Request for purrs

Old December 10th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Request for purrs

For me... I'll be losing some teeth shortly, from long neglect for want of
$, there is no saving them. On top of which I am deathly afraid of dentists!
Too many bad experiences and needless loss of teeth due to their
misjudgment.

More than purrs I need someone to sit next to the chair and let me squeeze
their hand. I will not take laughing gas. But there is no one to sit with me
so I am doubly terrified!

I did get into the United Health Care Dental program however there is a
one-year waiting period for all but prophylactic services, and no way can
any of this wait any longer. Even after a year, it only pays 50% on most
procedures anyway. So I also need purrs that I can find ways to cut my
expenses enough to afford payments to the dentist.

It's an all-around miserable situation. The cats will help me get through it
but I'd still really appreciate some extra purrs.

Old December 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Pat wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way. I also lost some teeth due to dentisit's misjudgement
which was one reason until two years ago, I hadn't seen a dentist for 25
years.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Pat wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca(also scared of dentists) and Soncek

Old December 10th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
[...]

Dental purrs a-plenty.
I just had four teeth extracted back in Oct. It wasn't that bad, not
anything like I thought it would be. I am a fraidy-cat at the dentists
also. They were all crowned root canals that were many years old and
just deteriorated over time. No saving them.
But why are you set against nitrous? The effect for me is just about
like having a few beers, and when they cut it off, it immediately
disappears. Does it make you sick or somthing?
Do you have a dental college near you? A lot of people here go to the
U. of Okla.'s dental school for very low cost work. I've heard a lot of
good things about the program.

Sherry

Old December 10th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

wrote

But why are you set against nitrous? Does it make you sick?

If I'm not in my right mind I won't be able to tell if something that
shouldn't be happening is happening. I am very paranoid of doctors and
dentists, I believe they do whatever they can get away with to make you need
more of their services.

Do you have a dental college near you?

No idea. If there was one, I couldn't get there. And I'm not inclined to let
any students work on my teeth. Already had one of the worst experiences of
my life in a teaching hospital.

Old December 10th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Extra purrs and prayers from us to you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 10th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
wrote

But why are you set against nitrous? Does it make you sick?

If I'm not in my right mind I won't be able to tell if something that
shouldn't be happening is happening. I am very paranoid of doctors and
dentists, I believe they do whatever they can get away with to make you need
more of their services.

Oh, Pat. Nitrous isn't like that. Have you ever had it? It's really no
more than a warm-fuzzy beer buzz. You never are out of control. If you
start to feel too buzzed, you just ask them to turn it down. You are
always in control. I seriously think it would help with the anxiety.

Sherry

Old December 11th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
For me... I'll be losing some teeth shortly, from long neglect for want of
$, there is no saving them. On top of which I am deathly afraid of
dentists! Too many bad experiences and needless loss of teeth due to their
misjudgment.

I've lost only one tooth in my life. My regular dentist (Dr. Chew, I kid
you not) was out of town and another dentist said it couldn't be saved. Dr
Chew had a fit when he got back. I've been lucky. And I've been in the
position with my job to get some feel for which dentists are reliable and
which ones are always out for an extra buck.

From what you've said, you know this is necessary now. So that you don't
have to worry about. That leaves the fear to work on. I'd suggest no
caffeine for several days to anyone else, but I doubt you use caffeine
anyway. It does make you less pain tolerant.

That leaves mind games or relaxation techniques depending on your faith in
them. Before and during the work, send your mind somewhere else. If you
work out ahead of time what you are going to use or visualize it makes it a
lot easier. Don't forget you do have a worldwide support group and we will
be taking turns holding you hand. Lots of purrs and blessings both from
your clowder and worldwide will be filling the air.

Give us a time and I'll light the new Raspberry candle. Tweed's got all
used up and I just finally found a new one.

Jo

Old December 11th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
For me... I'll be losing some teeth shortly, from long neglect for want of
$, there is no saving them. On top of which I am deathly afraid of
dentists! Too many bad experiences and needless loss of teeth due to their
misjudgment.

I've lost only one tooth in my life. My regular dentist (Dr. Chew, I kid
you not)

LOL! I had a gynocologist named Dr. Beaver. I didn't think anything
could be funnier than that.
You sound like you are blessed with very good teeth. IMO, heredity has
a lot to do with that. It must. I started seeing dentists when I was 5
years old and have always had cleanings and taken care of my teeth. I
still had trouble anyway. Also a period of illness when I was much
younger I think contributed. My last appointment is Dec. 19 to replace
the ones that were pulled in Oct. I'll be very glad. Lots of foods I
love that I am looking forward to being able to eat again.

Sherry

was out of town and another dentist said it couldn't be saved. Dr
Chew had a fit when he got back. I've been lucky. And I've been in the
position with my job to get some feel for which dentists are reliable and
which ones are always out for an extra buck.

From what you've said, you know this is necessary now. So that you don't

Purr request Ann Cat anecdotes 11 October 22nd 06 06:15 AM
Purr request Gandalf Cat anecdotes 11 March 21st 06 06:17 PM
Request to join the IBCS Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 16 August 29th 05 12:48 PM
OT Odd request Karen Cat anecdotes 6 June 12th 05 12:50 PM
Attn Phil P: OMH's response to request for Proximate Analysis Karen Cat health & behaviour 9 February 25th 05 10:44 PM