Mooch takes in the sun

Old February 10th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Mooch takes in the sun

I hope you don't mind another post about Mooch, our resident stray,
but I can't resist writing about the little guy. During the past few
days there's been some welcome sunshine in this bleak Canadian winter,
and Mooch is taking advantage of it. After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest. If the
sun is shining on the carpet, fine, but if it shifts to the chilly
concrete floor Mooch parks instead on the wooden sill beside the front
door. Mooch is no fool!
Old February 10th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alphonze

Bobcat wrote:

I hope you don't mind another post about Mooch, our resident stray,

I definitely don't mind! I love to read about independent-minded cats
who exist on their own terms... but still manage to negotiate a
comfortable way of life! To me, that's the meaning of catness :-)

Give the old Moocher a slow-blink from me!
Old February 10th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 10, 7:38*am, Bobcat wrote:
I hope you don't mind another post about Mooch, our resident stray,
but I can't resist writing about the little guy. During the past few
days there's been some welcome sunshine in this bleak Canadian winter,
and Mooch is taking advantage of it. After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest. If the
sun is shining on the carpet, fine, but if it shifts to the chilly
concrete floor Mooch parks instead on the wooden sill beside the front
door. Mooch is no fool!

His _first_ afternoon meal. I presume that he has taught you about
"second breakfast' and "elevenses" and all.

--
Will in New Haven
Old February 10th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

"First afternoon meal" Hmmmm he must follow these three cats I have. They
heard someone say that eating several times a day is better for the
digestion. NOW, if I could convince them that means "small" portions,
things would be great.

Old February 10th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Feb 10, 10:08*am, Will in New Haven
wrote:
On Feb 10, 7:38*am, Bobcat wrote:

After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest.

His _first_ afternoon meal. I presume that he has taught you about
"second breakfast' and "elevenses" and all.
Will in New Haven

"All" means up to seven meals a day, starting at 6:30 am. and ending
12 hours later. Then we turn on the heating pads in his veranda chair-
bed. Yes indeed, Mooch has trained his humans well to cater to his
wishes!
Old February 10th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 7:38 am, Bobcat wrote:
I hope you don't mind another post about Mooch, our resident stray,
but I can't resist writing about the little guy. During the past few
days there's been some welcome sunshine in this bleak Canadian winter,
and Mooch is taking advantage of it. After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest. If the
sun is shining on the carpet, fine, but if it shifts to the chilly
concrete floor Mooch parks instead on the wooden sill beside the front
door. Mooch is no fool!

His _first_ afternoon meal. I presume that he has taught you about
"second breakfast' and "elevenses" and all.

Ever see that McDonald's commercial that says "You only get one breakfast"?
Whenever I see that, I always say "Why? Who says?"

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 10th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

On Feb 10, 7:38 am, Bobcat wrote:
I hope you don't mind another post about Mooch, our resident stray,
but I can't resist writing about the little guy. During the past few
days there's been some welcome sunshine in this bleak Canadian winter,
and Mooch is taking advantage of it. After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest. If the
sun is shining on the carpet, fine, but if it shifts to the chilly
concrete floor Mooch parks instead on the wooden sill beside the front
door. Mooch is no fool!

His _first_ afternoon meal. I presume that he has taught you about
"second breakfast' and "elevenses" and all.

Ever see that McDonald's commercial that says "You only get one breakfast"?
Whenever I see that, I always say "Why? Who says?"

Tsssk...... at the next meal you have already broken fast...
Old February 10th 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

wrote:
On Feb 10, 7:38 am, Bobcat wrote:

After he eats his first afternoon
meal he sits on the veranda in the sun to let his food digest.

His _first_ afternoon meal. I presume that he has taught you about
"second breakfast' and "elevenses" and all.
Will in New Haven

"All" means up to seven meals a day, starting at 6:30 am. and ending
12 hours later. Then we turn on the heating pads in his veranda chair-
bed. Yes indeed, Mooch has trained his humans well to cater to his
wishes!

Is his heating pad in an enclosed box or at least away from the wind?
Is there any chance he will ever become a housecat? Good wishes. MLB
Old February 10th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Feb 10, 12:20*pm, MLB wrote:

Is his heating pad in an enclosed box or at least away from the wind?
Is there any chance he will ever become a housecat? *Good wishes. * MLB-

The heating pads (2 of them) are in a heavily padded chair, covered by
a blanket. The cords run up the chair leg, and the connections are
elevated so they won't get snow in them and short out. Our veranda is
enclosed on three sides so very little wind blows through it, unless
it's very strong. Re your second question, I doubt if Mooch will ever
come indoors. He's been with us for almost four years and in that time
he's lost his fear of us - his whiskers brush my hand when I put down
his food bowl. But he's too much of a free spirit ever to be
domesticated, even if it means sacrificing a warm bed indoors and lots
of pats and hugs. Also, we have three indoor cats who are very
territorial, and they'd object strenuously to a newcomer.
Old February 10th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bobcat wrote:
On Feb 10, 12:20 pm, MLB wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply. When I was in my late teens, we had a really
large ginger cat (named Ginger) who asked to go out every night, winter
and summer. No matter how cold it was, he would stay out all night. In
the early AM he would come and jump (over 6 feet) to the bedroom window
and scratch the screen to be let in. We later found out he had made a
nest under a neighbor's porch and dug a hole in the ground where he
spent his nights.Good wishes MLB

Mooch almost has visitors Bobcat Cat anecdotes 6 August 19th 08 11:35 PM
The Mooch Mob Bobcat Cat anecdotes 0 July 29th 08 12:58 PM
Mooch gets friendly Bobcat Cat anecdotes 12 October 3rd 06 10:04 PM
Mooch!! dopekitty Cat anecdotes 6 July 21st 05 07:04 PM
Another Mooch strip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 March 19th 04 03:46 AM