Which human foods can cats eat?

Old July 19th 05, 01:04 AM
Philip

"Ricky" wrote in message

Plus the fact that you need energy to generate a fever.

You wouldn't get a fever at all if you stopped stuffing your face! I
used to get fevers all the time when getting colds and the flu. Now
when I feel under the weather I stop eating. In a day or two I'm
feeling better. NEVER a fever. Of course this may be a
coincidence. Its only been decades.

Bull Crap. One of the body's immune system responses is to elevate body
temperature. Taken to it's logical end, if you starve yourself, you will
never get a fever because ... you are dead.

Old July 19th 05, 01:11 AM
whitershadeofpale

"Philip" wrote in message
k.net...

"Ricky" wrote in message
news
Which human foods can cats eat? Not as exclusive diet, but once

in
while, without harming their health.

Its not "human" that matters. Its natural and non-processed.

Look
at
your cat food's ingredients. They make it so it won't spoil in
non-refrigerated conditions. Do you know of any food besides
perhaps
nuts and sees that stays pristine in non-refrigerated conditions

for
very long?

If it's canned, plenty of foods.

Canned foods are crap. Why not buy meat/fish fresh? Too busy to

feed
your pet natural food?

There are numerous nutrients (taurine in particular) that is woefully
deficient in muscle and organ tissue.

I regularly eat food that comes in cans - why should I treat my cat
any better than I reat myself??

Hey - just because you are that stupid doesn't mean you have to

soboutage
your cat's health too. But as I pointed out in a previous post, a pet's
owner usually passes on their bad health habits on to their helpless

pets.

REally. I would enjoy reading the independent Internet source for your
assertion.

You said assertion hahaha

Old July 19th 05, 01:13 AM
Philip

"Ricky" wrote in message
snip
Young'ens
don't worry about Taurine because their body (not ruined by depleted,
processed "cat" food) TELLS them what to eat.

Rubbish. When taurine deficient food is all that is available, kittens will
still eat .... usually.

For your information regarding taurine:

http://maxshouse.com/Tuna_and_Cats_N...onal_Facts.htm

1. Taurine deficiency in the cat results in Feline Central Retinal
Degeneration (FCRD). When taurine is deficient, the photoreceptor cell
membranes become disrupted and dysfunctional, which eventually leads to
cellular death and the loss of cells. Complete blindness ensues with full
degeneration of the retina and attenuation of retinal vessels. Structural
changes within the retina are permanent.

2. Taurine deficiency in the cat also results in the
development of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM). This degenerative disease
causes decreased myocardial contractility, which eventually leads to cardiac
failure. 3. Taurine deficiency adversely affects the cat's immune response
against infectious organisms (viruses, bacteria, parasites) and malignant
and metastatic disease.

Old July 19th 05, 01:28 AM
PawsForThought

Mary wrote:
"PawsForThought" wrote :

Lauren

I had not looked at these for a while. I love the "spider patrol" ones!
Do you just have the two cats now, Lauren?

Thanks for looking at their pics, Mary. Yep, Mickey and Meesha (the
twins

Amos, by the way, looks just like the cat I want but have
never had--one with Siamese markings. Sorry you had to
lose him. How old did he get to be?

Amos was actually a girl I got her when I was 4 years old. She was
my first cat. She was 15 when she died from CRF. She was what I guess
is called a "traditional" or "applehead" Siamese. Back then there was
only one kind of Siamese.

Lauren

Old July 19th 05, 02:36 AM
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:20:38 GMT, Philip wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:47:29 -0700, L Sternn wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:41:29 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On 16 Jul 2005 07:21:00 -0700,
wrote:

I just want to say that asserting that cancer does not exist in wild
animals is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. I suppose you
think that humans wouldn't get cancer if they didn't eat processed
foods either. If only that were true! Yes a processed diet, high in

On the other hand, when a kitty comes down with lung cancer, it is
*always*
from being in a smoker's household.

You're so full of **** I can smell you from here.

Fine. Name one example of a cat with lung cancer that wasn't in a
smoker's
house. One will do.

It is your assertion so .... where did you come about the association? I
believe it is safe to say that you do not conduct such surveys, collect
data, and conjure statistics.

Unlike you, I know how to read. Try it some time. Take a look at the research.

Lung cancer in cats is so rare outside smoker's households as to be nearly
absolutely nil. I don't believe there is a single recorded case. Bring
a cat to a vet with lung cancer and the vet will *know* it came from a
smoker's household.

Try using a web browser for something other than porn. Try pointing one at
google, and typing in "feline lung cancer". It won't hurt you and you might
learn a thing or two.
Old July 19th 05, 02:59 AM
CatNipped

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:47:29 -0700, L Sternn wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:41:29 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On 16 Jul 2005 07:21:00 -0700,
wrote:

[...]

Also... Cats do get lymphoma, but cats who live with smokers have a *higher*
incidence of lymphoma than cants who don't - from licking the nicotine off
their hair.

You may not have noticed, but Phillip is our one of village idiots.
Although any idiot should be able to figure out that if second-hand smoke is
harmful to humans, then it will be even *more* harmful to a creature with
smaller lungs (and, unlike humans, unable to get out of the house and away
from the constant smoke).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 19th 05, 04:01 PM
Philip

wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

Fine. Name one example of a cat with lung cancer that wasn't in a
smoker's
house. One will do.

It is your assertion so .... where did you come about the association? I
believe it is safe to say that you do not conduct such surveys, collect
data, and conjure statistics.

Unlike you, I know how to read. Try it some time. Take a look at the
research.

snip

CITE *YOUR* INDEPENDENT RESEARCH SOURCE. I wish to read what you have read.

Old July 19th 05, 04:01 PM
Philip

wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:47:29 -0700, L Sternn wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:41:29 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On 16 Jul 2005 07:21:00 -0700,
wrote:

[...]

Same reply to you as AZ Nomad. I would like to read *your* independent
research source. Coveting such information in the Information Age suggests
an agenda posing as fact.