Could we have "Get your furry butt home" purrs for Princess, please?

Old June 30th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Princess...no sign. sigh

"Phoenix" wrote in message
---MIKE--- wrote:
I sympathise with you on the fact that Princess is missing. If I
thought my cat was in the "warren" I would do whatever I had to do to
find out. I can't believe you can accept that she is RB in there. You
should tear apart the brambles and find out for sure.

Thank you for sharing.

You clearly don't have himalayan blackberries, a very lumpy hill, and
major mobility issues. Nor heat that was near 100 degrees.

As I've posted before, we have had an enormous number of cats owning us
over the last 17 years, and out of those, only 1 ever disappeared until
now, and all of the rest have been loved, vetted, and lived to very ripe
old ages.

Princess was, in fact, a ripe old age for a cat.

We have done what we can, as best we can, which is all any of us can do.

However, if you want to come to Oregon and clear the brambles for me, I am
happy to have the help.

Deborah
slave to seven now

(((((((((Deborah))))))))))

Some people don't realize that they can't understand somebody else's
situation.

Joy

Old June 30th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Phoenix" wrote in message

However, if you want to come to Oregon and clear the brambles for me, I am
happy to have the help.

Purrs and sympathy for your broken heart Deborah. Let us know if Mike ever
shows up at your house to remove your brambles. I'd loan you my Mike, but
you'd have to provide transportation, food, and lodging for him AND he'd
have to be back here before August 3rd. Oh, and he can't leave until summer
session at the college is over and that is on July 11th.

Pam S.

Old June 30th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I very much appreciate all the purrs and support. Thank you from the
bottom of my heart. IF she should saunter back in, I will be sure to let
the group know.

Deborah
"gang of seven" just doesn't sound so good, though

We're still purring that she comes home, or that you find the answer if
she has gone across the Bridge.

Dan
Old June 30th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Phoenix wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:
[...]

I never cease to be amazed at how judgmental some people can be about
posters whom they do not know, and situations they are really in no
position to judge! Many cats, if they sense they are near death, will
deliberately go off somewhere to die alone, leaving their person forever
in doubt. If Princess is an elderly cat, that may well be what happened
in her case, although we may all send purrs that she will return to her
loving home. None of us have all the answers, especially when we don't
know all the facts. We may offer suggestions we think might be helpful,
but (except for urging veterinary care when someone asks advice about a
sick animal) criticizing the cat's person because they don't follow our
advice seems a bit uncalled for.

The never ending "indoor/outdoor" controversy is bad enough, but issues
about lost cats, and whether or not a particular ailing kitty should be
PTS, are really no one else's business! (Unless the poster invites your
advice.) Certainly no one but the animal's person is in a position to
judge when and if euthanasia is indicated, and no internet post can
possibly detail completely all the factors involved.
Old June 30th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

We have chosen not to tear all the brambles down to look for her. (It's
not clear we COULD, actually.) By now, it is best to let her rest in
peace, and look forward to seeing her with all the others at the Rainbow
Bridge.

I know I've already responded to this, but I though another reply was in
order. It sounds like the existing brambles are probably used by kitties
(yours and perhaps others), so leaving the warren alone is probably a good
idea. Who know how many kitties value the solitude they find there.

Perhaps leaving some kitty food outside the warren and observing quietly
as evening approaches might give you insights into who all is making use
if it.

Still sending purrs for Princess and for you guys.

Dan
Old June 30th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Phoenix wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:
[...]

Well said, Evelyn!

Joy

Old June 30th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I want to apologize for being too abrupt in my comments. I think back
to when I lost Ike ten years ago. I got him when he was nine and he was
used to going out. I could not keep him happily inside but I knew the
risk - lots of predators in the area. When he didn't come home one day
I wanted to look for him but my house is surrounded by dense woods on
three sides. I knew Ike liked to explore these woods and I have seen
him as far as a half mile from the house. There was no way to search
for him. Needless to say, Amber and Tiger don't go out. Ike was 14,
and suffered from Asthma so he could have gone off to die - but I'll
never know.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 1st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I want to apologize for being too abrupt in my comments. I think back
to when I lost Ike ten years ago. I got him when he was nine and he was
used to going out. I could not keep him happily inside but I knew the
risk - lots of predators in the area. When he didn't come home one day
I wanted to look for him but my house is surrounded by dense woods on
three sides. I knew Ike liked to explore these woods and I have seen
him as far as a half mile from the house. There was no way to search
for him. Needless to say, Amber and Tiger don't go out. Ike was 14,
and suffered from Asthma so he could have gone off to die - but I'll
never know.
========================

Mike, your heart is in the right place, but sometimes it is best not to
assume anything about another poster's posts. Other than they, or someone
posting as them, put it in the catgroup. Or maybe they meant it to be in
another catgroup. That has happened. Or maybe they didn't know what they
were doing, or the cat stepped on the mouse and sent it on to an
unsuspecting world or. . .

Sweetie, you apologized and you meant well. A lot of us have lost kitties
like you lost Ike. Purrs for his memory and for you to continue to love and
be loved by your feline friends forever.

Pam S.

Old July 1st 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

---MIKE--- wrote:
I want to apologize for being too abrupt in my comments. I think back
to when I lost Ike ten years ago. I got him when he was nine and he was
used to going out. I could not keep him happily inside but I knew the
risk - lots of predators in the area. When he didn't come home one day
I wanted to look for him but my house is surrounded by dense woods on
three sides. I knew Ike liked to explore these woods and I have seen
him as far as a half mile from the house. There was no way to search
for him. Needless to say, Amber and Tiger don't go out. Ike was 14,
and suffered from Asthma so he could have gone off to die - but I'll
never know.

I sort of suspected there might be a personal experience behind your
post. You have never come across as a judgemental know-it-all.

I know I react strongly every time there is talk about rehoming a cat,
because I felt so bad for Frank who had been returned to the place where
he was born several times before I got him. But I know in my mind that
sometimes it can be better for the cat to be rehomed.

Old July 1st 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

---MIKE--- wrote:
I want to apologize for being too abrupt in my comments. I think back
to when I lost Ike ten years ago. I got him when he was nine and he was
used to going out. I could not keep him happily inside but I knew the
risk - lots of predators in the area. When he didn't come home one day
I wanted to look for him but my house is surrounded by dense woods on
three sides. I knew Ike liked to explore these woods and I have seen
him as far as a half mile from the house. There was no way to search
for him. Needless to say, Amber and Tiger don't go out. Ike was 14,
and suffered from Asthma so he could have gone off to die - but I'll
never know.

Very forgiven, Mike. It is HARD not to know! I send you sympathy purrs,
and appreciate you were willing to say "sorry".

Deborah
keeps looking over at the arm of the couch, where there is supposed to
be a Princess, darn it. (Although Cinder is in the filing tray, in case
that helps...)