The end of Spicey's story

Old June 27th 16, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default The end of Spicey's story

After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
Suz.

As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
upset, and angry.

So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
me as her friend and her family.

As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.

Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
spirit, and with it she captured my heart.

Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
always love you.
Old June 27th 16, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 6/27/2016 8:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry to hear this, even though we knew it was coming. I'm
glad she was able to recognize you and show her love for you. Purrs for
you sad heart.
Old June 27th 16, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/27/2016 11:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{Tak}}}}}} I'm so sorry.

Jill
Old June 27th 16, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:35:39 -0700, Joy wrote:
On 6/27/2016 8:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear this, even though we knew it was coming. I'm
glad she was able to recognize you and show her love for you. Purrs for
you sad heart.

I've been crying and crying over this little cat. But I'm so glad that I
was able to share the paradoxical joys of having an untame kitty, and the
twists of fate that produced some unexpectedly magical moments.

And all due to the last cat a person might think would bring people
together.
Old June 27th 16, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:52:49 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry That was a lovely farewell post.
Old June 28th 16, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie[_2_]

So sad to read this. Will miss your Spicey stories. Tak, you were a great pawpaw to her.
In tears....Gennie
Old June 28th 16, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

sorry for your loss RIP Spicey

Old July 5th 16, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Oh, I just got back from being out of touch for 10 days and read about
Spicy. I'm so sorry, that came out of nowhere. I'm glad she got to
spend some time with you after her difficult life with Suz, but it is
just awful to end so quickly. You did a great job with her. We'll all
miss hearing about her life.
Old July 8th 16, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 00:09:09 -0400, dgk wrote:
Oh, I just got back from being out of touch for 10 days and read about
Spicy. I'm so sorry, that came out of nowhere. I'm glad she got to
spend some time with you after her difficult life with Suz, but it is
just awful to end so quickly. You did a great job with her. We'll all
miss hearing about her life.

There were warning signs - the breast lumps, the diabetes, the
pancreatitis. But I always thought, or hoped, that she'd manage to live on
a razor's edge for years and years with me.

I don't know why I loved such a temperamental girl. But when you see that
wide-eyed face, and the gears constantly turning in her head, it's hard not
to fall for her.

Spicey and the 2nd vet Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 March 8th 13 02:45 PM
Spicey quo Takayuki Cat anecdotes 6 January 3rd 13 09:05 PM
Day with Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 November 12th 12 06:06 AM
When I first met Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 1 November 8th 12 12:37 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM