Napping

Old November 17th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Napping

Tried to take a nap at home today. It's the first really wintery chilly
day of the season, and not just one, but *two* cats wanted to join me
under the blanket. Immediate grooming competition ensued, with loud
slurps from Caliban and quick, sharp movements from Miranda trying to
get in as many licks as possible. Not very conducive to hoomin napping.

However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old November 17th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Awwww! Sounds so sweet. I really appreciate warm kitty bodies in the
wintertime )
Christine

Old November 17th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 17, 8:19*am, Marina wrote:
Tried to take a nap at home today. It's the first really wintery chilly
day of the season, and not just one, but *two* cats wanted to join me
under the blanket. Immediate grooming competition ensued, with loud
slurps from Caliban and quick, sharp movements from Miranda trying to
get in as many licks as possible. Not very conducive to hoomin napping.

However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

WooToo, who only recently learned to allow a feline visitor or two
into her, our, room, will not share naptime or bedtime. That is, if I
am there. She seems fine napping or sleeping with Maggy May and
sometimes with Sunrise when I'm not there or if I am in the room but
not on the bed. WooToo is a very good companion and sleepy-friend but
I envy you the double team.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 17th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

Awwww.... what cuties! Our heater was out last night and the house was
fairly cold. That meant both Basho and Issa crawled under the blankets
to sleep between my legs. All the other cats were all over the rest of
the bed.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 17th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Tried to take a nap at home today. It's the first really wintery chilly
day of the season, and not just one, but *two* cats wanted to join me
under the blanket. Immediate grooming competition ensued, with loud
slurps from Caliban and quick, sharp movements from Miranda trying to
get in as many licks as possible. Not very conducive to hoomin napping.

Of course you couldn't sleep. They were engaging in, as humor columnist
Dave Barry would put it, "loud personal hygiene".

However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

Awww, that sounds sweet!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 17th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
Tried to take a nap at home today. It's the first really wintery
chilly day of the season, and not just one, but *two* cats wanted to
join me under the blanket. Immediate grooming competition ensued,
with loud slurps from Caliban and quick, sharp movements from
Miranda trying to get in as many licks as possible. Not very
conducive to hoomin napping.

However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

Cat naps are so very much more cozy than dog naps. (Well, unless
Molly gets miffed at me moving and bites an offending toe)

Kayla sleeps in a crate at night, but does share the sofa with me for
day time naps. I'm all the time getting paws in the face and elbows
in the neck, etc.

Jo

Old November 18th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

Awwww.... what cuties! Our heater was out last night and the house was
fairly cold. That meant both Basho and Issa crawled under the blankets
to sleep between my legs. All the other cats were all over the rest of
the bed.

I can't imagine sleeping with seven kitties in the bed. Must be heavenly.

Old November 18th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
I can't imagine sleeping with seven kitties in the bed. Must be heavenly.

Having a king size bed helps, not sure how heavenly it would be in a
smaller bed.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 18th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Nov 17, 5:19*am, Marina wrote:
Tried to take a nap at home today. It's the first really wintery chilly
day of the season, and not just one, but *two* cats wanted to join me
under the blanket. Immediate grooming competition ensued, with loud
slurps from Caliban and quick, sharp movements from Miranda trying to
get in as many licks as possible. Not very conducive to hoomin napping.

However, the ensuing two warm and purring furballs curled up against
chest and tummy were.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

I dozed off in my easy chair this evening while waiting for the
laundry to finish drying. It was so nice and peaceful reclining
there, very comfortable and cozy, especially with the kitty curled on
my stomach making little biscuits with her paws. I always sleep with
at least one cat, and when it's chilly, two of them. Francesca likes
to perch on my hip when I'm sleeping on my side while Nina likes the
space between my feet when I sleep with my legs apart.

Melissa

Synchronous Napping CatNipped Cat anecdotes 5 October 2nd 05 11:42 PM
New Napping Spot O J Cat anecdotes 1 May 21st 05 04:50 PM
cats stack napping hoomin Brenda Cat anecdotes 11 March 28th 04 08:13 PM