OT - Finally a Name

Old August 24th 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Finally a Name

I finally got my Cardiologist to put a "name" to what I have....

Myocardiopathy with Left Ventricular Thrombus.

Doing a web search is daunting. If anyone has had experience with this,
either personal or friend and family, any anecdotal info would be gratefully
accepted.

Still in the hospital, still don't know anything else - even a guess at when
they're letting me go - (I need to write down all those different "levels"
they keep talking about).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old August 24th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Sorry, got the first one wrong - it is "Cardiomyopathy" (I'm also dyslexic -
"Dyslexics Untie!!" ;

Old August 24th 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
I finally got my Cardiologist to put a "name" to what I have....

Myocardiopathy with Left Ventricular Thrombus.

Doing a web search is daunting. If anyone has had experience with this,
either personal or friend and family, any anecdotal info would be gratefully
accepted.

Still in the hospital, still don't know anything else - even a guess at when
they're letting me go - (I need to write down all those different "levels"
they keep talking about).

That sounds bad! But I'm glad that it didn't pass undiagnosed. I
hope this means that some effective treatments will follow.
Old August 24th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:38:28 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Sorry, got the first one wrong - it is "Cardiomyopathy" (I'm also dyslexic -
"Dyslexics Untie!!" ;

I read you first post, and thought "I know what Cardiomyopathy is...I
wonder if Catnipped got it backwards" Medical terms are really
confusing.

Cardiomyopathy just means damage or deterioration to the heart muscle.
It's sort of a general term, and doesn't indicate how or why it has
happened.

Left ventricular thrombus is another kind of general term. It means a
blood clot in, or affecting the left ventricle.

The left ventricle is the chamber of the heart that does the most work
of pumping blood.

So, the 'names' they gave you sort of describe what happened to your
heart, but not how or why.

I hope that you are feeling better, and that you are getting enough pain
medication to be reasonably comfortable.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for anyone to me IN A HOSPITAL, and be in
pain! Hearing about that just made me angry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100824-1, 08/24/2010
Tested on: 8/24/2010 5:21:50 PM

Old August 25th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Thank you, Inge. That's sort of what I thought, but a google search just
brings up sites that are incomprehensible to a non-medical person. And the
amount of "hits" is in the millions, and I am just too physically tired to
even think about it. My brain just seems to "seize up" on me. My heart
just will no longer let me push myself past exhaustion and pain like my
stubbornness and pig-headedness used to do. I'm not getting enough oxygen
into my body to exert even mental effort. So I really appreciate and simple
language explanation.

Old August 25th 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
Thank you, Inge. That's sort of what I thought, but a google search just
brings up sites that are incomprehensible to a non-medical person. And the
amount of "hits" is in the millions, and I am just too physically tired to
even think about it. My brain just seems to "seize up" on me. My heart
just will no longer let me push myself past exhaustion and pain like my
stubbornness and pig-headedness used to do. I'm not getting enough oxygen
into my body to exert even mental effort. So I really appreciate and simple
language explanation.

That's terrible. I can't even count the number of medical issues you
have on one hand anymore. There's cardiomyopathy, fibromyalgia, the
torn bicep, dyslexia...

Having a heart disease sounds dangerous as well as debilitating. I
hope they can get you a good therapy.
Old August 25th 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

I think Myocardiopathy is in your genetics.

Best wishes sweetie.

Old August 25th 10, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

Thank you, Inge. That's sort of what I thought, but a google search just
brings up sites that are incomprehensible to a non-medical person. And the
amount of "hits" is in the millions, and I am just too physically tired to
even think about it. My brain just seems to "seize up" on me. My heart
just will no longer let me push myself past exhaustion and pain like my
stubbornness and pig-headedness used to do. I'm not getting enough oxygen
into my body to exert even mental effort. So I really appreciate and simple
language explanation.

I looked up "cardiomyopathy" on the Mayo Clinic site, and saw a page
that's not too technical for a non-medical person (that would be me as
well as you). I didn't find it that hard to understand, and even given
your less-than-ideal state, you should be able to read it, too.

There was a list of possible causes for the condition, including things
like diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism, drug addiction, and some
kinds of chemotherapy. I don't know everything about your medical
history, of course, but I don't remember hearing you talk about any of
these things. Could you possibly have a nutritional deficiency? That
could happen to anyone. Just a thought.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
Old August 25th 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

From the couple of sheets of info they gave me I think I would have to point
to critical weight loss and muscle loss. When the Swine flu pandemic scare
last summer, I could no longer find the *natural* thyroid medication (made
from pigs thyroids). The put me on "Synthroid" which, I found out much
later is almost like a poison for the body and mind. So since last summer I
went from weighing around 150 (a bit heavy for a 5'6" woman but, aside from
the RSD, my heart was perfectly healthy. When they first check me into the
hospital a couple of weeks ago I was only 90 pounds. I had *NO* body fat
and *NO* muscle mass in order to even keep my core body temperature warm -
my temperature was always the same as the ambient temperature.

Thanks for the tip where to go for info.

finally!!! Stormmee Cat anecdotes 24 February 11th 09 04:09 AM
Finally. She finally did da update Booker Cat community 4 January 6th 08 12:54 AM
OT I finally have done it NMR Cat anecdotes 4 February 8th 06 04:42 PM
Finally - Again Smokie Darling (Annie) Cat anecdotes 12 March 26th 05 07:12 PM
finally! Cat health & behaviour 1 August 15th 04 10:53 AM