Waaaaaaaaaaa I'm Lonely!

Old October 24th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Waaaaaaaaaaa I'm Lonely!

DH is off for a week in Germany! Düsseldorf! There's a trade show (his
employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then he has
Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip, probably to
see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

....but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old October 24th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

..
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
DH is off for a week in Germany! Düsseldorf! There's a trade show (his
employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then he has
Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip, probably to
see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

...but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

Don't fret. My DH is off to Houston and then to Vienna, and he
just arrived from London a week ago. But Lily and I cope when
our Daddy's away. We keep each other company.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 24th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Irulan" wrote in message
.
[...]

I know. Just after I posted, I was watching a bit of TV, with Barney curled
up & purring in my lap. His brofur, Bam-Bam, decided that was the place to
be (although they didn't both fit, kind of spilled over onto the couch), and
joined - and a 10 minute brotherly face washing ensued, until they both
drifted off.... still purring!

Kind of surprised me, as when they usually do the face-washing with each
other, it turns into a wresting match, then an all out game of chase-tag!

Old October 24th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
DH is off for a week in Germany! Düsseldorf! There's a trade show
(his employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then
he has Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip,
probably to see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

...but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

You only *think* you get to sleep in the middle of the bed! You'll be
surrounded by kitties who all think they get the middle of the bed. A
plethora of cats! Persia will be busy crowding me over on my own bed
because she thinks she gets the middle by her virtual boyfurend, Weebs

Jill

Old October 25th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
DH is off for a week in Germany! D|sseldorf! There's a trade show
(his employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then
he has Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip,
probably to see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

...but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

You only *think* you get to sleep in the middle of the bed! You'll be
surrounded by kitties who all think they get the middle of the bed. A
plethora of cats! Persia will be busy crowding me over on my own bed
because she thinks she gets the middle by her virtual boyfurend, Weebs

Jill

Besides, if you have cat or cats you really don't want to sleep in the
middle of the bed. They will pin you in like Gulliver.

Jo

Old October 25th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
DH is off for a week in Germany! Düsseldorf! There's a trade show
(his employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then
he has Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip,
probably to see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

...but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

You only *think* you get to sleep in the middle of the bed! You'll be
surrounded by kitties who all think they get the middle of the bed. A
plethora of cats! Persia will be busy crowding me over on my own bed
because she thinks she gets the middle by her virtual boyfurend, Weebs

Jill

I don't actually let any of the cats in the bedroom at night. We used to -
but now, with 12, there is at least 3 at any given time that do not want to
sleep, they want to give themselves a very noisy, sloppy bath! Or a
space-skirmish breaks out. Or they want fed. Or they want attention (which
Ping will announce at full volume right next to your ear) If we let the
cats in with us, we don't get any sleep. Tomorrow I have to get up early for
class. Tomorrow night, I *may* let them in with me....

Old October 25th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
DH is off for a week in Germany! Düsseldorf! There's a trade show
(his employer is sending him and two others) this Thur/Fri/Sat then
he has Sun/Mon/Tues to "play" (he's planning on taking a train trip,
probably to see Arnhem & Nijmegen).

Twelve cats and I'm lonely all ready....

...but I get to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight!

You only *think* you get to sleep in the middle of the bed! You'll be
surrounded by kitties who all think they get the middle of the bed. A
plethora of cats! Persia will be busy crowding me over on my own bed
because she thinks she gets the middle by her virtual boyfurend, Weebs

Jill

And Weebs will politely sleep with us - until he decided that he's hungry,
and will stand on top of me (no matter how I'm sleeping), and nudge me with
his head. Sometimes he will actually stand there with his forehead down on
me for several minutes, waiting for me to 'get a clue' (I did this once,
while we were on the sofa, just to see how long he would stay there - it was
almost 5 minutes, but then DH in the general direction of the food dishes,
and Weebs followed him).

Other than than, he will curl up and dream that His Precious Persia is
curled up next to him

Old October 25th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I know that feeling, one day last week I woke up and HAD to go to the
bathroom. I wasn't clear awake and for the life of me I couldn't move the
covers. At my age the first hought is stroke, can't move etc. A second
later I realized the 80 pound malimute was on one side of me and the three
cats on the other!

Old October 25th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jofirey wrote:

Besides, if you have cat or cats you really don't want to sleep in the
middle of the bed. They will pin you in like Gulliver.

Exactly! This is what Caliban and Mir do every night. They both like to
rest their heads on my legs, so they both snuggle up really, really
close, on either side of my legs. But they don't mind if I carefully
move my legs around, they just wait and then settle down again when I have.