Anniversary

Old January 22nd 05, 03:35 PM
JBHajos

Default Anniversary

I'm "celebrating" seven years with RPCA, since January 1998. Cruising
down Memory Lane, thinking about what a joyride it's been. Grateful
to those who so warmly welcomed this ignorant, dumb-bunny into the
fold. Missing those who no longer post - TJ, Aim, HazelAz, and
others. Remembering buckets of tears shed for lost kitties -
Traveler, Dusty, Annabel Lee, Hale-Bopp, Berfert, Seth, Rocky, and too
many others. Tears shed for the loss of cyber-friends - Dave, JEM,
Sam's future daughter-in-law, Eve, Cheryl's son. Appreciating the
many, many things I've learned in asking for advice and in reading
informative posts by others. Thankful for the purrs offered when we
needed them. And, oh, the laughter! The tons of hilarious tales of
life with the furbabies!!

RPCA is the *only* Group I've continued with - have dropped all
others. Though it's grown tremendously, it's still the warm,
friendly, "feel-good" forum it was when I began. It's had some ups
and downs but gets through the downs with kindness and good humor.
Here's looking forward to seven more years!

Jeanne

Old January 22nd 05, 03:58 PM
Victor Martinez

JBHajos wrote:
Here's looking forward to seven more years!

Here here!!!

Victor, who's only been here 5 years or so...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 22nd 05, 04:45 PM
Marina

JBHajos wrote:

I'm "celebrating" seven years with RPCA, since January 1998.

This was a wonderful tribute, Jeanne. I agree wholeheartedly in
everything you said. I've only been here since 6 October 2000 (I just
checked on Google). I didn't know anything about newsgroups, someone at
work had just shown me how to find and access them, and when he'd gone,
I thought, hmmmm, wonder what will happen if I write 'cats' in the
search box?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 22nd 05, 05:11 PM
Irulan

hey, happy anniversary.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 22nd 05, 07:44 PM
CK

Ditto!!
I've subscribed to all kinds of ng's, but I've only got five left that I
follow regularly and post into more or less sporadically. With the help
of Google (was wondering when it was I started, thanks for reminding me
of Google, Marina!), I found out that I first posted here on 27 Nov
2000, so it's four years and a bit now.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old January 22nd 05, 07:49 PM
Tanada

JBHajos wrote:

I'm "celebrating" seven years with RPCA, since January 1998.

OMG, my seven year anniversary is next month. Everyone was so kind when
I just butted in and started posting without an introduction. The
flavor of this group has changed slightly over the years, but the
essential friendly we're here for the cats attitude has stayed the same.
Like you, I miss a lot of cats and humans who have crossed the bridge,
and wonder about our MIAs.

This group has been here for us through a lot, both good and bad, and I
hope that we've been here for you too. This group has the most
wonderful people in the world and I'm proud to "know" you all.

Pam S.
Old January 22nd 05, 07:54 PM
O J

Jeanne wrote:

I'm "celebrating" seven years with RPCA, since January 1998.

---------------------snip----------------------
Here's looking forward to seven more years!

I posted a few things and followed the group for a few months sometime
before the split. I'm sorry that I didn't hang around for the
formation of RPCA. I missed out on a lot of good times.

Congratulations on having had seven years of tears and treasures.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 22nd 05, 11:45 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 22 Jan 2005 09:35:08a, JBHajos wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

[...]

Reminiscing is fun sometimes! I also have an anniversary of sorts
coming up, though a sad one. The second year anniversary of my
son's death is in 3 days. I still read the other groups, but only
one, and only because I learn stuff there. But it's horrid at
times. Another anniversary/birthday coming up... since I don't know
what month Bonnie was born, I had given her an honorary birthday of
the day of Eric's death. In May of 2003 was when she was trapped
and she was ~5 months old, so I claimed Jan 25 2003 as her
birthday. The whole death/life thing. It works for me.

--
Cheryl