Cindy, 9/27/89 - 2/25/08

Old March 2nd 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Cindy, 9/27/89 - 2/25/08

On 2008-02-28 06:44:15 -0600, McZ19 said:

I'm a long time lurker around here who posts occasionally. My little
grey Russian Blue wannabe, Cindy, was helped to the Rainbow Bridge on
Monday this week after a long battle with chronic renal failure. Her
last day at home was spent sampling her various sunny spots around the
house. She even gave herself a catnip fit with the old catnip-filled
sock in the spare room. I sat with her much of the day and evening
and we enjoyed each other's company one last time.

Cindy was a very intelligent cat and, quite honestly, could be very
difficult at times. She didn't like to be held or petted but she took
her title of "Companion Animal" very seriously; she always wanted to
be _with_ me. She didn't believe that humans could do anything at all
without close feline supervision, which could be quite exasperating
at times. And that's why it's brought me to tears all week being able
to read my newspaper at breakfast without having a cat in the middle
of it.

She was a little clown who enjoyed making me laugh -- as long as she
was in on the joke. I have so many hilarious memories of her but
right now, all I can see is the empty spot on the radiator cover in
the living room where she'd sit each morning and watch me get my coat
out of the closet as I left for work.

Her sister, Bonnie, continues to do well, in spite of being diagnosed
with diabetes a couple of years ago. Unlike Cindy, Bonnie is a big
lovebug who placidly accepts belly rubs, hugs and kisses. I'm so glad
I have her or I don't think I could have gotten through this week.

Thanks for listening.

McZ, loyal slave to Bonnie, 18 1/2 yr old Russian Blue wannabe.

I am so very sorry. ((((((((hugs))))))))))

Old March 2nd 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 28, 12:34*pm, McZ19 wrote:

Getting another cat right now is something that I would do for me, not
Bonnie. *Believe me, it's crossed my mind more than once how horrible
it's going to be when I finally come home to a catless house. *I'm
dreading that. *

My friend Hugh always told me after we lost Fugazi and just had Isis
that I was the sort of person who needed a cat and should get another
one as soon as I could,

He was bit miffed at me after Isis died when I told him I was going to
wait 4 weeks and then get a couple of kittens, sisters. He just said
"You'll never last a month" to which the answer was "I have to- they
won't be ready to leave their mum for another month" (he was delighted
for us)

Yes we didn't last very long. Isis crossed the Bridge on the Tuesday,
by Thursday I came home to find Dave staring at cat rescue websites
and asking me if that lady who had the cat who'd had kittens hadn't
foung homes for them? How about it? Was I okay with it? And me going
"If you are..." whilst secretly thinking "YES!"

Friday morning I was in work at 8.30 and going "Hi, Belinda. Have you
found homes for those kittens yet? No! Well I could take two girls."

It may have been a bit quick but if these kittens weren't found homes
she was going to dump them on a pet shop or a shelter (When people ask
me if the cats are rescued I say "No pre-rescued") and it probably
worked in that with them being a bit too young to leave their mother
we had a month to get used to not having Isis around (except I suspect
she pops back from time to time if you get my meaning) but we knew
being catless was a temporary state- I don;t think I could have
managed wondering when it would end

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 6th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

McZ19 wrote:
[...]

What a lovely tribute to a very special kitty.
Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek