Boyfie has been badly hurt

Old January 18th 14, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Boyfie has been badly hurt

"jmcquown" wrote in message
wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
He came in at 11pm last night with some intestines protruding from
wound
in his side.
I panicked so much that I could hardly speak to the vet on the
phone, I
couldn't seem to control my breathing.

I rushed him to the surgery where he underwent an emergency
operation.
The
vet rang me during the night to say he'd survived the op but he's
had to
open up a large incision down the middle of his tummy as well, to
check
for
internal damage, which there wasn't and also so his abdominal
cavity
could
be flushed out.

It's not clear how it happened. I thought he might have been
attacked
but
the vet thinks it is more likely that he fell somehow onto
something
sharp.
I phoned early this morning and the nurse's notes say he is "bright
and
alert." I'm expecting a call from the vet any time so I'll know
more
when
I've spoken to him.
There is potential for peritonitis so please purr and pray for his
recovery.
I'm sick with worry. The house is so empty without him.

Tweed

Mega purrs for, Boyfie! I find this so upsetting, I can't imagine
how you
feel. :-(
--

I haven't had an accident like this *ever* I've searched the garden
and

Boyfie is still at the vets and will remain there until Monday

Tweed, we are all sending purrs for Boyfie and for you. You may never
find out how this occurred. At least you know it wasn't from a bite
or another animal.

Purrs continue.

Jill

I just now read this thread, and my heart is pounding for you..both!
Sending healing purrrs.
Sylvia M

Old January 18th 14, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

He has his temperature taken every few hours and they love him because "he
is so sweet about it"
I told them he wouldn't use a litter box and he hasn't. The nurse says
she'll try soil. good luck with that nursie
I'd like to bring him home but he needs the meds. They say they can teach
me to do it but what thay don't realise is how different Boyfie is at home
versue being a flatcat at the vet.

My fierce ladycat Cocoa was the same at the vets - she would flatten
herself to the table, shed fur copiously and leave sweaty pawprints, but
the vet could easily do whatever needed to be done. Back home, she would
revert to her normal Boadicea-like self, claws, teeth and war-cry and
you messed with her at your peril! I know sweet Boyfie is shy, not
fierce though. We are keeping the purrs going for his full recovery. I
agree it is most sensible to leave him in the care of the vets until all
danger of peritonitis has passed. Can you take in a small blanket of his
or some item of clothing of yours that has the smell of home, to comfort
him a bit while he is there?

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old January 18th 14, 04:42 PM
Bill Stock999 Bill Stock999 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
He came in at 11pm last night with some intestines protruding from a wound
[...]

That's awful, I hope the Boy is OK.
Old January 18th 14, 04:47 PM
[...]

That's awful, I hope the Boy is better soon.
Old January 19th 14, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Haven't discussed that but probably not sterile enough, Deb.
I'll just visit him instead. I would like him home as he would be much
happier here but it's out of the question atm.
Tweed

Old January 20th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 1/17/2014 8:22 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

OMG, I sure hope he is doing well by now. I'm almost afraid to read the
follow ups and I know this is 2 days after his surgery. Purrs for the
outcome to be well.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

THAT must have hurt!!! ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 6 July 29th 12 01:21 PM
I hurt John[_4_] Cat community 21 January 20th 12 10:07 PM
This hurt so much OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 21 November 27th 07 11:26 PM
Boyfie got hurt (he's okay) Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 41 November 7th 07 10:54 PM
I'm hurt Pat Cat anecdotes 54 May 17th 07 01:47 AM