OT ping Scratch Monkey

Old May 22nd 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT ping Scratch Monkey

Hey I see you in the warcraft forum. What guild, toon type and server are
you on? If you don't mind me asking

Old May 24th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default RPCA Warcraft players (was: OT ping Scratch Monkey)

"Matthew" wrote in
ng.com:

Hey I see you in the warcraft forum. What guild, toon type and server
are you on? If you don't mind me asking

This is my family's friends guild:

http://thudandblunder.org/

And my Horde guild:

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....atric+Ward&p=1

I try to play one of everything on both factions, so I can experience all
of the game.

If you type "/who thud" you'll see who in my guild is online. Just whisper
someone there to see if "Scratch" is on, and they can ask in guild chat if
they don't know me by that.

And for those RPCA'ers who don't much about WoW, I'm a cat slave even in
the game: I have lots of cat pets on my characters. You can buy many
different kinds from the "Crazy Cat Lady" who lives just outside one major
city. And there's a a little boy named Timmy who wanders the city looking
for someone to sell his little white kitten to. (He's hard to find, so the
kitten is considered a valuable possession.)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Donni_Anthania
http://www.wowwiki.com/Lil_Timmy
Old May 24th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....Geriatric+Ward....

I try to play one of everything on both factions, so I can experience all
of the game.

If you type "/who thud" you'll see who in my guild is online. Just whisper
someone there to see if "Scratch" is on, and they can ask in guild chat if
they don't know me by that.

And for those RPCA'ers who don't much about WoW, I'm a cat slave even in
the game: I have lots of cat pets on my characters. You can buy many
different kinds from the "Crazy Cat Lady" who lives just outside one major
city. And there's a a little boy named Timmy who wanders the city looking
for someone to sell his little white kitten to. (He's hard to find, so the
kitten is considered a valuable possession.)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Donni_Anthani....com/Lil_Timmy

I used to play WOW every day for about a year and a half until my
roomie moved out and took her computer with her. My Mac doesn't have
enough RAM, so I haven't played it in over 2 years.

But when I did play, I can't tell you how much Mischief got me killed
from trying to 'help' me. She'd lie on the computer monitor and and a
paw or tail would dangle down and block my map. Or even walk past the
monitor or god forbid onto the keyboard.

And one time during a raid, she stepped on the mic button and my guild
suddenly said, "Is that a cat?"

I miss WOW

kristi
Old May 24th 09, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message
"Matthew" wrote in
ng.com:

Hey I see you in the warcraft forum. What guild, toon type and
server are you on? If you don't mind me asking

This is my family's friends guild:

http://thudandblunder.org/

I see them around alot. Never had an issue with any member, nor has Joel,
who plays *way* more me.

For the record, the server is Eldre'Thalas. My toon used to be known as
Yowie, but Joel's guild, To the Grave, desperately needed a druid, and so he
borrowed Yowie to raid with. I eventually got so sick of hearing my name
over vent ("Yowie" is my cybername and I answer to it just like Vicky) I
asked him to re-name it. So he did.

My primary toon on the alliance side is now Iudicium, and she's in the guild
Too Drunk To Care. Its a small guild between RL friends, and Iudicium is the
AH monkey for that guild.

And my Horde guild:

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....atric+Ward&p=1

I try to play one of everything on both factions, so I can experience
all of the game.

My main is now a Hordie because the major players of Too Drunk To Care on
the alliance side either went to TTG so they could raid or the stopped
playing Wow. So my Tauren, Rescha, joined Royal Blood. I don't particularly
like that guild - there's some good people but I want a bit of maturity from
my guild plus a bit of discretion as to who they let in (currenlty everyone
in the guild can -and is encouraged to- invite anyone and everyone). I'm not
looking for walk-throughs and nor am I looking for raids, just someone to
chat to and the occasional group effort from folks of a similar level -
although of course anything more than the odd bit of advie from a friendly
level 80 is always welcome, but I'd never *expect* it.

You may also occasionally find "Darkgift" (in really Too Drunk To Care) on
the Horde AH. She's just Rescha's 'sugar Daddy' until Rescha can fund
herself. LOL

And for those RPCA'ers who don't much about WoW, I'm a cat slave even
in the game: I have lots of cat pets on my characters. You can buy
many different kinds from the "Crazy Cat Lady" who lives just outside
one major city. And there's a a little boy named Timmy who wanders
the city looking for someone to sell his little white kitten to.
(He's hard to find, so the kitten is considered a valuable
possession.)

Yowie (the WoW toon) used to collect pets (Aprun, the toon she turned into,
still has them. Wish they weren't soulbound otherwise I would mail them back
to Iudicium, especially the sporebat and the wintersaber, they were long and
hard rep grinds). If I don't get sick of Rescha at around level 30 or so
(when I usually get sick of chracters and re-roll) I'll start collecting
pets (felines in particular) again. Maybe I shoulda rolled a hunter...

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old May 24th 09, 10:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Mischief" wrote in message

On May 23, 5:51 pm, ScratchMonkey
wrote:
"Matthew" wrote
ting.com:

[...]

To The Grave (ad indeed Too Drunk To Care) will forgive cats & small
children at the keyboard, even if it causes a raid-wipe. We have too may
children and cats between us to complain.

It is *lovely* to be in a guild with mature people who understand that Real
Life happens, and indeed, must come first. Even (and perhaps *especially*)
when in the middle of boss fight. Been in far too many guilds that have no
understanding of what RL, cats, kids and responsibilities are like. I'll
just say "Bloody Kids These Days" and prove that no matter what you do, you
turn into your mother (well, if you are a girl, anyway).

Yowie

Old May 24th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message
"Matthew" wrote in
ng.com:

[...]

I have found that little Kitty a new home a total of 74 times at the cost of
100-500g a pop. All my toons have it. I found him lat night again and got
one for my DK

Yowie (the WoW toon) used to collect pets (Aprun, the toon she turned
into, still has them. Wish they weren't soulbound otherwise I would mail
them back to Iudicium, especially the sporebat and the wintersaber, they
were long and hard rep grinds). If I don't get sick of Rescha at around
level 30 or so (when I usually get sick of chracters and re-roll) I'll
start collecting pets (felines in particular) again. Maybe I shoulda
rolled a hunter...

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

LOL I am a pet hoarder myself. I have every cat mount or cat companion you
can have. I want to go to blizzcon there are rumors of a cat mount card
being handed out for the people going. It's May 30 in California I can't
afford to go and want to so bad.

I do play a Survivalist Hunter on the Llane Server. I have a cougar from
the Outlands Called FURNUT. He has glowing purple eyes; which is why I got
him. I have to say he has saved my rear many of times. Till they nerfed it
he had the ability to tank and to bite Crit at the same time. Everyone
tells me to get a raptor or a wolf but I tell them let me play with my cat
and leave me alone. It is not always about the win but how you have fun
playing the game.

I belong to a Retro guild that does a lot of older BC stuff basically
vanilla WOW. We were doing NAXX the other night and the true ruler of NAXX
is a cat that wanders around named Mr. Bigglesworth. He is just a level 5
cat but all of the guild Are cat lovers and either emote /scratch or /pat
or /love the cat for luck. We had a new guildie come with us who walked up
to the cat and killed it. We kicked him out of the guild at that moment.

Old May 24th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Yowie" wrote in
:

To The Grave (ad indeed Too Drunk To Care) will forgive cats & small
children at the keyboard, even if it causes a raid-wipe. We have too
may children and cats between us to complain.

It is *lovely* to be in a guild with mature people who understand that
Real Life happens, and indeed, must come first. Even (and perhaps
*especially*) when in the middle of boss fight. Been in far too many
guilds that have no understanding of what RL, cats, kids and
responsibilities are like. I'll just say "Bloody Kids These Days" and
prove that no matter what you do, you turn into your mother (well, if
you are a girl, anyway).

TaB is like that. We have a number of members with not only small children
but disabled spouses.

TaB's a little small yet to raid alone, so we get together with friends
from Paradox and other people we used to run with from Imajia for the
bigger raids.
Old May 24th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default RPCA Warcraft players

"Yowie" wrote in
:

My primary toon on the alliance side is now Iudicium, and she's in the
guild Too Drunk To Care. Its a small guild between RL friends, and
Iudicium is the AH monkey for that guild.

Added to friends.

My main is now a Hordie because the major players of Too Drunk To Care
on the alliance side either went to TTG so they could raid or the
stopped playing Wow. So my Tauren, Rescha, joined Royal Blood.

My Horde mule is Unffej, named after my Alliance GM. I've got him to mid-
20's so he can go farm for the black tabby (previously known as the Maine
Coone) from the Dalarans in Silverpine.

I don't particularly like that guild - there's some good people but I
want a bit of maturity from my guild plus a bit of discretion as to
who they let in (currenlty everyone in the guild can -and is
encouraged to- invite anyone and everyone)

I was at the AH one day on Unffej and saw someone with the guild name
"Tarot of Alts". I thought it was cool and whispered the person. Turns out
it's a mom and her kid and friends. After chatting a bunch that day she
invited me and I took her up on it. Not much activity, but very nice to
chat with when she's on.

My brother also has a high level toon running around Northrend on Horde
side. I think it's where he plays when he wants to be left alone.