Anyone want a piece of steak.....

Old April 22nd 05, 10:41 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:30:09 -0700, Mischief wrote:

That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces and
leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately suspected
Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head in
the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just licking
the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Kristi

Ye Gods! I wouldn't do it after people -- why would I do it after my cat?
When I cut up meat for my cat, I use a clean fork and knife. MLB

Old April 23rd 05, 12:26 AM

I don't know I'd admit this to another group of people, but I've been

known
to share food with my dog and cat off my fork and spoon. Or my plate

if
they are pushy.

I had to stop eating my lunch sitting of the sofa and watching TV

cause the
dog would stand with her paws on my shoulder figuring it was one bite

for me
and one for her, etc. Didn't bother be that much but she would do

the same
thing when Charlie was home and it kind of went past his gross out

meter.

Jo

I already know it would be way past my DH's gross-out meter, so I've
never done it. My daughter does, though, and it doesn't gross me out at
all.

Sherry

Old April 23rd 05, 12:28 AM
Melissa Houle

Mischief wrote in message
oups.com...
That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately
suspected Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head
in the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Kristi

This is why I put any leftovers AWAY in the fridge immediately. I don't
trust any of my cats NOT to commit very great liberties. (Yes, it's my fault
for never having disciplined them adequately to stay off the counters and
stove.) =o) You could try a quick rinse off with warm water if you're
worried. Or pat it with a damp paper towel. But yeah, considering the high
cost of meat these days, I'd probably eat the steak anyway after giving it
the rinse off.

Melissa

Old April 23rd 05, 02:23 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mischief wrote:

That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately
suspected Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head
in the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Safer with cat spit than human spit! (Very few diseases
your cat or dog have can cross species lines and infect
you.) If you can overcome your squeamishness and pretend it
never happened, I guarantee you'll never know the difference.

Kristi

Old April 23rd 05, 02:41 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Jo Firey" had some very interesting things to
say about Anyone want a piece of steak.....:

I don't know I'd admit this to another group of people, but I've been known
to share food with my dog and cat off my fork and spoon. Or my plate if
they are pushy.

I've done that.

My bird has lately taken to nibbling on my face. It's OK with me,
except when she gets too energetic with my lips or sticks her beak way
up my nose. :-)

Old April 23rd 05, 06:04 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:23:11 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Mischief wrote:

That may or may not have kitty spit on it?

I had pan fried some steak a while ago and had been cutting off pieces
and leaving the rest on the stove.

Well I just heard a noise from the kitchen, and I immmediately suspected
Mischief.

I walk into the kitchen adn she's perched on the stove, with her head in
the frying pan. When I shooed her off, she was licking her lips.

ARGH! the little ****!!!

I don't know whether I caught her in time or whether she was just
licking the pan and not the meat.

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Safer with cat spit than human spit! (Very few diseases your cat or dog
have can cross species lines and infect you.) If you can overcome your
squeamishness and pretend it never happened, I guarantee you'll never know
the difference.

Kristi

If you do decide to use it after rinsing it off in hot water, perhaps you
could sear on both sides in a hot pan. MLB

Old April 23rd 05, 07:31 AM
O J

Kristi wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Mmmmm! Steak!

I used to drive my sister absolutely bonkers by letting our cat, The
Puddy, lick ice cream off my spoon. It was so great (I was a
teen-ager) to manage to give my kitty a treat and gross out my sister
at the same time.

A kitty eating things from the stove is certainly due for a good
scolding, but it wouldn't slow me down from having my share.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old April 23rd 05, 12:38 PM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to
the spit.

People think I'm weird when I tell them my cat french kisses me! ;

You are weired, but we love anyway. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 23rd 05, 07:02 PM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:13:36 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

Mischief wrote:

I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to the
spit.

Me too! I've built up an immunity

LOL. I do that too. I share the ice cream spoon with Frank. Mere wants
to taste all my food, and I often let her take a morsel off my fork.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 23rd 05, 07:52 PM
CatNipped

Mischief wrote:
I don't know.....anyone think it's safe?

Of course it's safe! This happens to us all the time...
Well, that and I usually kiss my kitties on the lips, so I'm used to
the spit.

People think I'm weird when I tell them my cat french kisses me! ;

You are weired, but we love anyway. ;-)

LOL! Yeah, this is true, I *am* weird - that's why I feel so at home here!!
;

Hugs,

CatNipped