Ungrateful lizzard

Old November 2nd 03, 12:13 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Ungrateful lizzard

Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
or very yummy food...
I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to scruff
her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to grab it and
IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it
outside, never letting go!
I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 2nd 03, 12:42 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 00:13:42 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
or very yummy food...
I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to scruff
her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to grab it and
IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it
outside, never letting go!
I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)

Maybe it was hungry!
Old November 2nd 03, 01:20 AM
Gizela

Perhaps that was its way of thianking you.

Or, it might've thought the cat would somehow take it of you unless it was
gripping onto you hard!!!

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old November 2nd 03, 04:14 AM
Hopitus2

Did it draw blood? Lizards here bite but they don't have any teeth.

:
: Or, it might've thought the cat would somehow take it of you unless it was
: gripping onto you hard!!!
:
: Purrs
:
: Angela and Gizmo
:
: "Victor Martinez" wrote in message
: ...
: Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
: growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
: or very yummy food...
: I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
: alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to scruff
: her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to grab it and
: IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it
: outside, never letting go!
: I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)
:
: --
: Victor Martinez
: Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
: Send your spam he
: Email me he

:
:
:

Old November 2nd 03, 05:15 AM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote in
Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
or very yummy food...
I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to scruff
her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to grab it and
IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it
outside, never letting go!
I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)

Aw, what an ungrateful litle sh*t! Hope your finger is ok. I don't know
anything about the bacterial flora of lizard mouths, but I hope it's not
like cats'. Did it break the skin?

--
Marina

Old November 2nd 03, 05:29 AM
Victor Martinez

Hopitus2 wrote:
Did it draw blood? Lizards here bite but they don't have any teeth.

Nope, thankfully it did not. I wonder what the ER folks would've said if
I showed up with a lizzard injury...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 2nd 03, 05:37 AM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
or very yummy food...
I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to
scruff her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to
grab it and IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger
while I carried it outside, never letting go!
I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)

The lizard was undoubtedly scared and couldn't distinguish between the cat
as a predator and *you* as a predator. After all, you are much larger than
the cat!

Hope it didn't break the skin, but if it did, think about how recently you
had a tetanus shot.

Jill

Old November 2nd 03, 06:59 AM
Alan Erskine

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Maya caught a lizzard this afternoon. I could tell because she was
growling at all the other cats, like she does when she has either prey
or very yummy food...
I chased her around the house, trying to see if the lizzard was still
alive so I could rescue it. I finally caught Maya and managed to scruff
her so that she would release the lizzard. I reached down to grab it and
IT BIT ME!!! The little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it
outside, never letting go!
I hope it makes it, but man, why did it have to bit me? ;-)

To a lizard you smell and look like a cat? ;-)

--
Alan Erskine
alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Definition of Terrorist?
Anything the U.S. government
says it stands for.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:46 AM
polonca12000

I do hope the wound is not too deep and that you will recover without a
problem.
Lots of purrs for your finger,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipThe little lizzard held on to my finger while I carried it

Old November 2nd 03, 06:58 PM
Hopitus2

In many years' ER work, I've never seen a "lizard injury" to this day, but
this Halloween night just as I was clocking out, some big dude showed up
with a large gauze over his middle face and stated that his d-pet "just
about bit his nose off". Did not stick around to check that out......now,
even your average evil-tempered cat would not be capable of such a thing.

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .