Barfing on the Carpet

Old January 16th 04, 03:46 AM
Sherry

Default Barfing on the Carpet

I just don't get it. Why do cats run from the linoleum to the carpet
when they want to throw up?

Good question. I've wondered why mine position themselves where everyone in the
room can watch them ceremoniously hark up a hairball. They are pretty private
about pooping and peeing. It doesn't make sense.

Sherry
Old January 16th 04, 03:50 AM
Cheryl

BrandyÂ*Alexandre wrote in on
15 Jan 2004:

I should have known she was working on it, though. She hadn't eaten
dinner. She didn't have anything TO throw up, thank goodness, so it
was an easy cleanup. Then I tackled her and poked a 1/4 Pepcid down
her. An hour later she had some dinner. I guess all is right with the
world for now.

Shadow barfs in 3's. He does a clock motion and that is how I can tell it
is him. He doesn't do it as much these days as his IBD is not causing
nausea. But I remember when he'd start to barf, he'd chuck up one, then
turn a little bit, chuck again, turn and chuck again. After 3 he would
always be done. If Kami chucks often, I wonder if reglan would be an
option for a CRF cat? It works wonders for Shadow. Pepcid doesn't work for
him much, sometimes it does. When it doesn't, I switch him to the generic
version of Zantac (also cut into 4's).

--
Cheryl

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.
Come here Squishy. Ow. Bad Squishy.
- Dori

Old January 16th 04, 05:52 AM
Suzie-Q

BrandyÂ*Alexandre wrote:

I just don't get it. Why do cats run from the linoleum to the carpet
when they want to throw up?

I think it's one of Murphy's Laws.

;^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Old January 16th 04, 02:44 PM
MGW

I just don't get it. Why do cats run from the linoleum to the carpet
when they want to throw up?

I think it's one of Murphy's Laws.

We once had a stupid black Labrador Retriever who would go out of her
way to throw up on the shag rug in the living room (that's REALLY hard
to to get barf out of) The one time I managed to grab her and drag
her into the bathroom before she barfed, she headed straight for the
carpeted bath mat and did it on that!

Old January 16th 04, 11:38 PM
Suzie-Q

MGW wrote:

I just don't get it. Why do cats run from the linoleum to the carpet
when they want to throw up?

I think it's one of Murphy's Laws.

We once had a stupid black Labrador Retriever who would go out of her
way to throw up on the shag rug in the living room (that's REALLY hard
to to get barf out of) The one time I managed to grab her and drag
her into the bathroom before she barfed, she headed straight for the
carpeted bath mat and did it on that!

If I hear it coming, I will VERY CALMLY grab a newspaper
and put it down under the cat's (or dog's) face. It is
important to be calm or else the cat (or dog) goes
running off to vomit somewhere else!

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~