1250mi in 18 hrs wif 6 cats

Old November 21st 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Norm

Default 1250mi in 18 hrs wif 6 cats

Actually it went relatively smoothly (all I ask is a nice boring trip,
no adventures!). Quinn, Loos and Case are old hands of course and once
resigned to the ride settled in without complaint. I let Tao out of the
small carrier quickly and aside from getting into my yogurt he was a
model citizen. Bosco and Harry were in the large carrier and were
quiet so I left them in, for the whole ride as it happens (one rapacious
cat was all I could stand loose anyway). Tao musta been used to car
rides in his prior life because ever sincxe the first trial ride in PA
he's been sneaking into the car whenever he can, and watched the scenery
and traffic with great interest - sometimes on my seatback or shoulder
with was poignant because Max used to do that many years ago. Of course
I thought about and missed Willie a great deal during the trip. After
the cats were all in the car, I left the PA-house backdoor open for
awhile to let Willie's ghost inside for the winter where he can chase
the ghosts of all his rodent kills. Norm

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
masochism." AC Clark via me1250MI with 6 cats in 18hrs
Old November 21st 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Norm wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear the trip was uneventful (except for the yogurt incident...).

Old November 21st 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chakolate

Norm wrote in
:

I let Tao out of the
small carrier quickly and aside from getting into my yogurt he was a
model citizen.

I can easily see letting Doc out of the carrier as his only complaint in
the car is that he can't see from the carrier. But how do you get them
back in at the end of the trip?

Chak

--
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I
usually make the right decision.
Old November 21st 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Norm

Chakolate wrote:

Norm wrote in
:

I let Tao out of the
small carrier quickly and aside from getting into my yogurt he was a
model citizen.

I can easily see letting Doc out of the carrier as his only complaint in
the car is that he can't see from the carrier. But how do you get them
back in at the end of the trip?

I don't...carried them in one at a time.

Old November 26th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Norm wrote:

[...]

I'm glad to hear all went well.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old November 26th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
eleaticus

Norm wrote:

[...]

Boy!

Are you posting from Heaven, Norm?

By the time I get my second cat to the van, whichever is my old cat gal,
Sadie Bugbane, has decided she is rid of the young boy cat, BabyBoy Lug.

Woohoo!

So, when I last loaded them up, in the early summer, to flee the waves of
tornado fronts approaching, I got Sadie to the van in less than five minutes
but the instant she sees the lug, she starts the hissing and snarling with
which she had first greeted him a couple years earlier.

She kept it up for the whole 20+ hours we were away (with some quiet times),
even hissing at me when I reached into the open carrier she was in at the
time (to spread out the towel in it), and we've been together over 15 years,
and her an extremely gentle cat except when vets and cats are involved.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus