I think I have four owners now

Old April 5th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I think I have four owners now

"Bridget" wrote in message

Mind you, this does not mean I am not going to look for her a new home.///

Uh-huh. *IF* you say so. LOL! ;o)

Congratulations on the new owner!

Helen M

Old April 6th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote in message
> [...]
I'm not sure when it happened, but at some time in the last month, I went
from being a fosterer to being owned. (Shut up Yowie!) I am still
resisting it, but the fact remains that Calico is still here, partly due
to my father's death and partly due to her illness and partly due to her
hyperthyroidism that is going to have to be treated. But she sleeps with
me, all four cats greet me at the door when I come in, I have a special
feeding routine just for her (she won't eat the kibble I have lying
around). She has become routine in my household. I have become owned yet
again. I wouldn't have thought it possible in this one bedroom apartment
to have four cats and not have it disturb the peace. But except for a few
growls here and there, they really get along great most of the time.

Mind you, this does not mean I am not going to look for her a new home.
But it does mean that it is going to come after I finish catching up in
all of my classes, do my final projects, write thank you notes for my
fathers funeral stuff, send out all the stuff to family members about my
father's funeral like obituary and stuff. And THEN I will make flyers
about Calico. Until then, she is doing quite well here and I see no
reason to add one more thing to the mix of things I need to do. And I
will be owned until we find someone else - a really good someone else -
for her to own. Now that I am owned, there is no particular hurry to get
her out of here. (I can hear you laughing, Yowie, it isn't very
becoming.)

Bridget

Bridget, you know you can't have an even number of cats. Five is a good
number, LOL!

Good luck with the new Kitties, Calicos are great. We've got two now, one
regular and one stripey.

Old April 6th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Con-cat-cat-cat-cat-ulations, Bridget!

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 7th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Reminds me of the time I picked up Anthony from the street (starving
and with burnt paws), took a pillow outside, and said, "Here, this is
your spot. Outside. We don't need any more cats inside." Within 12
hours he was inside, I was saying, "How did that happen?" and my friend
was laughing his head off... That was when my house got named "St.
Francis' Farm for Forlorn and Forsaken Felines".

Cantate (plus or minus a few meows)

Old April 7th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:
Reminds me of the time I picked up Anthony from the street (starving
and with burnt paws), took a pillow outside, and said, "Here, this is
your spot. Outside. We don't need any more cats inside." Within 12
hours he was inside, I was saying, "How did that happen?" and my
friend was laughing his head off... That was when my house got named
"St. Francis' Farm for Forlorn and Forsaken Felines".

Cantate (plus or minus a few meows)

This reminds me of the rules for dealing with stray cats that was posted
here a few times.

STRICT, UNBENDING RULES FOR DEALING WITH STRAY CATS

1. Stray cats will not be fed.

2. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food.

3. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with a little milk.

4. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with warm milk, yummy treats and leftover fish scraps.

5. Stray cats will not be encouraged to make this house their
permanent residence.

6. Stray cats will not be petted, played with or picked up and cuddled
unnecessarily.

7. Stray cats that are petted, played with, picked up and cuddled will
absolutely not be given a name.

8. Stray cats with or without a name will not be allowed inside the
house at any time.

9. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except at certain
times.

10. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except on days ending
in "y".

11. Stray cats allowed inside will not be permitted to jump up on or
sharpen their claws on the furniture.

12. Stray cats will not be permitted to jump up on, or sharpen claws on
the really good furniture.

13. Stray cats will be permitted on all furniture but must sharpen claws
on new $114.99 sisal-rope cat-scratching post with three perches.

14. Stray cats will answer the call of nature outdoors in the sand.

15. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the three-piece,
high-impact plastic tray filled with Fresh'n'Sweet kitty litter.

16. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the hooded litter pan
with a three-panel privacy screen and plenty of head room.

17. Stray cats will sleep outside.

18. Stray cats will sleep in the garage.

19. Stray cats will sleep in the house.

20. Stray cats will sleep in a cardboard box lined with an old blanket.

21. Stray cats will sleep in the special Kitty-Komfort-Bed with
non-allergenic lambs wool pillow.

22. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed.

23. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed, except at the
foot.

24. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the covers.

25. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the covers
except at the foot.

26. Stray cats will not play on the desk.

27. Stray cats will not play on the desk near the computer.

28. Stray cats are forbidden to walk on the computer keyboard on the desk
when the human is asdfjjhhkl;ljfd.;oier'puyykmm4hbdm9lo9j
USING IT.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 7th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

I think that is a great plan.
Please take really good care of yourself, Bridget. We are thinking of
you, sending purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 8th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mind you, this does not mean I am not going to look for her a new home.
But it does mean that it is going to come after I finish catching up
in all of my classes, do my final projects, write thank you notes for my
fathers funeral stuff, send out all the stuff to family members about my
father's funeral like obituary and stuff. And THEN I will make flyers
about Calico. Until then, she is doing quite well here and I see no
reason to add one more thing to the mix of things I need to do. And I
will be owned until we find someone else - a really good someone else -
for her to own. Now that I am owned, there is no particular hurry to
get her out of here. (I can hear you laughing, Yowie, it isn't very
becoming.)

Bridget
Brid honey shes yours ta heck with the flyers. Cats are Borg resistance
is
futile.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 10th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I love this Stray Cats thing.

Cantate