Canned food

Old December 9th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Canned food

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
I feed my cat dry food. It's much better for her teeth as tinned food
begins to rot the teeth after a long period of time.
She is also
fed raw so there is no need for wet

You are absolutely WRONG. Dry food has been proven to cause multiple
problems in cats

Can you please provide credible & peer reviewed scientific proof of that
assertion?

Google it, asshole. In the 15 years we have been reading the group, other
assholes have asked for this at least a thousand times. Try this first: cats
are carnivores. Carnivores eat meat. Canned food is mostly meat. Dry food is
mostly grains.

Old December 9th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Maynard G. Krebs

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
I feed my cat dry food. It's much better for her teeth as tinned food
begins to rot the teeth after a long period of time.
She is also
fed raw so there is no need for wet

You are absolutely WRONG. Dry food has been proven to cause multiple
problems in cats

Can you please provide credible & peer reviewed scientific proof of that
assertion?

Google it, asshole.

YOU made the assertion, it's YOUR responsibility to provide the proof.
Don't expect met to do YOUR homework for you nor go on any wild goose hunts.
If it's been "proven" then it should be easy for you to reply to my request.
Why does simply asking for the proof you've claimed make me an "asshole"?
BTW, ad hominem attacks come from those losing a discussion.

In the 15 years we have been reading the group, other assholes have asked
for this at least a thousand times. Try this first: cats are carnivores.
Carnivores eat meat. Canned food is mostly meat. Dry food is mostly
grains.

Again, I most graciously request that you please provide your credible peer
reviewed scientific evidence, along with cites to those vetenary medical
journals that prove your assertion.

Old December 9th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"KenK" wrote in message
Any recommendations for canned cat food? I've fed her Fancy Feast for many
years but lately she's been getting diarrhea every week or two. She's
allergic to shellfish and fish and perhaps poultry disagrees with her as
well. Not much left. Suggestions? I noted someone mentioned diarrhea and a
canned food that helped a few days ago but unfortunately I carelessly
didn't print the message or note the name of the thread.

We feed our cats Special Kitty and Little Friskies in addition to
FancyFeast. Read the cans and avoid those with wheat, corn and other
"trash" fillers. As a treat I buy them human grade Mackerel. They go wacky
for it. :-)

Old December 9th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
I feed my cat dry food. It's much better for her teeth as tinned food
begins to rot the teeth after a long period of time.
She is also
fed raw so there is no need for wet

You are absolutely WRONG. Dry food has been proven to cause multiple
problems in cats

Can you please provide credible & peer reviewed scientific proof of that
assertion?

Google it, asshole.

YOU made the assertion, it's YOUR responsibility to provide the proof.
Don't expect met to do YOUR homework for you nor go on any wild goose
hunts. If it's been "proven" then it should be easy for you to reply to my
request. Why does simply asking for the proof you've claimed make me an
"asshole"? BTW, ad hominem attacks come from those losing a discussion.

Killfile "cybercat." She's the rudest most foul mouth person of all on any
of these cat groups. Replying to her just brings more childish foul mouth
insults.

Old December 9th 09, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:01:16 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

Killfile "cybercat." She's the rudest most foul mouth person of all on any
of these cat groups. Replying to her just brings more childish foul mouth
insults.

Cybercat has the courage to be direct honest and she appears to be
mainly correct
You may not like the facts but she like you is a "goodie" and means
well
Petzl
Old December 9th 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
I feed my cat dry food. It's much better for her teeth as tinned food
begins to rot the teeth after a long period of time.
She is also
fed raw so there is no need for wet

You are absolutely WRONG. Dry food has been proven to cause multiple
problems in cats

Can you please provide credible & peer reviewed scientific proof of that
assertion? Can you cite the scientific studies and the veterinary medical
journals that these were published?

Raw is fine as long as you know what your are doing

See above....

I am sorry but I am not going to repost information over and over and over
again and again due to some one new looking at the group. Check past post
and Google the same question and debates have been going on for years in
the groups. Not interested in another one

Old December 9th 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry you may not like her but she tells it how she sees it Truth hurts
sometimes

Old December 9th 09, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

g.com...

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Maynard G. Krebs" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"sequeena" wrote in message
[...]

have you noticed that this stupid bitch keeps changing email addresses? What
does that tell you?

Old December 9th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

Killfile "cybercat." She's the rudest most foul mouth person of all on
any
of these cat groups. Replying to her just brings more childish foul mouth
insults.

Cybercat has the courage to be direct honest and she appears to be
mainly correct
You may not like the facts but she like you is a "goodie" and means
well
Petzl

Can you explain why "Kelly" continues to use different email addresses?

Old December 9th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 02:17:28 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

Can you explain why "Kelly" continues to use different email addresses?

Didn't notice?
Could be attempt at spam prevention?
I find Gmail good, real messages get through, with spam going to spam
very accurately. A free account you can "throw away"

Petzl