Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 1st 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost!

Don't forget the kids in your neighborhood. With the promise of a few
dollars they will scour the neighborhood for you - especially now that
they're out of school and have nothing to do but play all day. *And*
they're small enough to get into place an adult couldn't, and are more
persistant than an adult would be. A cat search could be a really fun game
to play especially if they can look forward to a small reward to spend on
ice cream or candy!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

wrote in message
Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never been
out of
the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking the
streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is scared
of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put leaflets
thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping the "power
of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Purrs coming from my gang (including my Smudge cat, who once got lost
herself), for your Smudgie to get herself home ASAP!

In the leaflets you passed out to neighbors, did you ask them to check
garages, sheds, basements, etc? My Smudge was missing for a week, and the
whole time, she was almost next door, trapped in a garage.

I also agree with those who said to call shelters and vets' offices.
I'd also suggest that you ask to put up leaflets in the vets' offices
and pet stores.

GYFBH NOW!

Joyce

--
Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"

Thank you all for the good suggestions. I have put my garden bin on the
path behind my fence so Smudgie can get back onto it. I'm hoping she will
know once she is on the fence she has the right one! I have put a bowl of
food and water behind the bin in case and one of my socks so she will know
she is near home. I have also put a sock on my front doorstep in case she
happens to find it. I included a pic and a brief description on leaflets
saying that she is scared of strangers so would people please check their
garden shrubs and outbuildings. I've had 3 phone calls so far of possible
sightings but have not been able to locate her. Smudgie has been
microchipped and wears a bright pink collar with my address on it. I
volunteer at the local cat shelter at weekends so they have informed other
shelters of her details for me. I have rang all the local vets and got
her in their "Lost" books in case anyone takes her there. I have also
rang the company that I got her microchipped through to go on their Lost
list. I have also put her pic and details onto all the internet lost cat
websites and my local classifieds website. I put leaflets through all the
homes in my immediate vicinity and on lamp posts etc on my estate. I have
walked around the estate calling her and shaking her dried food box at all
times of day. I've looked under shrubs around the area but there are
hundreds and it's even possible I have walked past her a few times but she
is scared to come out of hiding! Tomorrow I will ring my local council
cleansing department and leave her details in case the worst has happened
and they have found her. I am also going to get a baby monitor (what a
fab idea!) tomorrow and set it up for tomorrow night. There don't appear
to be any Pet Detective's in my area but I will keep researching that. I
also gave my postman a leaflet and he has promised to keep an eye out for
her. I run our local neighbourhood watch so all my close neighbours will
be keeping a close lookout for her too.

Now I have run out of ideas to keep me busy I'm just praying she finds her
way home. Looks like another sleepless night tonight! Thank you for the
purrs, they are such a comfort.

Sharon

Old July 2nd 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:33:18 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

wrote in message
Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

[...]

Well you have done ALL the right things, and because she has a collar
with your address, AND is micro chipped, I think it's only a matter of
time before she gets hungry enough to come out of hiding, and then she
will be returned to you.

That's my plan, and I think that is what will happen!

Sending the best get home Smudgie purrs possible.

If Moe, who was lost in a strange city was found, certainly your
Smudgie, who is probably less than 100 yards from home, and is simply
scared and hiding, will be found!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100701-1, 07/01/2010
Tested on: 7/1/2010 6:07:34 PM

Old July 2nd 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:

wrote in message
Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

[...]

I've told this befo Ginger (orange tabby and a really large cat)
went missing for three weeks. We later discovered he had been living in
a neighbor's basement bedroom and sleeping on the neighbor's son's bed.
The son thought his mother had acquired a cat and helped feed him. He
had got in through an open basement window. This was many, many years
ago before cats wore collars or had ID. The neighbor lived about 5
houses away from us. We are sending return home purrs and pray it
happens soon. MLB
Old July 2nd 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

Oh (((((Sharon)))))
Purrs and prayers lovingly sent for her to find her way home tonight..you
are doing all the right things people have suggested....have you pur some
catnip out in key places? You are doing a wonderful job of trying to get
your baby back home..silly cats drive us bonkers, don't they?

Hey Smudgie, says my kitty Mosey, (who'd like to escape too) GYFBH and
stop worrying your Mom that way, silly girlkitty...she's gone to great
lengths to find you,
Your face is on wanted posters...
she has 'nom noms' for you.....go home sweet girl..puuuuuuuuuuuurrs

Love
Kyla and Mosey

"Sharon & Smudgie" ...

Old July 2nd 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NOSPAM

GYFBHN purrs and thoughts coming from the Fairfax Fur Factory
and their hoomin! Hope she's only pulling a BCT and is right
close by.

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

On 07/01/2010 09:40 AM, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Old July 2nd 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Jul 1, 6:40*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. *She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. *I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. *She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. *I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. *I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

My goodness, no wonder you are worried! I'm so sorry, I hope Smudgie
will find her courage to make her way home to you safely. I'll get
Francesca on Purr Patrol when I get home and set out the homing
beacons so that Smudgie will return safe and unharmed.

Melissa
Old July 2nd 10, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

[...]

Have you tried doing any of your searches at night? If you shine a
flashlight all around, and especially under bushes and low branches of
trees, you might see glowing eyes. Other than that, it sounds like you have
done just about everything.

I hope you will have good news for us soon.

MaryL

Old July 2nd 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! - a possible sighting!!

"Shiral" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you again everyone. We got a call around 11 last night to say a cat
matching her description had been seen in the back garden of an empty
house - 100 yards away from our garden diagonally. We went round with torch
etc but there was no sign of her. I went back round this morning armed with
a step ladder (garden is enclosed by an 8 ft wall) and spent half an hour
looking and calling but no luck. I have to go into work for 3 hours this
morning so I have left my mobile number on my home answering machine and
will take her carrier etc with me just in case I get another call. The
couple who rang me last night will keep a close eye out for her today and
try to entice her with food. If they cant get her to come to them they will
ring me and I will go straight round and have another try. Only downside is
the cat they saw looks as though her back legs may be injured

Looks like the purrs may be working

Sharon
p.s. got a baby monitor ready for tonight

Old July 2nd 10, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Don't forget the kids in your neighborhood. With the promise of a few
dollars they will scour the neighborhood for you - especially now that
they're out of school and have nothing to do but play all day. *And*
they're small enough to get into place an adult couldn't, and are more
persistant than an adult would be. A cat search could be a really fun
game to play especially if they can look forward to a small reward to
spend on ice cream or candy!

Hugs,

CatNipped

The kids here don't break for summer for another few weeks. However, here
is a high school at the other end of our road so I dotted lots of the
posters on lamp posts around there so the kids can't miss seeing them on
their way home. I didn't put about a reward on the leaflet but told the kids
who saw me putting them up that there was a reward for whoever found her and
figured word would spread! I asked the local primary school about putting
up a poster but they weren't interested so I have been stopping and talking
to the younger kids I see on my walkabouts and letting them know too.

Thank you for the suggestion
Sharon

Old July 2nd 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jul 1, 9:40*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. *She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. *I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. *She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. *I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. *I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Your mama wants you home, Smudgie. We're purring for you to come back.
Please.

Blessed be,
Baha