Pet Zoom, Product review

Old May 20th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Pet Zoom, Product review

wrote in message
On May 20, 10:51 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

m...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if you mean the zoom groom mine love it, between that and the
furminator,
we are almost getting the fur in the air under control, Lee

Nope, this is literally called the Pet Zoom. The opinions of my
clowder
on the zoom groom are mixed. Some hate it a lot, some hate it a
little,
and the rest like it. Huey is the only one who really doesn't like
the
Pet Zoom, and, of course, he is the one we need it for the most.
He let
me groom him with it, but he also growled, rolled, and dived at
the
grooming end and bit it. Tanada complained, but made sure that I
could
get all those pesky loose hair on her back. Merlin still loves it,
as do
Pine Cone, QC, and Hermione.

I thought you meant the Zoom Groom and was a bit worried about how
much it
was supposed to cost!
So how does the Pet Zoom differ from the Zoom Groom? Can you
describe how
it works?
Boyfie rarely needs grooming as he keeps himself pristine and always
looks
nice but I got it out today because he was fed at 9 a.m. and was
moaning
that he was starving at 3.15 p.m. Every time I got up from my chair
he
rushed to his bowl and I told him "no, not yet" - he does understand
that
but he is such a greedy cat that sometimes he will not take no for
an
answer. He kept miaowing and headbutting me like I could not notice
he was
about to expire through malnutrition.
So after about the 4th time when I had to go into the kitchen, I
just got
out the Zoom Groom when he went to his bowl, and groomed him with
it. He
has never particularly liked being groomed and I did not want to
reinforce
his idea that if keeps on and on I will give him more food than I
know he
needs.
He accepted the Zoom Groom very well, rolled around amiably when I
was
running the rubber fingers through his fur - and I got quite a lot
out
because I guess he's doing his spring shedding. It will save him
from some
hairballs.
He sat outside afterwards with a confused look. He was expecting me
to feed
him again but got groomed instead. I doubt he will try that again
;-)
He does not know I have a lot of experience with manipulative dogs.
Every time he tries wailing about "more food" which he doesn't need
as he is
plenty chunky already, he will get groomed which is good for him,
but not
what he intends.
I did give him a nice treaty very small tin after he was groomed. It
was
one of Kitty's. He ate it and still went out into the garden in a
huge huff
that I had not understood that he needs to eat far more often and
much nicer
things.
I understand perfectly well that he has a huge appetite and would
easily get
obese if I let him, but I won't. "He" does not understand why he
cannot eat
what he wants, when he wants.
He has no medical issues. He does not have worms. He's just very,
very
greedy.
The idea of grooming him when he keeps asking for more food which he
does
not need will stop when he realises he is not going to get more.

It is not what he wants, of course, he appeals to my soft side by
insisting
he is so hungry. He is not. He has plenty. If I took him to the vet
he
would say it wouldn't hurt for him to lose a couple of pounds.
He isn't fat but overwintering on the sofa in bad weather needs him
to get
out more. Which he is and he will soon be lean and fit.
He caught a small mowsie yesterday morning. He brought it back to
the house
to see if I wanted it. I said "no, thank you. I've just had some
toast."
So he ate it himself.

Tweed

Would you mind giving me a link to read about zoom groom? Googling
that produced
much confusing 411 like *dog* grooming tools, groomers in nearby towns
here called
"Zoom Groom", various odd-looking brushes, and something that looks
like, to me, a
cute plastic big cat cookie-cutter, as well as a plastic mini-version
of the Iron Maiden
of medieval horrorlore. I am working on something now that I may need
a hairball-knot
extractor tool pretty soon. Thanks for any reference to the correct
item.

*******

This is the 'as seen on TV' Pet Zoom

https://www.petzoom.com/

This is the 'Zoom Groom' brush. I like how easy it is to hold and the
cats are crazy about it.

http://www.petco.com/product/106332/...oom-Brush.aspx

Jo

Old May 20th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message

*******

This is the 'as seen on TV' Pet Zoom

https://www.petzoom.com/

This is the 'Zoom Groom' brush. I like how easy it is to hold and
the
cats are crazy about it.

http://www.petco.com/product/106332/...oom-Brush.aspx

Jo

Just a nosy query: tat first link with that one having what appears to
be *metal*
teeth, though point-capped with little plastic or rubber tips....if
you use this, do
your cats mind its more heavy-duty knot-removing qualities (i.e.
comfort factor)?
It looks to me more like a dog fur tool.

I'm surprised, but my cats like the 'wire brush treatment'. They
prefer a stronger tooth or bristle on a brush that digs down to the
skin.

The Zoom Groom doesn't so much brush as it does massage. The material
it is made from is kind of gummy and pulls out loose fur. I haven't
used it on tangles and I'm not sure what it would do with tangles.
The dog version of that one has a dog shape on the back rather than
the cat shape but is really just the same thing.

Do your cats prefer that you use the soft pads on your fingers when
you stroke them or do they like it when you get down to business with
fingernails? That gives you an idea what they will like or tolerate.

Jo

Old May 20th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Stormmee" wrote in message

Would you mind giving me a link to read about zoom groom? Googling
a hairball-knot

extractor tool pretty soon. Thanks for any reference to the correct
item.

*******

This is the 'as seen on TV' Pet Zoom

https://www.petzoom.com/

It looks like a slicker brush that I already have and probably bought from a
pet shop or dog show for less than 5 pounds.

This is the 'Zoom Groom' brush. I like how easy it is to hold and the
cats are crazy about it.

http://www.petco.com/product/106332/...oom-Brush.aspx

Yes that's the Zoom Groom I have. It's no use to get mats out but brilliant
getting out loose hair that you didn't realise your cat had.

Tweed

Old May 23rd 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

am very interested in the differences, with this many cats i will try it one
of them will benifit, Lee

Old May 23rd 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

one thing i have learned is to zoom groom them first, if they are in a shed
phase i use the furminator on back, sides, and fluffy hair areas, Lee

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

The pet zoom in a brush with retractable (self cleaning) bristles. I paid
half that for a similar brush last year and the cats love it.

Kayla and I got a furminator for Christmas, and it is wonderful. It
doesn't stop her shedding all over everything, but does cut down on it by
about 2/3. The cats like it too, but it seems to take too much fur off
them.

Jo

Old May 24th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On May 20, 2:42*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Yes that's the Zoom Groom I have. *It's no use to get mats out but brilliant
getting out loose hair that you didn't realise your cat had.

Didn't realise? The first time I approached my cats with a Zoom Groom
they weren't even moulting and half a ton of hair came out! When
they're moulting I have the sneaking feeling there's enough for a
jumper in there!

It's the only brush Dunzi will tolerate she hisses at every other one
and I have to keep it in a drawer because if I forget and leave it
where Sarsi can get at it- the next thing I'm faced with Sarsi holding
it in her mouth with what is definitely a hopeful expression!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Zoom Groom... Christine K Cat anecdotes 11 June 3rd 08 02:13 PM
Zoom Groom Adrian A Cat anecdotes 5 May 25th 06 04:00 PM
Zoom Groom MaryL Cat health & behaviour 0 August 19th 05 11:26 AM
Zoom Groom Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 April 17th 05 04:08 PM
Zoom Groom Enfilade Cat anecdotes 6 April 13th 05 04:50 PM