Jellicle Ball WELCOMING CEREMONY Pt 2

Old October 29th 04, 11:01 PM
Arlene Knop

Ize alwayz plesantly amazed to see so many frendz return fur thuh Ball
and hope thuh historees giv thuh noo kittees a bigger pikchure of wot we
are.

Gretchen Marie, philosofikal and sentymental

Ray or Fran wrote:

Weze rememfurs that furry First Jellicle Ball. It was quite powerful.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(Seems like a long time ago... so many friends have gone to the Bridge, many
more have yet to be met)
--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old October 29th 04, 11:45 PM
Amelia T Cat

Miss Violette wrote:
Harri runs even faster, fud did youz say fud, where isit??? Harri, a girl
with a not so girlie appetite

Amelia waves from over by the food tables
Over here, kitties. All kinds of good food, and lots of it.

Amelia

Old October 29th 04, 11:51 PM
Miss Violette

Harri runs even faster, fud did youz say fud, where isit??? Harri, a girl
with a not so girlie appetite
Heather wrote in message
Maestro, da less mischivus uv da groop slowz down K'mon Harri, hurree

up;
Ize hungree!

Maestro

"Miss Violette" wrote in message
Harri tears off after her new friendz, hey waitz fur mineself, Harri,

tryin
ta keep up
Heather wrote in message
Grayt! Letz git sumfin tu eet furst, den weez kin go an play wif da
balloonz! K'mon guyz, Ize will rays yu!

Matthias, runnin off wif three kittiez in hot pursoot

"Miss Violette" wrote in message
Yez I wuuld lof ta play, Lookit I isa orange too, Harri getting very
'cited
Heather wrote in message
Hihi Harri! Ize Matthias! An dis iz mine broffur Maestro. Dis

liddle
oranj fella iz Clyde. Clyde an Ize ar speshul; weez brayn

damijed!
Wanna
play?

"Miss Violette" wrote in message
very nice, Miss Violette, looking at Harri to see she is

behaving
Arlene Knop wrote in message
Gretchen Marie continues.....

Here is the story of thuh Furst Jellicle Ball as told by

Bonnie,
The
Black Panther. Thuh tradishuns hav chanjed a bit since then,

but
it
was
kwite a spektakular beginning!

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens

and
cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as

we
know
since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather

the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of
protracted
mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is
more-or-less
in keeping with the poet T. S. Eliot's works about CATS: We

gather
once
a year to select the cat that can come back to a new Jellicle

Life.
Love
is a binding force that transcends both time and space, and we

will
all
reunite at the Rainbow Bridge. In recognition that there are

so
many
kittens and cats deserving of a new Jellicle Life this year we

pay
honor
to all who have gone before; to celebrate their lives in

story,
song,
and memories. The MC will rule over the Ball. This is a very

HIGH
HONOR.
The cat selected should be our oldest inhabitant. The next to

last
song
will be Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball (Sir Galaxy

and
myself, Bonnie) will have the whole floor unto themselves for

the
first
few measures, they will then invite all other cats to then

join
them.
At
the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving

of
New
Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam

splitters
fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround the
puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now

be
shown
one final time en mass. They will reamin projected for 30

seconds
before
the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage, first

rather
slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one

indistinct
blur
where upon they will start to rise towards the curved peaks of

the
projection screens....the names will meet in a final blast of

light,
and
the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks fade

the
Band
will begin to play a medly of "The Power of Love" and

"Everybody
Wants
to be a Cat." The dawn should be breaking about this time, and

as
the
various cats leave, we can then reflect on the meaning of the
Jellicle
Ball: to remember what happiness is; to love one another, so a

new
day
can begin. Bonnie, The Black Panther"

Old October 30th 04, 01:45 AM
Rebecca

Here, Harri, I will hewp yoo. Letz git yoo a liddul uv efurryting so yoo
kan see whut yoo likez best... or duz yoo hab faboritz alreddy?

Rebecca

"Miss Violette" wrote in message
OOHHHH fudfudfud!!!! then rememburin her manners. Harri sits down in
front
of amelia and says, may I have sum fud when you iz free? Harri is to
little
to reach the fud safely so she is trying really hard to be polite

Old October 30th 04, 03:41 AM
Miss Violette

thank yourownsef, I likesta try lotsa stuff but mostly mine favorite is juz
fud, Harri, excited to try it all
m...