Baby Eyes is OK again

Old June 24th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Baby Eyes is OK again

Her skin cleared up 95% in two days' time after the Purina food ran out. The
discount grocery has the organic cat food back in stock, and it's on sale: 7
lbs. for $3.75. So it appears that even a few days on any catfood with corn
in it makes Baby Eyes ill. The trick is going to be in managing to keep her
on it, while relying on an unreliable supplier. No way can I afford to mail
order this stuff, even with discount coupons from that online store that
MaryL recommended.

Old June 24th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 24, 12:32 am, "Pat"
wrote:
Her skin cleared up 95% in two days' time after the Purina food ran out. The
discount grocery has the organic cat food back in stock, and it's on sale: 7
lbs. for $3.75. So it appears that even a few days on any catfood with corn
in it makes Baby Eyes ill. The trick is going to be in managing to keep her
on it, while relying on an unreliable supplier. No way can I afford to mail
order this stuff, even with discount coupons from that online store that
MaryL recommended.

What's the name of the organic cat food that she does so well on?
I wonder, since corn is the specific allergen, whether any of the
grocery-store
brands are corn-less. I looked at my Proplan bag, it has corn in it.
Have you
checked Whiskas?
Glad she is better.

Sherry

Old June 24th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Sherry" wrote

| What's the name of the organic cat food that she does so well on?

Castor & Pollux "Organix" is the name.

| I wonder, since corn is the specific allergen, whether any of the
| grocery-store brands are corn-less.

I've checked them all and didn't find one. Most have either chicken
"by-product" meal or some form of corn as the #1 ingredient, with the other
being the #2 ingredient.

Old June 26th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Pat wrote:
Her skin cleared up 95% in two days' time after the Purina food ran out. The
discount grocery has the organic cat food back in stock, and it's on sale: 7
lbs. for $3.75. So it appears that even a few days on any catfood with corn
in it makes Baby Eyes ill. The trick is going to be in managing to keep her
on it, while relying on an unreliable supplier. No way can I afford to mail
order this stuff, even with discount coupons from that online store that
MaryL recommended.

I'm glad to hear that. Do you think she's allergic to corn?

Hope you can keep finding the food. You might want to talk to the
grocery about ordering, or keeping it regularly in stock. I bugged my
grocery store endlessly about keeping my hand-roll tobacco in stock, and
they started keeping it back for me whenever it came in.

Ginger-lyn
Old June 26th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Ginger-lyn" wrote

| Hope you can keep finding the food. You might want to talk to the
| grocery about ordering, or keeping it regularly in stock.

This is a "take it as it comes" type of place, where they just get shipments
of dented cans, out of date stuff, discontinued stuff, whatever, at lower
than wholesale prices. That's why I can afford it! But they don't have much
say over what kinds of stuff is available most of the time, especially in
the pet food department.