Update Cinder & Rosie's visitors

Old August 30th 04, 10:20 PM
Annie Wxill

Default Update Cinder & Rosie's visitors

Today the pups got the worm medicine. They napped for several hours in a
large hard-sided crate in the family room.
Rosie seemed interested in the crate, but maintained her distance. I
carried her over so she could peek through the openings and see the sleeping
puppies. She puffed up and wanted to be put down, but she didn't hiss or
growl.
Cinder came downstairs and skulked over to the crate and peeked in the
grated door. Then she backed off quickly and skulked back upstairs.
This afternoon I took the pups out to the back yard for some peeing, pooping
and play time. They are so much more energetic now that the worms aren't
stealing all the nourishment.
Rosie sat just inside the glass door and watched. She didn't seem upset; no
hissing and ears were forward.
Even though we moved the litter boxes and brought in interlopers, so far no
litter box protests. (Knocking on wood.)
Annie

Old August 31st 04, 04:39 AM
Marina

"Annie Wxill" wrote
[...]

It sounds like the cats might well accept a d*g or two... but I understand
very well why you couldn't take them in. I couldn't take in more cats
because it's hard enough to transport two out to the island in the summers.
If I had the nerve to bring in a couple of pups (or even kittens), Nikki
would make short work of it. She is terribly territorial and, though she's a
petite cat, fierce as a lion. I should have named her Lionheart. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 31st 04, 07:46 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
If I had the nerve to bring in a couple of pups (or even kittens), Nikki
would make short work of it. She is terribly territorial and, though she's

petite cat, fierce as a lion. I should have named her Lionheart. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Must be something in the makeup of tiny tuxedo cats. Kitty FC is the same.
Very fierce.
She scares me sometimes ;-)

Tweed

Old August 31st 04, 09:44 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:46:33 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Marina" wrote in message
If I had the nerve to bring in a couple of pups (or even kittens), Nikki
would make short work of it. She is terribly territorial and, though she's

petite cat, fierce as a lion. I should have named her Lionheart. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Must be something in the makeup of tiny tuxedo cats. Kitty FC is the same.
Very fierce.
She scares me sometimes ;-)

Tweed

The same with my late Mimi (tuxedo girl). Never topped six pounds
(the 5-month-old Sammy's size!), she was very lovable, but a tiny
tyrant.

Theresa

Old August 31st 04, 11:38 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
If I had the nerve to bring in a couple of pups (or even kittens),

Nikki
would make short work of it. She is terribly territorial and, though

she's
petite cat, fierce as a lion. I should have named her Lionheart. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Must be something in the makeup of tiny tuxedo cats. Kitty FC is the

same.
Very fierce.
She scares me sometimes ;-)

Tweed

The same with my late Mimi (tuxedo girl). Never topped six pounds
(the 5-month-old Sammy's size!), she was very lovable, but a tiny
tyrant.

Guess that's settled then,. Small tuxedo girl cats can take on the world.
Kitty certainly could.
She can catch big birds and rats but not the really huge ones, when she
sees a massive grandad rat, she feels a need to groom herself while it gets
away. OMG. they are half as big as her!!
Sensible Kitty.
She hasn't lived so long finding her own living not to know what's sensible
or not and what she can catch to eat.
Collared doves, that's what she likes, there a lot of them wild here in
England. They are almost as big as she is. Favourite Kitty food and she
can despatch and eat them, no problem.
I have to admire this tiny cat who can get her own food without any
difficulty if her fancy food here should dry up.
She had a hard life. She learned to fend for herself and did so for many
years. Then she arrived here. She's ecstatic.
Not only does she get fed twice a day, but she has access to nice
comfortable chairs to sleep on, which she takes full advantage of.
She isn't entirely an indoor cat yet, but she's learning how to be be one.

However. She still scratches and bites. She fools me by asking for her
tummy to be tickled, and if I do, she grabs with all four legs to scratch,
and she bites too.
If Boyfriend asks for tummy ticks, he means it. No bites, no scratches or
bunny kicks, just Aaaahhh, love it. Do it again. Aaaahh. Again. Please.
Once more..pleeeaase. Just once more.
I can't understand why he is so nice.
All the (two) cats I ever had before would take my hand off at the drop of a
hat, I was sure they were all like this. Kitty FC is extremely
unpredicatible. She has an uncertain temper which has led me on many
occasions to need antiseptic for my wounds. My earlier cat was similar.

Boyfriend is totally different. He's a very gentle soul and has no idea how
to use claws and teeth on his Meowmie at all. It doesn't even occur to him
that it's possible and it's changed my opinion about cats. I only knew
fierce wild ones before. Cats that would slash your arm if you tried to
touch them, not very long since Kitty would do this.

She has improved though.
But Boyfriend is just something else. Ah, he is on my armchair again, I
don't mind. He is so lovely he can do absolutely what he wants to.
Which means.. what?

Worried
Tweed

Old September 1st 04, 01:48 AM
Sherry

"Marina" wrote in message
If I had the nerve to bring in a couple of pups (or even kittens), Nikki
would make short work of it. She is terribly territorial and, though she's

petite cat, fierce as a lion. I should have named her Lionheart. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Must be something in the makeup of tiny tuxedo cats. Kitty FC is the same.
Very fierce.
She scares me sometimes ;-)

Tweed

The same with my late Mimi (tuxedo girl). Never topped six pounds
(the 5-month-old Sammy's size!), she was very lovable, but a tiny
tyrant.

Theresa

Oh my gosh. Bootsie too. She probably doesn't weigh 8 pounds but she's the
meanest cat I ever had.

Sherry