2010 Year Of The...??

Old December 29th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Default 2010 Year Of The...??

Cat

of course...here at least...
Happy New Year !!!

Kyla
and Cats

Old December 29th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

29.12.2009 5:15, Kyla `=^..^=` kirjoitti:
Cat

of course...here at least...
Happy New Year !!!

Kyla
and Cats

If you're referring to the Chinese horoscope, I do believe that 2010 is
the year of the tiger - but that's just a big cat too...
The year of the tiger starts as of Feb 14, 2010. (Chinese new year)

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old December 29th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

"Christine BA" 29.12.2009 5:15, Kyla `=^..^=`
Cat

of course...here at least...
Happy New Year !!!

Kyla
and Cats

If you're referring to the Chinese horoscope, I do believe that 2010 is
the year of the tiger - but that's just a big cat too...
The year of the tiger starts as of Feb 14, 2010. (Chinese new year)

Thanks for that
Hmmm, is Valentines Day, also on Feb 14, a Global day, or is it just in the
USA?
Just wondering.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old December 29th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

With the way people are acting out there, I'd say 2010 would have to the
Year of the Idiots. So much sick and wrong stuff going on.
Kyla

Old December 29th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Dec 29, 11:16*am, "Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:

Thanks for that
Hmmm, is Valentines Day, also on Feb 14, a Global day, or is it just in the
USA?
Just wondering.

It's Valentine's Day on Feb 14th in the UK as well....today I popped
into a newsagents to get some stamps and where only a few days ago
they had Xmas cards one of the staff was taking them off the display
and putting up Valentine's Day cards

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 29th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 11:16 am, "Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:

Thanks for that
Hmmm, is Valentines Day, also on Feb 14, a Global day, or is it
just in the
USA?
Just wondering.

It's Valentine's Day on Feb 14th in the UK as well....today I popped
into a newsagents to get some stamps and where only a few days ago
they had Xmas cards one of the staff was taking them off the display
and putting up Valentine's Day cards

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

*************

It is a Saint's Day after all, so it isn't one the governments are
likely to be messing with. Wonder how non Christian countries feel
about Valentine's Day?

Jo

Old December 29th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

"Jofirey"

"Lesley" On Dec 29, 11:16 am,

"Kyla `=^..^=`

Thanks for that
Hmmm, is Valentines Day, also on Feb 14, a Global day, or is it just in
the
USA?
Just wondering.

It's Valentine's Day on Feb 14th in the UK as well....today I popped
into a newsagents to get some stamps and where only a few days ago
they had Xmas cards one of the staff was taking them off the display
and putting up Valentine's Day cards

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I figured as much...
Here in the USA, right after the Valentines cards go away,
the St Patrick Day and Easter cards come out.

*************

It is a Saint's Day after all, so it isn't one the governments are likely
to be messing with. Wonder how non Christian countries feel about
Valentine's Day?

Jo

Wow, I never thought of that..Saint Valentine..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine
Here is a link I found on the Saint.

Hey, LOVE rules, IMO
Kyla

Old December 30th 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jofirey" wrote:
It is a Saint's Day after all, so it isn't one the governments are
likely to be messing with. Wonder how non Christian countries feel
about Valentine's Day?

I don't know about most countries, but the Japanese like Valentine's
Day so much that they split it in two - Valentine's Day on February
14th for women to express affection to their men, and White Day on
March 14th for men to return the affection to their women.
Old December 30th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Jofirey" wrote:
It is a Saint's Day after all, so it isn't one the governments are
likely to be messing with. Wonder how non Christian countries feel
about Valentine's Day?

I don't know about most countries, but the Japanese like
Valentine's
Day so much that they split it in two - Valentine's Day on February
14th for women to express affection to their men, and White Day on
March 14th for men to return the affection to their women.

Not surprising in a country that considers Hello Kitty an icon.

Have to wonder how successful Saudi Arabia is at banning the sale of
related products. Interesting that the ban is on sale rather than
purchase.

I've got a feeling that there are a lot of women in Saudi Arabia who
have a lot of exposure to 'western' ways and ideas and are in favor
of tokens of romance and affection.

Jo

Old December 30th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

Day so much that they split it in two - Valentine's Day on February
14th for women to express affection to their men, and White Day on
March 14th for men to return the affection to their women.

Not surprising in a country that considers Hello Kitty an icon.

LOL.

I've got a feeling that there are a lot of women in Saudi Arabia who
have a lot of exposure to 'western' ways and ideas and are in favor
of tokens of romance and affection.

Yeah, but they'd probably rather drive a car.

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.