Not quite Shop Cats

Old June 18th 12, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Not quite Shop Cats

These aren't cats that are living in shops... outside of a shop, to be sure.
I went to buy some toilet paper and this fluffy black cat ran up to me,
begging for scritches and attention. I gladly obliged Then a short
haired black cat came running over, me too, please! So I gave her some
scritches. Then a grey and white tabby came running. Pay attention to me,
too, please! I barely made it into the store without being overwhelmed by
cats. G

Apparently someone dumped these cats as kittens (according to the clerk
they're about a year old). She told me there's a woman who comes by and
feeds them once a week. She's also had three of the four fixed. I never
did see the forth, which might be the mama cat.

They're adorable. I wish I could offer them a home but I can't. Persia
would pitch a fit! But they were so cute. It made that trip for toilet
paper very worthwhile.

Jill

Old June 18th 12, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

These aren't cats that are living in shops... outside of a shop, to be sure.
I went to buy some toilet paper and this fluffy black cat ran up to me,
begging for scritches and attention. I gladly obliged Then a short
haired black cat came running over, me too, please! So I gave her some
scritches. Then a grey and white tabby came running. Pay attention to me,
too, please! I barely made it into the store without being overwhelmed by
cats. G

Apparently someone dumped these cats as kittens (according to the clerk
they're about a year old). She told me there's a woman who comes by and
feeds them once a week. She's also had three of the four fixed. I never
did see the forth, which might be the mama cat.

Once a week? I hope they know how to hunt!

Poor kitties. I hope they find good homes. They seem very friendly to
humans.

--
Joyce

Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
-- Jan King
Old June 18th 12, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Oh, I'm pretty sure they know how to hunt. The store is next to a nursery
where they grow and sell palmetto trees. There's plenty of mice and voles
around. They were *very* friendly cats

Jill