Electric mouse

Old February 5th 04, 08:25 AM
Douglas Clark

Default Electric mouse

Two nights ago the cat brought in this mouse. How he caught it I have no
idea. A pure fluke I suppose. But he cant catch it and I cant catch it cos
it moves like a streak of lightning when chased. Now I aw worried about it
starting chewing things, like computer cables. My sister-in-law says the
only solution is an old-fashioned mousetrap. But I would much rather do what
I usually do with mice which is grab them by the tail and chuck them out the
front door into greenery. The cat is not doing its job though and I
continually complain to it to earn its food. But this mouse is like greased
lightning and I think I will have to visit the local hardware shop.

--
Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com

Old February 5th 04, 08:28 AM
Douglas Clark

I should also say that I am worried about the cat sticking its nose into the
mousetrap, he not having seen one before.

Old February 5th 04, 10:35 AM
Douglas Clark

I am advised to get a box moustrap, not the oldfashioned type which could
damage the cat. The alternative is to lock the cat out of the house while
the oldfashioned trap does its job, but that cant really be done as it might
take a day or two. So I will give the cat the weekend to earn its keep then
see about getting a boxtrap next week.

Old February 10th 04, 06:44 PM
Douglas Clark

I have bought a box mousetrap to try and catch the mouse alive so I can
release it into greenery as I normally do. I bought some ripe cheddar cheese
this morning which I am using as bait. Now we will have to see if this
newfangled technology works. Yesterday morning the cat actually caught the
mouse and spent an hour playing with it before it escaped. The reason for
not buying a traditional mousetrap is that I wouldnt be able to afford the
bills for plastic surgery to repair the cat's nose, cats being cats.

--
Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com
news

Old February 11th 04, 01:00 AM
---MIKE---

First of all, peanut butter usually works better than cheese for bait.
If you use a traditional trap, you could place it in a closet, cupboard
or even a box where that cat can't get to it. I would place 5 or 6
traditional traps in "safe" places.

-MIKE