OT - A Virtual Tour...

Old July 22nd 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default OT - A Virtual Tour...

.... of 27 "wonders" of the world. Sadly, I've only seen one (the Grand
Canyon) in person - and that was when I was a child.

http://guides.travel.msn.com//Guides...8&imageindex=1

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 22nd 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 22, 11:06*am, "CatEyes" wrote:
... of 27 "wonders" of the world. *Sadly, I've only seen one (the Grand
Canyon) in person - and that was when I was a child.

http://guides.travel.msn.com//Guides....aspx?cp-docum...

Hugs,

CatNipped

The Catnadian news all reported the Bay of Fundy being on the list,
and asking
viewers to vote.
I've only been to the Grand Canyon and saw the Matterhorn from a
distance when
I was in Switzerland.

Winnie
Old July 22nd 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

The Catnadian news all reported the Bay of Fundy being on the list,
and asking viewers to vote.

LOL, is that a typo, or is there really a publication called the
"Catnadian" news? If there isn't, there should be. Maybe it should
be obvious if you're following the thread, but I haven't been.

But since I'm here, I'll note that I've been to the Bay of Fundy,
twice. Not for long enough to see the tide come in, though. I was
there once when the tide was out, and I was able to go down to the
beach and walk among these weird, very tall rock formations, all of
which is apparently underwater during high tide. There are signs
all over the place warning people about getting stuck in places
that are accessible during low tide, but that could be dangerous
once it starts coming in.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 22nd 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 22, 2:18*pm, wrote:
Winnie wrote:

* The Catnadian news all reported the Bay of Fundy being on the list,
* and asking viewers to vote.

LOL, is that a typo, or is there really a publication called the
"Catnadian" news? If there isn't, there should be. Maybe it should
be obvious if you're following the thread, but I haven't been.

No it is not a typo. Just some 'catspeak' to make everything cat
related.
I meant different Canadian news channels on TV. Haven't read it in
pubilications yet.
But then I don't get the newspapers, just the free papers by the bus
stops.

But since I'm here, I'll note that I've been to the Bay of Fundy,
twice. Not for long enough to see the tide come in, though. I was
there once when the tide was out, and I was able to go down to the
beach and walk among these weird, very tall rock formations, all of
which is apparently underwater during high tide. There are signs
all over the place warning people about getting stuck in places
that are accessible during low tide, but that could be dangerous
once it starts coming in.

So do you think the Bay of Fundy should be one of the 7 wonders of
the world?

Winnie

--
Joyce * ^..^

Old July 22nd 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

On Jul 22, 2:18?pm, wrote:

But since I'm here, I'll note that I've been to the Bay of Fundy,
twice.

So do you think the Bay of Fundy should be one of the 7 wonders of
the world?

Of the others, the only one I've seen is the Grand Canyon. Not meaning
to insult any Canadians here, but I do think the Grand Canyon is far more
wondrous than the Bay of Fundy. It seems to me like Bay of Fundy is a
"wonder" in the sense that a very unusual and extraordinary thing happens
there, rather than it being particularly exciting to experience. But this
perception is based on what I saw, which was very little. Basically, all
I saw was a beach with some interesting rock formations. It was cool,
but not something I would feel it was necessary to take my kids to (were
I to have any). I did not get to see the tide rushing in, though - that
might indeed be amazing to watch.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 22nd 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 22, 3:56*pm, wrote:

Of the others, the only one I've seen is the Grand Canyon. Not meaning
to insult any Canadians here, but I do think the Grand Canyon is far more
wondrous than the Bay of Fundy. It seems to me like Bay of Fundy is a
"wonder" in the sense that a very unusual and extraordinary thing happens
there, rather than it being particularly exciting to experience. But this
perception is based on what I saw, which was very little. Basically, all
I saw was a beach with some interesting rock formations. It was cool,
but not something I would feel it was necessary to take my kids to (were
I to have any). I did not get to see the tide rushing in, though - that
might indeed be amazing to watch.

I have been to the Grand Canyon and it is majestic. No insult taken.
I reread your post. You've been to the Bay of Fundy twice already?
all the way from U.S? Wow! I didn't know it is that attractive to
tourist.

Winnie

--
Joyce * ^..^

Old July 22nd 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

I reread your post. You've been to the Bay of Fundy twice already?
all the way from U.S? Wow! I didn't know it is that attractive to
tourist.

I used to live in Boston, and one trip that you can do by car is to go
through Maine along the coast, and across the border into New Brunswick.
I did this with a friend about 30 years ago - it was a meandering, relaxed
camping trip that took about 5 days (one way). Along the way we spent some
time at the Bay of Fundy. We were going to go to Nova Scotia, but we were
travelling a little too slowly, and had to turn around in NB in order to
make it back home by the end of my vacation time.

About 10 years later another friend and I decided to go directly to Nova
Scotia. We drove up to Bar Harbor, Maine and took the ferry to Yarmouth,
NS. This was on the coast in the southwest of Nova Scotia. Then we drove
along the coast in a counter-clockwise direction. The plan there was to go
all the way around and visit Prince Edward Island, but it was so rainy
(really hard, driving rain that soaked everything) that it wasn't any fun
to be out in nature. So we spent the time we had planned to spend in PEI
visiting Halifax instead. Then drove back home by way of New Brunswick. By
then it was sunny out, so we stopped and camped in Bay of Fundy.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 25th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatEyes" wrote in message
... of 27 "wonders" of the world. Sadly, I've only seen one (the Grand
Canyon) in person - and that was when I was a child.

http://guides.travel.msn.com//Guides...8&imageindex=1

Hugs,

CatNipped

Gorgeous! I have only seen two on the list (Grand Canyon and Bay of Fundy),
so I have lots more to visit.

MaryL