Lester: RB

Old December 11th 03, 05:31 AM
Arthur Shapiro

Default Lester: RB

The night doctor called. Lester has taken a bad turn for the worse and was
described as being noticably worse than when we brought him in. He had been
on oxygen and under constant attention in the two hours since we left.

They recommended and asked for permission to euthanize. We sadly gave the
goahead.

Don't bother to fill up the newsgroup with "I'm sorry" messages - it's a given
and I'm very appreciative of everyones' support and obvious concern about a
kitty you'd never met.

He was a really good, gentle cat; having him for 15 1/2 years + two days was
always a pleasure, even in those last years where he tended to stay out of the
mainstream in one of the bedrooms. At least the surgery gave us a couple
extra weeks, and I really believe he wasn't particularly unhappy until the
sudden spiral this evening.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Old December 11th 03, 06:32 AM
Hopitus2

Damned PC turned itself on again (nothing unusual) and I got up to turn it
off, as the music was going on forever otherwise....hit the OE while I was
up....saw your post, Art. Tears here for you hoomins, not for Lester, who is
as beautiful as he ever was at the Bridge, painfree, surrounded by his
peers, our own beloveds, where he will wait, as they all do, for our
eventual arrival there to take them Home. Yes, we never met Lester, yet we
share your grief. The furry short people just don't last as long as we do,
and when they leave, holes are left in our hearts, but they will always live
on in our memories of their time with us. Sorry, Art.
Had to vent.

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
: On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:31:18 GMT, (Arthur
: Shapiro) wrote:
:
: The night doctor called. Lester has taken a bad turn for the worse and
was
: described as being noticably worse than when we brought him in. He had
been
: on oxygen and under constant attention in the two hours since we left.
:
: They recommended and asked for permission to euthanize. We sadly gave
the
: goahead.
:
: Don't bother to fill up the newsgroup with "I'm sorry" messages - it's a
given
: and I'm very appreciative of everyones' support and obvious concern about
: kitty you'd never met.
:
: He was a really good, gentle cat; having him for 15 1/2 years + two days
was
: always a pleasure, even in those last years where he tended to stay out
of the
: mainstream in one of the bedrooms. At least the surgery gave us a
couple
: extra weeks, and I really believe he wasn't particularly unhappy until
the
: sudden spiral this evening.
:
: Art
: Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at
this ISP to reach me
:
: "Rise up slowlu. Angel, it's hard to let you go...."

Old December 11th 03, 09:40 AM
lewe

[...]

I am glad you had the "extra" time together.
Sad about your loss.
Purrs for all.
Lena
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old December 11th 03, 12:22 PM
badwilson

Well, the good thing about the NG is that it's endless and will never fill
up. So I feel justified in sending an "I'm sorry" message anyway, because I
am. I've been following the story of Lester since the beginning and it
seems like you've been having quite a rough time of it lately with your
cats. Purrs for you and your family,
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 11th 03, 02:04 PM
Christine Burel

[...]

Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time; hugs for you and
purrs for Lester at the RB.
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker