almost done with cat book

Old July 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default almost done with cat book

I am almost done reading MYSTERY CATS, a book which is
part of the set being circulated in RPCA. Now, this is a bunch
of short stories about cats involved in some sort of mystery or
another. Some of the tales are downright creepy, but don't get
me wrong, the cat always comes out on top at the end.

It should take me a few more days and I will be ready to mail it
out to anybody else who wants to read it. I don't mind mailing
outside of the USA, so the first email to reach me with your
name and address gets it. My e-mail is not munged, so just

Lily's mama Lydia

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old July 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Irulan" wrote

|I am almost done reading MYSTERY CATS, a book which is
| part of the set being circulated in RPCA.

I'll be sending you the other book (Murder Most Feline) tomorrow.

Old July 9th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rockinghorse Winner

On 2007-07-08, Pat wrote:

"Irulan" wrote

|I am almost done reading MYSTERY CATS, a book which is
| part of the set being circulated in RPCA.

I'll be sending you the other book (Murder Most Feline) tomorrow.

Does anyone have recommendations for fiction involving cats. I'd prefer
more well known authors. Thanks.

Lurker in Residence,
Lee

--
Look afar and see the end from the beginning.
Old July 9th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Rockinghorse Winner" wrote in
message ...
On 2007-07-08, Pat
wrote:

"Irulan" wrote

|I am almost done reading MYSTERY CATS, a book which is
| part of the set being circulated in RPCA.

I'll be sending you the other book (Murder Most Feline)
tomorrow.

Does anyone have recommendations for fiction involving cats.
I'd prefer
more well known authors. Thanks.

Lurker in Residence,
Lee

Hi Lee!

It depends on what type of fiction you enjoy. I read a lot of
cat oriented mysteries, like "The Cat Who" series by Lillian
Jackson Braun,
"The Stinky Pie Brown" books by Rita Mae and Stinky Pie Brown,
"The Joel Grey" mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy
"The Midnight Louie" books by Carole Nelson Douglas

Then there are some good fantasy series/anthologies (mostly out
of print, darn it)

"Cat Fantastic" a series of 6 short story anthologies edited by
the late Andre Norton
"The Witch World" books (I never had a chance to read them but
I've read other of Norton's work and like it)
"The Chanuur" books by C. K. Cherryh very intricate but good work
"The Summoning series" by Tanya Huff. a lot of humor involved
with this 3 book series which includes a cat with a outrageous
attitude as a facilitator/familiar for a couple of sisters who
correct mistakes that come through from the nether world.

I'm sure that there are other great books out there and that more
people will have ideas that both of us can dig out teeth into.

Pam S.

Old July 9th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for fiction involving cats. I'd prefer
more well known authors. Thanks.

Here's a good one: "My Cat Spit McGee", by Willie Morris. It's not
fiction, but it's a memoir, so it reads like fiction (ie, it's a story).
It's about a guy who disliked and was afraid of cats as a boy, but when
he grew up, he married a cat lover, so suddenly he was living with cats.
He himself became a cat person when he rescued a newborn kitten from
nearly suffocating (during the birth), and he and that cat became bonded
for life. A very sweet and charming story.

(I don't know how "well-known" Morris is, but he also wrote "My Dog
Skip", which became a popular movie.)

Joyce
Old July 9th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Does anyone have recommendations for fiction involving cats.

Akif Pirincci's "Felidae" *a crime novel with cat characters) is
good, BUT be warned that it's pretty dark and serious.

I'd prefer more well known authors. Thanks.

Pirincci isn't famous for much else (there is a sequel, "Felidae
on the Road", which I haven't read yet).

Doris Lessing's "Memoirs of a Survivor" might be worth a try (one
of its main characters is a half-cat half-dog). Lessing has also
done a book about the cats she's owned. She is a very strange
writer with something to infuriate everybody - I think that's the
point.

Old July 9th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

ink.net...

On 2007-07-08, Pat wrote:

"Irulan" wrote

|I am almost done reading MYSTERY CATS, a book which is
| part of the set being circulated in RPCA.

I'll be sending you the other book (Murder Most Feline) tomorrow.

Does anyone have recommendations for fiction involving cats. I'd prefer
more well known authors. Thanks.

Lurker in Residence,
Lee

Hi Lee!

It depends on what type of fiction you enjoy. I read a lot of cat
oriented mysteries, like "The Cat Who" series by Lillian Jackson Braun,

I've read a few of hers, but they tend to get repetitive. Last one I read,
she explained the same thing three times in one book. Looked at her pic on
the back of the book-jacket, and I think it might be time for her to retire,
but her alzheimers becomes full blown!

"The Stinky Pie Brown" books by Rita Mae and Stinky Pie Brown,

You mis-remembered - the books are the Mrs. Murphy mystery series, Mrs.
Murphy being the cat's name in the series, but are written by Rita Mae Brown
(who also writes historically accurate stories set in Albemarle County, VA),
and her cat, Sneaky Pie Brown (not Stinky).

"The Joel Grey" mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Joe Grey, not Joel These are the series that are currently getting
passed around on Catslaves. In this series, some of the cats can actually
TALK to humans, but only reveal their secret to a select few.

"The Midnight Louie" books by Carole Nelson Douglas

Old July 9th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Joe Grey, not Joel These are the series that are currently getting
passed around on Catslaves. In this series, some of the cats can actually
TALK to humans, but only reveal their secret to a select few.

Though I am a fan of sci fi and mystery novels as well, the Joe Grey
series is my alltime favorite series of books.

Dan
Old July 9th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, I didn't have any of the books at hand when I was writing
the above message. I guess my brain is getting foggy with
disuse. BTW, I agree with you on the Lillian Jackson Braun
books. I think she needs to take a vacation and recharge her
batteries before starting the next one.

Pam S.

Book Suggestion gracecat Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 06 03:18 PM
Is this a useful book? Jack Crane Cat health & behaviour 0 July 5th 06 12:20 AM
do not help a book Eve Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 03:55 PM
Book offer? Yowie Cat anecdotes 10 May 20th 05 10:22 AM
Amusing new book Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 0 March 27th 05 09:01 AM