They know the good stuff

Old June 17th 05, 02:28 PM
Jemfur

Default They know the good stuff

Last weekend the AC unit broke=E2=80=A6during the 90=E2=80=99 F heat wave. =
Not so
bad during the day, but its hard to sleep when you can=E2=80=99t get the
bedroom below 85=E2=80=99F. The repair company was backed up several days =
so
DH and I went and bought a window AC unit to cool the bedroom. The
boys had been sleeping in the bathroom sinks to try and beat the heat.
They soon figured out that the bedroom was the coolest place to be in
the house. Currently they only leave the bedroom about twice a day to
eat and use the box. And if they happen to hear the AC turn on while
they are in another room they come running at the speed of light. The
favorite pastime seems to be standing on the footboard of the bed,
directly in front of the AC unit, and staring at it until it turns on.
When the cool air starts to blow they stretch their necks out as far as
possible to get the maximum amount of cool air blowing directly in the
face. This would not be a problem, but it is also shedding season. So
every time the boys sit in front of the AC copious amounts of cat hair
are blown in to the air. The bedroom looks like it has been carpeted
and decorated with cat hair. Oh well, at least the cats are
comfortable. Me, well, I still die of heat stroke every night=E2=80=A6might
have something to do with the fact I sleep with DH on one side and both
cats laid out on the other side (conveniently blocking the cold air
from the AC). The things one does for the bitties :=EF=81=8A

Jemfur, Simba and Pepper

Old June 17th 05, 02:56 PM
KittyLady

What a good mommy you are! Harvey likes the AC too, I just posted about
it before I saw your post.
Skritches,
KittyLady and Harvey and AC fan to.

Old June 17th 05, 03:02 PM
Adrian

Jemfur wrote:
Last weekend the AC unit broke.during the 90' F heat wave. Not so
bad during the day, but its hard to sleep when you can't get the
bedroom below 85'F. The repair company was backed up several days so
[...]
comfortable. Me, well, I still die of heat stroke every night.might
have something to do with the fact I sleep with DH on one side and
both
cats laid out on the other side (conveniently blocking the cold air
from the AC). The things one does for the bitties :?

Jemfur, Simba and Pepper

It was good of you to buy the cats their very own AC unit. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 17th 05, 06:52 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

Clifford (RB) was a devotee of window air units, in a manner that would
fit the Mouser. He would stand in front of the outlet, and
s-t-r-e-t-c-h his neck, such that he would look like Hollywood's
conception of a salty sailing ship captain, facing into a gale.
Old June 17th 05, 10:04 PM
Caroline S.

These AC and cat threads are interesting. I grew up in a house with no
central air, and only window units in the bedrooms and the TV room. In
summer, we only went from room to room when absolutely necessary, as the
stair well and open ground floor were not AC'ed, but our cat refused to
stay in the AC rooms, perhaps because the doors were kept closed. She
was happier spread in a puddle of white fur on the wood floor, or in the
basement, where is was somewhat cooler. I had always assumed that cats
didn't like "conditioned" air. I stand corrected!

Caroline S.