A message from BlueBird

Old October 31st 03, 11:42 PM
Yoj

Default A message from BlueBird

I got the following message from BlueBird today. :-(

I know she'd love to get phone calls and cards.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson
--

I'm sorry but this is going to be the last you'll hear from me, except
maybe by phone. I may get cut off before I send this so it will be
short. I'm unable to pay my full cable bill so without notice they are
cutting me off. I knew sooner or later it would have to go because I
just can't pay anything any more. I just didn't expect it to be this
soon. I was going to pay 1/2 of it today and then the full balance on
the 3rd. I went as far up the chain as I could but they wouldn't make
an exception at all. No one would. It was either full payment today or
ZAP. So, I'm zapped....... computer, TV and all. I'll sit here and
stare at the walls from now on. I'm sorry, but I can't do anything
about it. I've just been so terribly sick ( running fever this morning
of 99.2) and then caring for Little Bit (which I don't regret for one
tiny minute). It all is wearing me down to the very bottom of that
black pit we all with this disease know. This is also happening at the
very worst time of the year. Too much time to think at a time when I
miss my son the very most. In all the whole year this is the very
worst time. I'm also away from my youngest son, who is all the family I
have left pretty much. Even worse, I'm away from three sweet grandkids.
At Christmas it hurts even more. Anyway, I'm sorry to dump on you, but
I needed to let you know why I'm disappearing. Didn't want to do it and
y'all not know what happened to me and worse think the very worst had
happen. I'm still here, just not kicking very high right now. LOL

I love each of you so very much. Thanks for all that you've done for
and with me over my years on the computer

Old November 1st 03, 02:40 AM
rrb_091903

Christine Burel wrote:

Joy, do you have any idea what her cable bill is and if we could contribute
toward it? Even if we could do something till the beginning of the year for
her it might help her get through the holidays...just a thought. Also maybe
you could post her addy and phone # on catslaves...
Christine

I don't know Bluebird other than these messages posted by Joy. But if it
is possible I will donate to the cause.

Regards,
Rich

Old November 1st 03, 02:43 AM
Yoj

"rrb_091903" wrote in message
Christine Burel wrote:

Joy, do you have any idea what her cable bill is and if we could

contribute
toward it? Even if we could do something till the beginning of the

year for
her it might help her get through the holidays...just a thought.

Also maybe
you could post her addy and phone # on catslaves...
Christine

I don't know Bluebird other than these messages posted by Joy. But if

it
is possible I will donate to the cause.

Regards,
Rich

Thanks to you and others who have helped and/or offered to help.
Whenever I start despairing of the human race, I think of people like
you and it restores my faith.

Joy

Old November 1st 03, 03:27 AM
Victor Martinez

I don't know Bluebird other than these messages posted by Joy. But if it
is possible I will donate to the cause.

We'll donate some too.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 1st 03, 05:06 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:42:41 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

I got the following message from BlueBird today. :-(

I know she'd love to get phone calls and cards.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please pass along to BB that she's in out thought and prayers. Secial
purrs gong out from my Little Bit to hers, and Rocky and Sammy sending
along purrs as well.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old November 1st 03, 06:13 AM
Marina

"Yoj" wrote
That is a lovely thought, Christine. I understand that her COPD
newsgroup got together and paid the outstanding bill, so she can keep
her TV. She will be switching to a much less expensive, dial-up
connection for her computer.

I might post that information to Catslaves, but I have never been there,
and I suspect the webmistress (or whatever the title is) is otherwise
occupied at the moment. ;-)

She probably is.

There are two other possibilities, since she does have real and ongoing
financial problems. I can e-mail the address to someone who could post
it there.

Just what I was thinking. You could e-mail it to me at
OTOH, if there is already someone co-ordinating money for BB, maybe it's
unnecessary to start another fund.

I just wish it was easier to transfer money over the pond. Get with the
electronic banking over there, will you? ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 1st 03, 07:02 AM
Yoj

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:42:41 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

I got the following message from BlueBird today. :-(

I know she'd love to get phone calls and cards.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon

it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please pass along to BB that she's in out thought and prayers. Secial
purrs gong out from my Little Bit to hers, and Rocky and Sammy sending
along purrs as well.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email

I'll do that, Steve. Thanks.

Joy

Old November 1st 03, 07:04 AM
Yoj

"Marina" wrote in message

[...]

I'll send it to you anyway, in case anyone would rather their
contribution go directly to her. Electronic banking would be nice. The
closest thing we have right now (that I know of) is PayPal.

Joy

Old November 1st 03, 08:14 AM
Takayuki

"Yoj" wrote:
I got the following message from BlueBird today. :-(

That's so sad! On the plus side, she'll always have family, friends,
and us.

Old November 1st 03, 10:52 PM
Yowie

"Yoj" wrote in message
That is a lovely thought, Christine. I understand that her COPD
newsgroup got together and paid the outstanding bill, so she can keep
her TV. She will be switching to a much less expensive, dial-up
connection for her computer.

I might post that information to Catslaves, but I have never been there,
and I suspect the webmistress (or whatever the title is) is otherwise
occupied at the moment. ;-)

There are two other possibilities, since she does have real and ongoing
financial problems. I can e-mail the address to someone who could post
it there. There is also another address that I can post here. Another
newsgroup in which she used to participate when she had more energy
established a "BlueBird Fund", which is administered by a woman named
Mary Foster. Checks may be sent to her made out to "BlueBird Fund", and
she passes the money on to BlueBird when she particularly needs it.

Her address is:

Mary Foster
P.O. Box 272
Elk, WA 99009

Do you know if Mary Foster has a PayPal account?

Thanks,

Yowie
(Who is now Mrs Yowie, and will post a full report sooner or later...)