Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old March 16th 04, 11:08 PM
Flippy

"M.C. Mullen" wrote ...
Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

Actually, the Koala is not a bear at all. Check these links for info:
http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au/wildlife/...ets/koala.html
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DeerParkES...ent/koala.html
http://www.koalaexpress.com.au/facts1.htm
http://home.mira.net/~areadman/koala.htm
http://www.doaustralia.com/Fauna/Koala.htm
http://www.arazpa.org.au/Education_FactSheets_Koala.htm
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...printout.shtml

It is a common mistake that non-Aussies make, even in documentaries.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

---

Old March 17th 04, 03:30 AM
Cat Protector

Now this is a pleasure. Rarely these days do we see the very elusive Flippy
in the group.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old March 17th 04, 05:31 AM
Mich Somday

Jacqueline wrote in message :

Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
that woman Prime Minister!

I've seen Joanna Lumley on the T.V. I know that I can never have a
giraffe, living where I live, but it doesn't stop me from wanting one.
You don't have to build fences, you just have to dig ditches! I've
always been fond of backhoes.....

Anyhow, I'm setting my sights a bit smaller now, I suppose. Hubby
says I can get a civet, a fennel fox or a Canadian Lynx. As a cat
fiend, I'm leaning toward the lynx. I have friends who breed them,
etc.......

Jacqueline, honey....beware the billy goat!!!! Not only do they smell
bad, but they tend to hump anything and everything! I have wonderful
video, though, of Boris butting heads with a 3-month old bull calf.
They were playing "King-of-the Hill" with a bale of hay. VERY cute!

Kindest Regards,

Mich

Old March 17th 04, 06:31 AM
Not so quick

"Ablang" wrote in message
I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat

less
and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

--
"Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
Unknown

View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting

for
it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

Cats have more personality. You can learn more from cats.
Cats are more graceful and powerful, for their size. Cats are
more devoted to their offspring. Cats can be a challenge. But
I do miss lying on my Boxer's back and squirrels are getting to
me too, even though I've never held one.