Totally OT but I scored...

Old October 19th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Totally OT but I scored...

a ticket to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama on Monday. The press
release says:

"His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be installed as Presidential
Distinguished Professor at Emory University in a vibrant ceremony
including music, readings, and academic ceremonial traditions.
Following the formal installation, His Holiness will deliver his
inaugural lecture as Presidential Distinguished Professor entitled
"Reality as Interdependence," based on Je Tsongkhapa's rten-'brel
bstod-pa, "In Praise of Relativity.""

This is a closed even for faculty, staff and students only. They said
that 2000 tickets were available today beginning at 10 am. I was in
line around 9:30 to make sure I would get a ticket. Cameras are not
allowed, recording devices are not allowed, as a matter of fact,
security is expected to be very tight. We are not allowed to bring in
bags, backpacks etc. Only one bottle of factory sealed water. Cell
phones must be turned off. Hopefully I can bring a book. I need to be
there by 7:30 am and the function doesn't begin until 9:30 am. Is it
Monday yet?

Julie

Old October 19th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

GaDragonfly wrote:
a ticket to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama on Monday. The press

I'm so jealous!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 19th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Oh, wow, that is way too cool! Looking forward to your post on the event.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Old October 19th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Wow

Speaking of him, he is in Bloomington this weekend! There is a Tibetan
Cultural Center south of town (my TED's memorial service was held there when
he passed a couple years ago), and he has ties to Bloomington as his younger
brother is/was a student here at the Indiana University campus!

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old October 23rd 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

[...]

He's on his way to Bloomington right now - there's been a big hullabaloo
the "religious" symbols that they've been displaying in City Hall in
anticipation of his visit. "Christian" activists have been complaining
about not being able to display "their" religious symbols on/in city
hall.... BUT from what I've seen of the display, they are Tibetan *cultural*
symbols, not religious........ ergo, no you cannot display your carving of
the ten commandments (unless among them is a statuette of a *young* Charlton
Heston in the buff )

But I digress. He will be spending 5 days at our fair town.... and Indiana
University - where the Dalai Lama's eldest brother, an IU professor
emeritus, Thubten Norbu, (who has lived in Bloomington for more than 50
years) and founded the Tibetan Cultural Center.

Old October 23rd 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

GaDragonfly wrote:

a ticket to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama on Monday.

snip

Julie

Congrats!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

I totally MEANT to do that!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 5 November 3rd 06 09:05 PM
)h0 0 Totally Hot Spot To See )h0 0 Kelly Cats - misc 0 March 11th 06 06:36 AM
Totally OT :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 4 January 18th 06 06:03 PM
OT (totally): 2012 Debbie Wilson Cat anecdotes 97 July 8th 05 12:39 AM