Special Thanks to Charlie Wilkes--Conan Rescue Motivator Extraordinaire!

Old June 28th 05, 10:00 PM
Mary

Default Special Thanks to Charlie Wilkes--Conan Rescue Motivator Extraordinaire!

Charlie,

I will never forget you for stepping up and offering to take Conan when
nobody else would. I owe you, bigtime.

Thank God your Google history is what it is, because if it weren't I doubt
there would have been two groups showing up to get Conan out of that shelter
this morning!

Tracy, Rhonda, and Dan--I have already gushed all over you, so ... you
know.

Old June 28th 05, 10:01 PM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message ...
Charlie,

I will never forget you for stepping up and offering to take Conan when
nobody else would. I owe you, bigtime.

Thank God your Google history is what it is, because if it weren't I doubt
there would have been two groups showing up to get Conan out of that

shelter
this morning!

Tracy, Rhonda, and Dan--I have already gushed all over you, so ... you
know.

So do we know if it's the gentleman who just lost his cat to CRF who is
getting him, or one of the others who offered? In either case I'd like to
hear about him from time to time if at all possible.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Candace

Mary wrote:
Charlie,

I will never forget you for stepping up and offering to take Conan when
nobody else would. I owe you, bigtime.

Thank God your Google history is what it is, because if it weren't I doubt
there would have been two groups showing up to get Conan out of that shelter
this morning!

Tracy, Rhonda, and Dan--I have already gushed all over you, so ... you
know.

I'd like to add my thanks to all of those you mentioned as well as you,
Mary. It was just the luck of the draw who got there first, I guess.
He's a lucky boy, regardless, and I'm sure he is at the beginning of a
new, wonderful life.

And, despite what some people may have felt about Charlie's past, he
was very gracious on this newsgroup with his offer to take Conan and by
displaying no hard feelings when many objected to it.

Yay, CONAN is okay, and that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candace

Old June 28th 05, 10:11 PM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
[...]

And maybe whoever takes him will send us photos of him in his new
home. I wish M would have someone take some photos of him, just
so we can see him. It may be stupid to get attached to a cat I have
never really met, but I sure did. The night you and I cried when
Philip told the group about returning him I felt sure he would wind
up being put down. Many people contributed to the fact that this
did not and will not happen.

Yipppeeeee!

Old June 28th 05, 10:15 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote

So do we know if it's the gentleman who just lost his cat to CRF who is
getting him, or one of the others who offered? In either case I'd like to
hear about him from time to time if at all possible.

He has asked about him in email, and I have answered him. He said
he has some more questions. I invited him to contact me again. When
he does, I will give him M.'s email, if she agrees.

He lives alone, in a quiet home, knows that whoever adopts Conan
must agree not to declaw him, and believes in keeping cats indoors.
He said he misses his 18-year-old who died of CRF. He lives in San
Diego, has a very good job, and sounds like both a big-hearted and
a smart and capable man. The most important question is:

Does he have a digital camera?

Old June 28th 05, 11:12 PM
biggerbadderbarry

Candace wrote:

I'd like to add my thanks to all of those you mentioned as well as you,
Mary. It was just the luck of the draw who got there first, I guess.
He's a lucky boy, regardless, and I'm sure he is at the beginning of a
new, wonderful life.

Yay, CONAN is okay, and that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candace

First of all I'd like to think God..hehehe...you guys crack me up!

Second of all, I'd like thank all the busy bodies, who could not resist
slinging mud at poor Charlie. This is too funny. I know Charlie doesn't
care, but the thing is...at a minimum, he has seen a side of some
people, he would not have ever seen.

3rdly! and Most importantly!

NEVER PUT IN WRITING, ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO READ.

Old June 28th 05, 11:56 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On 28 Jun 2005 15:12:42 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

Candace wrote:

I'd like to add my thanks to all of those you mentioned as well as you,
Mary. It was just the luck of the draw who got there first, I guess.
He's a lucky boy, regardless, and I'm sure he is at the beginning of a
new, wonderful life.

Yay, CONAN is okay, and that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candace

First of all I'd like to think God..hehehe...you guys crack me up!

Second of all, I'd like thank all the busy bodies, who could not resist
slinging mud at poor Charlie. This is too funny. I know Charlie doesn't
care, but the thing is...at a minimum, he has seen a side of some
people, he would not have ever seen.

It has been hugely entertaining, but in the last 24 hours I have also
begun to feel something like the pity one has for a wino who is passed
out in the gutter with vomit on his shirt. None of these people wants
the cat, but they are all worked up about him. They want to control
who gets him, and some of them spent quite a bit of time and money
toward that end. Well, it's their time, their money, their emotional
roller-coaster.

Charlie
Old June 29th 05, 01:17 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
I have also
begun to feel something like the pity one has for a wino who is passed
out in the gutter with vomit on his shirt.

Charlie

Yeah, takes one to a whole new level of compassion for his fellow man.

I was having a bad day till I jumped on here and seen how full and rich
my life really is.

Old June 29th 05, 05:14 AM
IBen Getiner

Mary wrote:
Charlie,

I will never forget you for stepping up and offering to take Conan when
nobody else would. I owe you, bigtime.

Thank God your Google history is what it is, because if it weren't I doubt
there would have been two groups showing up to get Conan out of that shelter
this morning!

Tracy, Rhonda, and Dan--I have already gushed all over you, so ... you
know.

YES...!! BY ANY AND ALL MEANS..!! PRAISE JEHOVAH GOD IN THE HIGHEST AND
FIRE THE 21 GUN SALUTE! YES! YES, INDEED!! KING CONAN HAS BEEN DEALT
WITH ONCE AGAIN, AND ALL IS GOOD! ALL IS CLEAR! PRAISE BE TO ALL
GATHERED HERE, BUT ESPECIALLY TO CHARLIE. AND TO ALL OTHERS NOT
MENTIONED WHO HELPED IN CONAN'S DIFFICULT TIME OF UTTER NEED... BRING
ON THE CUDDOOS!! BRING ON THE OFFICIAL POMP AND CEREMONIES!! CONAN IS
KOOL! CONAN IS WELL!! CONAN IS CURED! CONAN IS WELLLLL TAKEN CARE OF BY
ALL AT CHB!! CONAN this and CONAN that.....

THANKX, CHARLES... CONAN WOULD JUST BE A REGULAR KAT IF IT WEREN'T FOR
YOU AND ALL THE OTHER JERKS IN HERE...

Do me a favor... SHUT IT about that friggin' cat. Enough already.
Please... Please...

IBen

Old June 29th 05, 05:47 AM
biggerbadderbarry

IBen Getiner wrote:

Do me a favor... SHUT IT about that friggin' cat. Enough already.
Please... Please...

IBen

CLOSE YOUR HOLE!

Wherever you go before you get here?