Purrs request for a remarkable cat lover

Old March 24th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Purrs request for a remarkable cat lover

I just found out my great-aunt Ernestina was run over by a bus in Mexico
City and is seriously injured. She is 80 something years old and was
leaving work when the accident happened. Yes, you read right. She still
works. She's a remarkable woman, really. Her family did not want her to
attend college, back then women were expected to marry a good guy and
have lots of kids. She had different ideas. She went to Chicago, where
she worked as an elevator attendant while attending university. She
later did graduate work in Paris, I think. She worked two jobs most of
her life, as a psychotherapist in a women's jail and as a professor and
researcher at the National University in Mexico City. She's written
several books and is a very well respected personality in her field.
She loves cats. There were always cats in her house. Lately I heard it
was getting a bit out of control, but that's another story.
Right now she's ailing in a hospital bed. I'm not sure if it's her time
to go or not, but could I have purrs for her to suffer as little as
possible?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 24th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

strong purrs for a gentle journey whether it is back to her family or on to
the stars. Gramby and furkids

Old March 24th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Victor Martinez wrote in news:64obrcF2bocakU1
@mid.individual.net:

[...]

You have them. I hope it is NOT your aunt's time. She sounds amazing.

Old March 24th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way. She sounds like a remarkable woman.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Old March 24th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

[...]

I am so sorry--sending purrs and prayers for comfort and relief from pain.
She sounds like an incredible woman.

Bonnie

Old March 24th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:44:26 -0500, Victor Martinez wrote:

[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs to Mexico for your Auntie to be strong again and
to be free from pain. MLB

Old March 24th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris Havlicek

Many purrs that she's around for many more years, books, and cats to
come!

Chris, Tripper, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

Old March 24th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Wow, 80 years old and still working? And she loves cats, bless her heart,
Victor. Many purrs and prayers sent from me and my for cats for her to be
pain free, and for her to be around for a long time. Keep us posted please?
Love
Kyla
and sleepy Clowder

Old March 24th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:

[...]

She sounds wonderful, and I really hope she survives this. Broken bones
can be very tough on an old person, but she does sound strong. Purrs (which
I hope she gets literally as well as figuratively - they're very healing
and she obviously has the "machinery" in place) for her to heal soon.

I hope to be strong and well and in sound enough mind to be working at
80, too.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 24th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

Victor - I'm so sorry about your great-aunt's accident. She sounds like
a wonderful person and we are sending her purrs to get the heck out of
that hospital bed.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Request for purrs Pat Cat anecdotes 69 December 15th 06 06:31 PM
Now a request for purrs for Sam Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 16 August 20th 06 05:37 PM
Remarkable day for Lily & Eli Pat Cat anecdotes 2 February 13th 06 08:30 AM
RB Purrs for D*g Request CatNipped Cat anecdotes 7 January 12th 06 09:59 AM
"Emergency" purrs for an opera lover? EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 15 November 11th 03 02:11 AM