Why I like cats better than most people

Old June 28th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Why I like cats better than most people

When I went to the Rest Area for work today, I found two baby kittens,
probably just barely weaned if indeed that was the case. Upon the cleaning
crew looking around, we found two dead kitties in the parking lot.

Someone just dumped them. We fed the two as best we could and, with people
traveling with their pets got some of the kitty milk and gave them that. We
don't have a shelter in our town so the only way we could get them to one
was to lie and say we found them in that town. I was prepared to do that
when BAST intervened and sent an elderly couple who fell in love with the
two little ones. They went into town and bought a carrier and all the
necessities. They said their cat at home was 18 and they would love to have
the little ones. With me standing there, they called their daughter and
asked if she would agree to take them if anything happened to the old folks.
She agreed and it was settled. Gave them my card so they could report back.

I just don't see how anyone could do such a thing, dumping and driving off.

Old June 28th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 27, 8:48 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

I don't either. But I love hearing about the nice people who took the
kittens. I'm telling Maggy May about this as I type.

--
Will in New Haven
Old June 28th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs for the wonderful people who took the bitties in.
Where do you work?

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old June 28th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I work at a rest area along a interstate highway. This means a lot of truck
traffic and cars. No one with an ounce of sense would expect an baby animal
to survive in a place like that.

Old June 28th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

How about the subway? It still blows my mind. *******s. Lowlifes.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 28th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 27, 5:48*pm, "Granby" wrote:

I just don't see how anyone could do such a thing, dumping and driving off.

I still remember being about 7-8 and walking to my Brownie meeting,
there was this car going down the road very fast then it screeched to
a halt, someone opened the door and chucked a small terrier or terrier
cross with a greying muzzle out of the car and drove off again,
leaving the poor dog trying to run after the car on three legs don't
know whether the dog had a previous reason for being lame or if it had
got hurt being thrown out of the car- I started crying

That was the day I learnt there were some right *******s in the World
but a lady seeing this, dropped her shopping, ran after the poor dog,
caught him and carried him into her house so I also learnt there were
some good people in the World as well

Bast was certainly smiling on those two kittens that survived

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 28th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 28, 7:25*am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
. ********s.

As I always say "don't insult *******s none of us have a choice about
whether our parents were married or not"

I don't have a word for people who would dump animals- I thought of
"Scum" but have a feeling I'd go out of my house and be greeted by a
pile of green algae with a sing saying "That comment was unfair to
scum" on top

Old June 28th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jun 28, 7:25 am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
.. *******s.

As I always say "don't insult *******s none of us have a choice about
whether our parents were married or not"

True. I rarely think about the word's original meaning. I've always
thought it a rude way to refer to people whose parents weren't married.

I don't have a word for people who would dump animals- I thought of
"Scum" but have a feeling I'd go out of my house and be greeted by a
pile of green algae with a sing saying "That comment was unfair to
scum" on top

It was!

Old June 28th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 28, 11:37*am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:

True. *I rarely think about the word's original meaning. *I've always
thought it a rude way to refer to people whose parents weren't married.

It's simply the term for children born outside of wedlock originally
it had no rude connotations whatever

It's like using some of the slang terms for (there may be children
reading this so I am being careful) ahem...pleasing onself- what's
wrong with that? Most people do it at some time or another and as for
the slang term for a part of the female anatomy being used as an
insult..Anyway the point is these words are not suitable to describe
someone non-Human( who would dump 4 barely weaned kittens even if they
were a self pleasuring female whose parents were not married?) I just
can't think of a suitable insult for people like this then again
perhaps "Dumper of animals" is insulting enough

I am not a nasty or vindictive person I am saying that in front in
case after reading this get the wrong idea but if the persons
concerned are ever caught for a start I would have them walking around
with a picture of the two living and two dead kittens round their neck
and it would read "Aren't they sweet? I dumped them in a car park to
die and the courts have decided anyone who wants to teach me a lesson
can do so without fear of prosecution"

What I'd do after the start....you don't wanna know