Update on Flinstone Kids Annifurrsary

Old November 21st 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Update on Flinstone Kids Annifurrsary

I posted last week, what with preparing for elections (DH & worked from
4:30am until about 9:30pm at one of our precinct polling stations - not as
campaigners, but as actual poll workers), we had almost missed Bam-Bam,
Barney & Betty's annifursary with us, on Nov 11!

Well, we've been pretty busy since then, as they all got a special 'gift':
they caught bad colds! Betty had the sniffles, Bam-Bam was all stuffed up,
but that didn't deter his appetite.

Barney gave us a fright, though - he didn't want to eat, just lolled around
with this pathetic 'me not feel good' look. He got put on a stronger
antibiotic, and has now come around. We were so scared for him - our fear
was that it would turn into pneumonia! Poor li'l guy only just licked at
the stinkiest tuna we could buy, occasionally getting a tiny chunk of meat.
We resorted to putting tuna, powdered KMR and meat-only baby food in a
blender, and using a syringe to force food into his mouth (with his stronger
anti-pill ground up in it, too, at least one feeding a day). After about
24-hours of "force" feeding him every couple of hours, he started becoming
more alert, and next thing we know he's gobbling the tuna we offered him!
And nibbling on dry food. We knew he was on the mend when he swatted at my
shoelaces on Sunday!

He still has to take his meds (gobbles the tuna so fast, he doesn't know
there's a pill in it! I rue the day he figures that out!), but Betty and
Bam-Bam just */beg/* for tuna too! Even Weeble has to get into the act -
and he's not even sick!

All three are over the worst of it, with only sniffles and an occasional
sneeze, but not the stuffed up snuffles (Bam-Bam & Barney both sounded like
Darth Vader trying to breath under water) of last week.

Those three are going to be sooooooooo mad when the tuna treats stop when
they're all better - I wonder if they will walk around sneezing just to get
us to give them tuna?

Speaking of sneezes - Barney likes to cuddle up with us in the evenings
while we watch TV - and when he sneezes on me I usually say "Bless you,
Barney, may I have another?"

I know that if I had posted a request for purrs, they would have graciously
been offered, but I didn't feel right asking for them when there are worse
off kitties (and hoomins, too) that need purrs more than we do!
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old November 21st 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote:

I know that if I had posted a request for purrs, they would have graciously
been offered, but I didn't feel right asking for them when there are worse
off kitties (and hoomins, too) that need purrs more than we do!

Healing purrs from our gang to yours. There are always enough purrs to go
around.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 21st 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

I'm so glad they are doing better!!

Old November 21st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way that the kitties feel better.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old November 21st 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

[...]

Purrs and gentle headbutts to everyone to feel better. Lacey, in
particular, sends special headbutts to Barney. When my group passed
around a cold she was the one who was the sickest and like Barney gave
up eating and had horrific sneezing fits and was ohhh, sooo, pitiful. I
just felt so sorry for her. She says she totally understands how he feels.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old November 22nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

I know that if I had posted a request for purrs, they would have graciously
been offered, but I didn't feel right asking for them when there are worse
off kitties (and hoomins, too) that need purrs more than we do!
--

There are always plenty of purrs for kitties not feeling well. Hope
your clowder's all up to snuff by now.
--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old November 22nd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
I posted last week, what with preparing for elections (DH & worked
from 4:30am until about 9:30pm at one of our precinct polling
stations - not as campaigners, but as actual poll workers), we had
almost missed Bam-Bam, Barney & Betty's annifursary with us, on Nov
11!

Happy belated Annifursary Bam-Bam, Barney & Betty! (Glad to hear they are
all recovering nicely.)

Jill

Old November 26th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

I posted last week, what with preparing for elections (DH & worked from
4:30am until about 9:30pm at one of our precinct polling stations - not as
campaigners, but as actual poll workers), we had almost missed Bam-Bam,
Barney & Betty's annifursary with us, on Nov 11!

Well, we've been pretty busy since then, as they all got a special 'gift':
they caught bad colds! Betty had the sniffles, Bam-Bam was all stuffed up,
but that didn't deter his appetite.

Barney gave us a fright, though - he didn't want to eat, just lolled around
with this pathetic 'me not feel good' look. snip

Lots of feeling better purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek