Somebody in the house caught a mouse!

Old October 14th 05, 06:55 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default Somebody in the house caught a mouse!

I found a very wet REAL mouse in the hallway just a bit ago. I was going to
flush it, but it was still alive (it was trying to grip the carpet as I
picked it up by it's tail)! I put it outside and it slowly limped away
after it lay there a bit and then righted itself. Not sure if Max the d-pet
slobbered on it and then it 'escaped' under the pet-gate into the hallway
(Max did catch a vole/shrew in the yard a week or so ago), or if Lizzie &
Smokey (who were both nearby) licked it into submission.

Poor little critter looked pathetic. I was able to walk, but I couldn't see
any obvious injuries on it, lord know what internal injuries it had

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old October 14th 05, 07:32 PM
Christina Websell

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
I found a very wet REAL mouse in the hallway just a bit ago. I was going
to flush it, but it was still alive (it was trying to grip the carpet as I
picked it up by it's tail)! I put it outside and it slowly limped away
after it lay there a bit and then righted itself. Not sure if Max the
d-pet slobbered on it and then it 'escaped' under the pet-gate into the
hallway (Max did catch a vole/shrew in the yard a week or so ago), or if
Lizzie & Smokey (who were both nearby) licked it into submission.

It was Mimi, it was Mimi! Just lerning. She get much better at it soon wiv
der practis. Well dun, Mimi, for a furst try.
If yoo teleport over ere I show yoo ow to do it proply.
Yore luving boyfriend
Boyfriend

Old October 14th 05, 08:05 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Christina Websell wrote:
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
I found a very wet REAL mouse in the hallway just a bit ago. I was
going to flush it, but it was still alive (it was trying to grip the
carpet as I picked it up by it's tail)! I put it outside and it
slowly limped away after it lay there a bit and then righted itself.
Not sure if Max the d-pet slobbered on it and then it 'escaped'
under the pet-gate into the hallway (Max did catch a vole/shrew in
the yard a week or so ago), or if Lizzie & Smokey (who were both
nearby) licked it into submission.

It was Mimi, it was Mimi! Just lerning. She get much better at it
soon wiv der practis. Well dun, Mimi, for a furst try.
If yoo teleport over ere I show yoo ow to do it proply.
Yore luving boyfriend
Boyfriend

I don't doubt it, Boyfie, by the way she was trying to get out the back door
where I had taken it! She wanted it back - that was her mousie! (she'll
reply to you later - I think she's pouting right now, probably wishing you
could teleport over here and show her mean mommy the what-for LOL!!)

Old October 15th 05, 10:36 AM
Azy

~~Poor little critter looked pathetic. I was able to walk, but I
couldn't see
any obvious injuries on it, lord know what internal injuries it had
~~

Be glad you couldn't find any external injuries on it. I lived in the
same house with my cat, my room mate, and her 5 cats and dog. The one
mouse that managed to get passed Mildred on the porch ended up having
his guts dragged all about the drawing room. I never knew that a mouse
could hold so much blood, but apparently they do. ::shudder::

Azy!

"Unfortunately, I once roomed with a cocker spaniel, and she left a
terrible impression of dogs with whomever she met. Her breath was
terrible, she reeked of sebaceous oils, she chewed her haunches
fanatically, and she was a pathological liar. I learnt quite a few
lessons living with her. Firstly, never lay behind a dog who's just
dined heavily from the rubbish bin. Secondly, never leave kibble for
later if there's a dog about. And, most importantly, never, never trust
a cocker spaniel in a balaclava no matter what they tell you." ~~W.C.
Humphries II( http://housecatwisdom.blogspot.com/ )