Nanki-Poo update 3-17 - Mostly good

Old March 17th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Nanki-Poo update 3-17 - Mostly good

The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she thought
was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested negative. She
also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary gland. She will
remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have him there at 7:30 AM!
If he is doing well, she will also clean his teeth while he is out. I should
be able to bring him home around 5:00 the same day. The evening before will
be hard, because I have to pick up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of
the cats will be happy with me about that. She seems to think there is a
good chance this surgery will take care of the problem.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Old March 17th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Mar 17, 4:19*pm, "Joy" wrote:
The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she thought
was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested negative. She
also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary gland. She will
remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have him there at 7:30 AM!
If he is doing well, she will also clean his teeth while he is out. I should
be able to bring him home around 5:00 the same day. The evening before will
be hard, because I have to pick up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of
the cats will be happy with me about that. She seems to think there is a
good chance this surgery will take care of the problem.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

That sounds like great news, Joy. I'm so glad it's a fixable problem.
Hope
recovery is swift and easy.

Sherry
Old March 17th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Joy wrote:
The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she
thought was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested
negative. She also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary
gland. She will remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have
him there at 7:30 AM! If he is doing well, she will also clean his
teeth while he is out. I should be able to bring him home around 5:00
the same day. The evening before will be hard, because I have to pick
up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of the cats will be happy with
me about that. She seems to think there is a good chance this surgery
will take care of the problem.

It sounds good, continuing purrs for Nanki-Poo.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 17th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 4:19 pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

***

Thank you, Sherry.

Joy

Old March 17th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she thought
was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested negative. She
also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary gland. She will
remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have him there at 7:30 AM!
If he is doing well, she will also clean his teeth while he is out. I should
be able to bring him home around 5:00 the same day. The evening before will
be hard, because I have to pick up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of
the cats will be happy with me about that. She seems to think there is a
good chance this surgery will take care of the problem.

Wow, what a relief that it's not anything too serious! Purrs for the
surgery to go well.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 17th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

"Joy" wrote in message
The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she
thought was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested
negative. She also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary
gland. She will remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have him
there at 7:30 AM! If he is doing well, she will also clean his teeth while
he is out. I should be able to bring him home around 5:00 the same day.
The evening before will be hard, because I have to pick up all food and
water by 8:00. Neither of the cats will be happy with me about that. She
seems to think there is a good chance this surgery will take care of the
problem.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Fabulous!! What a relief! Hopefully all will be well with the surgery and
he'll come home with clean teeth and forgive you quickly!

Purrs for a great outcome.

Bonnie

Old March 18th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

There's still a chance there might be cancer in the lymph node I first
mentioned, but it looks very hopeful that removing that lymph node will get
it all.

Joy

Old March 18th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"22brix" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you, Bonnie.

Joy

Old March 18th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:19:08 -0700, Joy wrote:

The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she thought
was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested negative. She
also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary gland. She will
remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have him there at 7:30 AM!
If he is doing well, she will also clean his teeth while he is out. I should
be able to bring him home around 5:00 the same day. The evening before will
be hard, because I have to pick up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of
the cats will be happy with me about that. She seems to think there is a
good chance this surgery will take care of the problem.

Sending get well purrs that the surgery will be successful. MLB
Old March 18th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Joy" wrote in
:

The vet called about the biopsy she did on Nanki-Poo. The tissue she
thought was an enlarged thyroid was another lymph node that tested
negative. She also tested some other tissue that was normal salivary
gland. She will remove the original lump on Wednesday. I have to have
him there at 7:30 AM! If he is doing well, she will also clean his
teeth while he is out. I should be able to bring him home around 5:00
the same day. The evening before will be hard, because I have to pick
up all food and water by 8:00. Neither of the cats will be happy with
me about that. She seems to think there is a good chance this surgery
will take care of the problem.

That would be great. Fingers crossed here.

Nanki-Poo: Not good news Joy Cat anecdotes 39 March 16th 08 11:54 PM
Nanki-Poo update Joy Cat anecdotes 4 March 13th 08 11:05 PM
Nanki-Poo update - no news Joy Cat anecdotes 17 March 13th 08 01:00 AM
Harri update #5 - still good Dan M Cat community 4 June 25th 05 04:22 AM
Nanki-Poo update Yoj Cat anecdotes 12 November 29th 04 10:22 PM