Notes from the Farm

Old November 16th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Notes from the Farm

On Nov 16, 10:10*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:
Oh, {{{{{{Lesley}}}}}} *Bless you so much, and I thank you so much.

No sweat I try to live my life by the rules a wise old man taught
me...he was a boss where I used to work he said this:roughly

"If for every day you live you can do something good for someone
whether it be as simple as opening a door for them or giving one
homeless guy enough for a cup of coffee or even just making someone
smile or sharing a joke or whatever then as long as you do it at least
once a day more is better but even just once a day then as long as you
do at least once a day for every day of your life then your life is
not a waste"

So today my life is not a waste cos I helped a friend okay?

Or my other belief "Whatever goes around comes around" I have a couple
of dear friends who have money worries- I have a few of my own like
everyone else but I buy them the odd drink- helped pay for one of
them to get the kitten he found spayed and he will pay me back but if
he doesn't well the kitten has a loving home, isn't out there as a
feral and breeding unwanted kittens and anyway he's a mate so as far
as I am concerned I was lucky at the time to have a few bob spare and
when it comes back it comes back from whatever source as I say it goes
around and comes around. I;ve been so down on my luck before now and
whilst I survived I survived 'cos people and fate helped out like the
time we were so skint Iknew I had 5.00 in my account when you could
still get a fiver out so that was 2 days cat food and potatoes and
beans for us Hoomins

Went to get the last fiver and found 50p so that's an extra tin of
beans then hit this bizarre trail of money..another 50p meant maybe
some butter then a couple of coins meant a bag of cat litter then two
more coins meant sausages

Someone obviously dropped it I think but at the time it landed where
someone who really needed it found it. Ended up with enough food for
us (the cats were covered) some little extras (like marmalade) and
spare change to go out for an hour or so to have a beer (We had been
stuck indoors staring at each other for almost 2 weeks we needed the
break) where I met someone who worked for an agency and got me 2 weeks
well paid work at a time when we needed it to pay rent etc

As I say who goes around comes aroung I just keep things moving...and
I try to do at least one good deed every day

Sorry if I sound prissy but that's how I am

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs