brain fart or how keep kitten from biting

Old September 10th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default brain fart or how keep kitten from biting

NettieCat wrote:

On Sep 6, 1:03*am, (Michael Lane) wrote:

go to welding supply house, get set leather welding *sleeves, pull on
over arms cannot bite thru only 10.00
can take seam out use on legs, i have a TERROR , hopefully he be out
this soon, spank him but he likes it .

Misread this initially as wedding supply house and wondered who the
hell gets married in leather wedding sleeves.

LOL! I guarantee you there are people who would do just that. ;-

But I still can't quite follow what the OP is saying, although I get
the gist of it, which is probably good enough.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old September 11th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 10, 5:33*pm, wrote:
NettieCat wrote:

* On Sep 6, 1:03*am, (Michael Lane) wrote:

* go to welding supply house, get set leather welding *sleeves, pull on
* over arms cannot bite thru only 10.00
* can take seam out use on legs, i have a TERROR , hopefully he be out
* this soon, spank him but he likes it .

* Misread this initially as wedding supply house and wondered who the
* hell gets married in leather wedding sleeves.

LOL! I guarantee you there are people who would do just that. ;-

But I still can't quite follow what the OP is saying, although I get
the gist of it, which is probably good enough.

Joyce

The OP might have been referring to a scared kitty he posted about
finding a while back. I kind of assumed he's turned into a real
hoolikitten (thus taking the seams out of the gloves to use on
legs--OP is an amputee). Welding gloves are great to use when you're
handling a scared cat, or also a hoolikitten I suppose. I'm not sure
either, but OP has obviously vacated the discussion.

Sherry
Old September 11th 11, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Logicality

On 11/09/2011 7:26 AM, Patok wrote:
Yowie wrote:
On 8/09/2011 11:39 PM, Patok wrote:
Yowie wrote:

Mostly, I work with our supplier's paint as supplied, as I tend to
look more at the production and post production side, but I have also
made my own industrial primers and topcoats. I could bore you to death
with it, but the one thing that really irks is that culturally,
Australia likes to use the muted 'natural' colours on their roofs,
which I take no joy in looking at or playing with from a visual
perspective, but Asia likes their colours bright, crisp and clean
(high chroma) and I always enjoy working with the paints for Asia
because despite being pretty much exactly the same chemical make up
bar the colour, looking at the bright and happy colours always cheers
me up.

Simply amazing! Thanks, Yowie, that's very interesting. Never in a
million years could I imagine seeing roofs made of steel. How does the
temperature management work, though? Unless there's *really* good
insulation, such roofs ought to be a nightmare - hot in summer and cold
in winter.

AFAIK, they're no hotter (and thats the issue in Australia, 'cold' is
not an issue) than any other roof of the same colour. But they have
low thermal mass, and therefore cool down very quickly once the sun is
off them. And thats a far more desirable trait here in Australia than
a say a tar or slate roof that will take a while to heat up in the
morning but will stay hot well into the night.

Hah. Indeed. When it gets chilly in the evening, it is good to have a
warm roof overhead. Not so in Aus, apparently. I guess another objection
would be the roofs rusting, but you probably make them from stainless
steel and/or prep them appropriately.

We make them out of steel coated with a zinc/auliminium alloy and use
some pretty sophisticated anti-corrosives in there, too.

We guarantee steel roofs for 25 years (terms and conditions etc etc)

And one of my R&D projects, believe it or not, is to reduce the the
amount of heat a hot roof radiates whilst still keeping the colour the
same.

Interesting. Do the different paints have different IR characteristics?
Do you have control over that? Or, would it work to make the roof
reflective?

Yup, different paints and different pigments have quite varied IR
characteristics. Whilst chemical natures are unchangeable, there's some
room for tweaking - for example, there are different ways of making
'green' and some will reflect more IR than others.

There are other ways of stopping heat radiating into the building,
insulating being one of them, but thats starting to get into
intellectual property territory, so I can't say much more.

Yowie

Old September 11th 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina wrote in
message

wrote in message
ng.com...

Lori , Right back at you. You still lying back stabbing drama queen
desperate for attention from anyone that believes your bull****. Whine
some more on life than will you than post about oh I am so sorry for
doing it. You tried to chase me away years ago aint going to happen
ever. A few in the group left due to your Drama bull**** over the past
years. You Tried to ignore me. I have done nothing to you since I
caught
you red handed in those lies you told the group.

I kept my mouth shut to keep peace in the group but your the biggest
drama queen there is.

In my kill file you go. Your still a joke to me. Go **** yourself if
you think I am abusing my cats you bitch.

Karma is a bitch think on that what goes around comes around

You can disagree with Lori all you want but it is not appropriate to
call
her names. You've lost the argument the moment you start insulting
your
opponent in a personal way.
I am not sure how insulting it is in the USA to be called a bitch but
it
certainly is here.
You demean yourself as a man to say it.
Tweed

Tweed

When you accuse me of something personal as abusing my cats which in my
mind is a horrid as abusing a child YES SHE BECOMES THAT and more. It
demeans me oh well when you accuse some one of a false statement your
are lower than dung in my book

It is just not acceptable to call someone bad names. It is possible to
get
annoyed and disagree without descending to that.
I sometimes disagree with people on the group but if I ever call someone
disgusting name (as you did) you all have my permission to killfile me.
Tweed

Tina, thank you for defending me, but please don't push him any further or
he will turn on you with vague threats and verbal abuse - as he does

Unlikely. Unless he decides he does not like me.
If you do not get along just killfile each other, it's so easy to do.

Old September 11th 11, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina wrote in
message

wrote in message
[...]

I have no reason to do that Christina. I wish she would listen and have
listened before about kill filing think the group been asking her for years
to use it and she wont. Except for the trolls she is the only person in
mine

Lori you really need to get over this spreading delusional drama it is
getting very old fast.

Lori I have never threatened you even in the vaguest sense that is a
delusion on your part.

If you think I did or If you think I abuse my cats or ever had. Please get
some serious help. It has never happened or ever will. I take care and have
done more for my family than you could ever dream of doing. You got some
serious problems if you think I have ever hurt one of my furballs or ever
would. Your illness is not an excuse to act like you have been. IF those
drugs your taking for it are causing these delusions or mental breakdowns.
Call someone for some help there is plenty of free help out there. You can
hate me all you want your right. I could care less your are nothing to me
in my life but the moment you spread LIES about me or my family. I will not
stand by and allow it to happen.

Sorry to piggy back on your thread Christina.

Old September 11th 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spock-n-Persephone

On Sep 11, 12:30*pm, Yowie wrote:

Yup, different paints and different pigments have quite varied IR
characteristics. Whilst chemical natures are unchangeable, there's some
room for tweaking - for example, there are different ways of making
'green' and some will reflect more IR than others.

There are other ways of stopping heat radiating into the building,
insulating being one of them, but thats starting to get into
intellectual property territory, so I can't say much more.

Yowie

I grew up under a tin roof and with adequate ceiling insulation there
were no problems with overheating in summer (where it inevitably got
up to 40C for a period) or freezing in winter (although it rarely
dropped below 0C). I now live under a ceramic tile roof (in common
with 90% of Sydney houses) and it is very much equivalent to a
corrugated iron roof, but without the lovely sound when it rains (I
miss that sound!).

Tish
Old September 12th 11, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Spock-n-Persephone typed:
On Sep 11, 12:30 pm, Yowie wrote:

[...]

Ditto, ditto and ditto. The sound of rain a tin roof is perhaps the most
relaxing and comforting sound ever invented (although sometimes it was
almost deafening), and I sure do miss it living under tiles. If I ever get
the $$$ to replace our roof, it will be with Colorbond steel, just so I can
hear that sound again.

Yowie

Old September 12th 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Spock-n-Persephone typed:
On Sep 11, 12:30 pm, Yowie wrote:

[...]

I agree with you about rain on a tin roof. I have always loved the sound of
rain, especially when I'm snuggled warm in bed. However, I'd never heard it
on a tin roof until my last visit to Oz, when I spent a few days with a
friend who has a tin roof. That was definitely better than what I'm used to
hearing.

Joy

Old September 14th 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shylock

.. . . some kitties are raucous from the way their mother or other kitties in the house treated them.

One of my kittens is from the mother of the most raucous kitty ever, and she constantly beats up on her kitty baby. Bibby loves her mother so tries to love the rough bite, kick and gouge "play", and thus attempts to pass it along to others who are sane.

Now Bibby is biting, scratching, kicking me too, like iam just one of the guys . . . because itis fun . . . I immediately stop moving my hand; get the advantage, and begin to woe her: speaking softly and smoothing her gently .. . . sheis catching on . . . iam bleeding . . . just a little . . . she is too small to make big scratches.

She is realizing, young and kittenish as she is, there is a difference in types of interaction between bodies, fuzzy or otherwise.

Now hereis something youare probably not going to believe . . .i hardly can.. When Bibby was much younger, and sick with a cold, her momma was beating her up like a toy; kicking, biting, holding, rolling and tumbling Bibby over, under and otherwise; Bibby was screaming with tiny kitten screams of fun/anger, and as i was taking my time in getting ready to get Bibby away from Groucho, the tiny screams pitched much higher, and clear as a bell, said, "you are killing me". It stopped me in my tracks and scared me. I knew Bibby was sick and momma, Groucho, shouldnot have been playing with her, but i didnot realize Groucho was THAT rough and that Bibby was THAT sick. I cannot believe such a thing happened, but it did, and iam still not over it . . ..

Hopefully shewill grow up being a demure beauty, and not like her mother, Groucho (named after Groucho Marx, because she looks like him).

Mean Little Kitty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3A...1&feature=fvwp
Old September 14th 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shylock

.. . . go sic 'em . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taqLE...eature=related