A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Purrs and Prayers for Mark Edwards

Old April 1st 19, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Purrs and Prayers for Mark Edwards

Mark is back in the hospital with sepsis, and is very ill. He could use all the purrs and prayers that he can get.
Old April 1st 19, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 4/1/2019 9:00 AM, Mishi wrote:
Mark is back in the hospital with sepsis, and is very ill. He could use all the purrs and prayers that he can get.

Purrs on the way. Thank you for letting us know.

Jill
Old April 2nd 19, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 9:00:04 AM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:

Bridget gave another update last night. Mark is going into hospice - his kidneys have failed, and he is refusing further dialysis. They are keeping him comfortable, and he is expected to pass soon. :'(

Mishi
Old April 2nd 19, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 4/2/2019 7:36 AM, Mishi wrote:

Bridget gave another update last night. Mark is going into hospice - his kidneys have failed, and he is refusing further dialysis. They are keeping him comfortable, and he is expected to pass soon. :'(

Mishi

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear this. Purrs for his comfort.

Jill
Old April 3rd 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 5:55:16 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:

Mishi

Jill

Here is Bridget's post:

Mark update: It is with a very heavy heart that I deliver today's update. As of this morning, Mark was placed on hospice. He has refused further dialysis. Basically, he let his doctors and family know that he is very tired and doesn't want to fight anymore. Nick, Senyah's son who has been taking care of all the details knows there are people who would be willing to talk to Mark if Mark were willing to listen.

Mark will be cremated. Nick is going to take care of all of those arrangements. There won't be a funeral. They don't expect Mark to live through the week with his kidney function where it is. He is on pain meds, and is resting comfortably.

I have the name of a florist local to Nick. He said Senyah would be more appreciative of a nice live plant over a floral arrangement if we wanted to do something like that. I will post the florist info separately so if you want to send something on your own, you can. I will call the florist tomorrow to see about prices for different kinds of things and get back to everyone to see who might be interested in going together to get something for Senyah to keep in her room.
Old April 3rd 19, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 4/3/2019 9:50 AM, Mishi wrote:

Mishi

Jill

Here is Bridget's post:

Mark update: It is with a very heavy heart that I deliver today's update. As of this morning, Mark was placed on hospice. He has refused further dialysis. Basically, he let his doctors and family know that he is very tired and doesn't want to fight anymore. Nick, Senyah's son who has been taking care of all the details knows there are people who would be willing to talk to Mark if Mark were willing to listen.

Mark will be cremated. Nick is going to take care of all of those arrangements. There won't be a funeral. They don't expect Mark to live through the week with his kidney function where it is. He is on pain meds, and is resting comfortably.

I have the name of a florist local to Nick. He said Senyah would be more appreciative of a nice live plant over a floral arrangement if we wanted to do something like that. I will post the florist info separately so if you want to send something on your own, you can. I will call the florist tomorrow to see about prices for different kinds of things and get back to everyone to see who might be interested in going together to get something for Senyah to keep in her room.

Oh, I wish I could contribute. Unfortunately I find myself in
uncomfortable financial circumstances.

Purrs continue for Mark, Senyah, Nick and all those who are with him.
At least he's not in pain.

He wrote the most wonderful posts right after my cat Persia died. He
said go ahead and re-tell the anecdotes about her. Loved hearing them
when she was living and love hearing about them now. I needed to do
that and he completely understood the need. Such a nice man.

Thank you for the update.

Jill
Old April 3rd 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 10:26:56 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/3/2019 9:50 AM, Mishi wrote:

Mishi

Jill

Here is Bridget's post:

Oh, I wish I could contribute. Unfortunately I find myself in
uncomfortable financial circumstances.

Purrs continue for Mark, Senyah, Nick and all those who are with him.
At least he's not in pain.

He wrote the most wonderful posts right after my cat Persia died. He
said go ahead and re-tell the anecdotes about her. Loved hearing them
when she was living and love hearing about them now. I needed to do
that and he completely understood the need. Such a nice man.

Thank you for the update.

Jill

For those who want to visit his webpage - here is a link. Not sure how long it will stay up after his passing: http://professional-geek.net/