere!!
Bad mrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Mosey

Old March 8th 10, 01:26 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Stormmee" wrote

i meant this or that treatment works... to spew that sort of thing does not
allo9w for differences in cats or issues at all and i find cultish at best
and stupid at worst, Lee

Hi Lee, fancy meeting you here!

You are right. There is no 'one size fits all' diet although there are
plenty who think there is and will occasionally be impolite about it.

Old March 8th 10, 07:19 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i agree about not using the old pills but i DO NOT agree on the wet only
option, if you can switch him and that is what your vet reccommends fine,
but my tiger was so bad we thought we would lose him, he has now been
crystal/infection free for over five years on a diet of dry c/d and is
healtheir than ever. Lee

There are people who smoke heavily all their lives like my mother who died
at 90, and never get lung cancer.

You too, huh? - My mom started smoking at 15 and quit when she was 90
because "they are too expensive". She went on to live to 97. So she smoked
for 75 years! When I tell doctors that, it blows them away!

Old March 8th 10, 07:32 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i agree about not using the old pills but i DO NOT agree on the wet
only option, if you can switch him and that is what your vet
reccommends fine, but my tiger was so bad we thought we would lose
him, he has now been crystal/infection free for over five years on a
diet of dry c/d and is healtheir than ever. Lee

There are people who smoke heavily all their lives like my mother who
died at 90, and never get lung cancer.

You too, huh? - My mom started smoking at 15 and quit when she was 90
because "they are too expensive". She went on to live to 97. So she
smoked for 75 years! When I tell doctors that, it blows them away!

If it blew them away, they were not very good doctors.
Individual variation and resilience plays a very big role in human and
cat health. Risk factors are important only for the mediocre,
susceptible part of the population, that would have gotten the disease
easily anyway. Fit, healthy, genetically advanced individuals (cats that
we would like to have, humans that we should strive to mate with) do not
care about risk factors. And if they succumb to them - well, they were
not that superior to begin with, and their loss is indicative, if painful.
Old March 8th 10, 08:11 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

I had a brother in law who died of lung cancer, and he never smoked anything
in his entire life. I also know that the national cancer institute
attributes every lung cancer death in the entire world to either their
smoking, or to their ingestion of second hand smoke....IOW, they don't
believe it's possible for anyone who dies of lung cancer to have contracted
the disease any other way besides tobacco smoke. So I take these, "TV"
statistics with a large grain of salt......

Old March 8th 10, 09:03 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

now you are the only person on NGs that can google, please take a break from
admiring yourself and give others credit for taking proper care of their
animals... i don't see a DMV behind your name, I would NEVER presume to tell
another how to care for their cat, i can only tell someone else what worked
for mine, and i didn't post this on a group i normally don't read, i am
responding to post that are in groups that i do normally read, Lee

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i meant this or that treatment works... to spew that sort of thing does
not allo9w for differences in cats or issues at all and i find cultish at
best and stupid at worst, Lee

Then take a break from these NGs and learn about cat nutrition.

Here's some good links to start you off:
Feline nutrition information: http://www.catinfo.org/
History of dry food (a must-read article):
http://www.catnutrition.org/diabetes.php
http://www.yourdiabeticcat.com/
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/canned_food.htm
http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm
http://www.catinfo.org/ by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM
http://www.catinfo.org/zorans_article.pdf
http://www.felinefuture.com/?p=630 (dry foods)
www.rawfedcats.org
http://www.catinfo.org/#Cats_Need_Animal-Based_Protein_
http://www.catinfo.org/#We_Are_Feedi..._Carbohydrates

Old March 8th 10, 10:34 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

well none of this would have ever come to my attention had it not been
posted to rpcc which is the group i actuall read.

It is just beyond my ability to comprehend that someone fancies thenselves
such an expert without having the proper training, and each animal is as
different as each human being. my first dog guide would eat nothing but
that cheap nasty bow wow dog food, so after consulting with the vet we gave
him vitamins and meat to supplement and he was nutritionally sound. my
second dog couldn't tolerate many foods had a dogey stomach and could have
nothing in the way of "people" food or she hurked it up. but both dogs were
given the best treatment and it was idivudalised for that specific dog. the
best thing about the groups is reading what did and did not work for each
personal story/animal, it gives perspective on what the animal in question
should have for its best care.

"Stormmee" wrote

Old March 8th 10, 10:41 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

which is my point exactly. while there are patterns and contributing
factors nothing when it comes to health is set in stone. tiger never had a
hint of crystals until a month or so after we started the cats on wellness.
every other cat in the house did fabulously on it, he did not, the other
cats got shinier coats, more energy and bla bla bla, but tiger did NOT
flourish... now i am not saying the wellness caused his issues because i am
not sure about that but now that they are all on c/d they are all fine...
and as an aside, in june of that same year Miss Violette was given a clean
bill of health by the vet just after that i switched them to wellness... by
november she was dead from kidney cancer. fast acting and very sad but
again i can't blame the food, Lee
"Bill Graham" wrote in message
news

Old March 8th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_6_]

Fank yew vury mutch anti Soft..Iiiiiii jest luffs yerownself.
Iiiiii wunna gnow hoo deez sew kalled weerd hoominz r n wyyyyy dey r in OWR
groop..uh kitty groop? I reeefuze tew croxpoast tew demself, sew I wil jest
deleet da entyre anxser..
I kan doo dat..dey r maykn me hissed off, fur shur.
Luffs tew yoo n I hisses at dem.
Mosey